Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We need to toughen up the laws on Illegal Immigration........

No More Catch And Release.......

Illegal Immigrant Caught & Released By DHS, Later Kills Father-Of-10

After illegally entering the United States as an unaccompanied minor, an immigrant was caught and released by DHS. He was given a court date but failed to appear, so the judge ordered him to be deported. Three years later, the illegal immigrant killed an innocent father-of-10 in St. Paul, Minnesota, but the system would fail again.

https://taphaps.com/jose-orlando-vasquez...eojGusgKEs
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

So every immigrant needs to be punished because one is a murderer?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(10-06-2021, 12:15 AM)Dimson Wrote: So every immigrant needs to be punished because one is a murderer?

You obviously ignored the key word in my thread title, either by choice, or I don't know what else..... That key word is ILLEGAL!
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(10-06-2021, 12:19 AM)The Drifter Wrote:
(10-06-2021, 12:15 AM)Dimson Wrote: So every immigrant needs to be punished because one is a murderer?

You obviously ignored the key word in my thread title, either by choice, or I don't know what else..... That key word is ILLEGAL!

So all illegal immigrants are murderers?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(10-06-2021, 12:21 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(10-06-2021, 12:19 AM)The Drifter Wrote: You obviously ignored the key word in my thread title, either by choice, or I don't know what else..... That key word is ILLEGAL!

Unless vetted, yes they have all broken the law and therefore should be in jail.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(10-06-2021, 12:21 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(10-06-2021, 12:19 AM)The Drifter Wrote: You obviously ignored the key word in my thread title, either by choice, or I don't know what else..... That key word is ILLEGAL!

No, but all illegals are criminals. Just being here makes them a criminal. They are breaking the law.

We absolutely need better control of illegal immigration. I totally agree with that. But I also think we need more LEGAL immigration. When we can't get our garbage picked up because we can't find people willing to do the job for over $20 an hour, that tells me we need more immigration. LEGAL immigration.

(10-06-2021, 04:29 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: We absolutely need better control of illegal immigration.  I totally agree with that.  But I also think we need more LEGAL immigration.  When we can't get our garbage picked up because we can't find people willing to do the job for over $20 an hour, that tells me we need more immigration.  LEGAL immigration.

Is that what local companies are paying? I didn’t think it was that much. 

The problem with controlling illegal immigration is when a political party views them more as voter investments than societal contributors, it will run rampant.

(10-06-2021, 06:54 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-06-2021, 04:29 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: We absolutely need better control of illegal immigration.  I totally agree with that.  But I also think we need more LEGAL immigration.  When we can't get our garbage picked up because we can't find people willing to do the job for over $20 an hour, that tells me we need more immigration.  LEGAL immigration.

The problem with controlling illegal immigration is when a political party views them more as voter investments than societal contributors, it will run rampant.

According to the news this morning, they are now offering $25 an hour, because they couldn't get people at whatever they were paying.  So I was just making an educated guess that it was $20.

(10-06-2021, 07:23 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(10-06-2021, 06:54 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Is that what local companies are paying? I didn’t think it was that much. 

According to the news this morning, they are now offering $25 an hour, because they couldn't get people at whatever they were paying.  So I was just making an educated guess that it was $20.

If people don’t start taking that then our troubles run much deeper than pay scales.

(10-06-2021, 06:54 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Future tense?  We're there already.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

THIS.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(10-06-2021, 07:42 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-06-2021, 07:23 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: According to the news this morning, they are now offering $25 an hour, because they couldn't get people at whatever they were paying.  So I was just making an educated guess that it was $20.

If people don’t start taking that then our troubles run much deeper than pay scales.

I was talking to a farmer friend of mine yesterday.

He can't find a guy to drive tractor for him. He's offering $65,000 salary, a work truck, and free housing. I almost told him I'd take the job myself. Just unbelievable, maybe I'm getting old.

(10-06-2021, 02:29 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(10-06-2021, 07:42 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: If people don’t start taking that then our troubles run much deeper than pay scales.

He can't find a guy to drive tractor for him. He's offering $65,000 salary, a work truck, and free housing. I almost told him I'd take the job myself. Just unbelievable, maybe I'm getting old.

It has me baffled as to what is the cause of this. I realize some people are soaking up dole money, but the good pay for some jobs which remain unfilled is absolutely ludicrous. 

Meanwhile, every busy street corner in Jacksonville is populated with young, strong, healthy looking men who are panhandling and probably using the back of a Help Wanted sign to list their woes. These are weird times we live in.

(10-06-2021, 07:42 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: If people don’t start taking that then our troubles run much deeper than pay scales.

Where is this?

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2021, 03:45 PM by KingIngram052787. Edited 2 times in total.)

(10-06-2021, 03:18 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-06-2021, 02:29 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: I was talking to a farmer friend of mine yesterday.

It has me baffled as to what is the cause of this. I realize some people are soaking up dole money, but the good pay for some jobs which remain unfilled is absolutely ludicrous. 

Meanwhile, every busy street corner in Jacksonville is populated with young, strong, healthy looking men who are panhandling and probably using the back of a Help Wanted sign to list their woes. These are weird times we live in.

A part of me wonders if a lot of the people who were able to keep their jobs during the main portions of the shutdown were able to save enough money (since they couldn't spend it eating out, drinking out, traveling, etc.) to then leave the jobs the hated and are still just living off of their savings.  Combine that with any wealth built through the unprecedented bull run of the market, including the meme stocks so many people got into and made money.  Maybe they're just living life and not worried about returning to the workforce yet, meanwhile with the economy reopening the demand for workers has sky rocketed and created this weird paradox.

I have to think it has to be a combination of the above.  I don't think the unemployment is or was enough to float people day to day this long.

I know quite a few people that can't find workers for their businesses.  One thought regarding your friend.  Assuming it's in California $65,000 is probably more like around $50,000 in some lower tax/cost of living areas like Florida.  With that being said, that's not bad money for driving a tractor especially with the housing/work truck thrown in.  I would be all over something like that if I wasn't gainfully employed.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(10-06-2021, 03:23 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(10-06-2021, 02:29 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: I was talking to a farmer friend of mine yesterday.

Where is this?

Madera, Ca

(10-06-2021, 04:22 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

I know quite a few people that can't find workers for their businesses.  One thought regarding your friend.  Assuming it's in California $65,000 is probably more like around $50,000 in some lower tax/cost of living areas like Florida.  With that being said, that's not bad money for driving a tractor especially with the housing/work truck thrown in.  I would be all over something like that if I wasn't gainfully employed.

The Central Valley is quite a bit lower than what people usually think of as California e.g. SF and La, in terms of cost of living. Obviously, state taxes are a thing but you can live real comfortably on $65k and no mortgage or car payment.

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2021, 08:35 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

I I’d be all over that too, except you lost me at “California”

As a business owner, something like that would be up my alley.  Would be a nice decrease in pay but not having to worry about finding help, giving estimates, payroll, invoices, the taxes, etc…  and the less stress involved in those, would make up the difference.

It’s sad when as an owner, I have thought about making a switch.  I need help.  Help is what’s holding my business back. If I could find a job either similar that pays 3/4 of what I get or something else in a field that I truly enjoy, I’d sell.  I think it’s BS to sell out and go off elsewhere.  I’ll give it another year.  If I end up losing my help I have currently, then yeah, I’ll sell what I can and try to find a job on a boat or a farm.  If that doesn’t work, I’ll just have to be a high end gigalo to PV’s elite trophy wives.  I sure hope it comes to that.

(10-06-2021, 08:31 PM)Jags Wrote: I I’d be all over that too, except you lost me at “California”

As a business owner, something like that would be up my alley.  Would be a nice decrease in pay but not having to worry about finding help, giving estimates, payroll, invoices, the taxes, etc…  and the less stress involved in those, would make up the difference.

It’s sad when as an owner, I have thought about making a switch.  I need help.  Help is what’s holding my business back. If I could find a job either similar that pays 3/4 of what I get or something else in a field that I truly enjoy, I’d sell.  I think it’s BS to sell out and go off elsewhere.  I’ll give it another year.  If I end up losing my help I have currently, then yeah, I’ll sell what I can and try to find a job on a boat or a farm.  If that doesn’t work, I’ll just have to be a high end gigalo to PV’s elite trophy wives.  I sure hope it comes to that.

I'm going to invent a machine and put everyone out of work lol.