Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Biden's America: Here's the Real Cost of Inflation on the Average American Family

Biden's America: Here's the Real Cost of Inflation on the Average American Family

Many Americans find it tedious to follow the complexities of financial policy coming out of Washington, D.C. — but everyone takes notice when spending power suddenly shrinks.

https://www.westernjournal.com/bidens-am...vea3zuS8hg
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

$175 a month to a middle class family is painful. It's about to get worse too.

You reap what you sow.

But, but, but Trump, Fox news
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2021, 06:49 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 3 times in total.)

The article is correct up to a point.  Inflation is being caused by supply chain disruptions coupled with flooding the economy with pandemic relief money.  The economy snapped back faster than the supply chain could support it, so inevitably, we have inflation. 

I'm against huge new spending programs just like the author of the article, but the inflation we see right now has nothing to do with Biden.  This current inflation was caused by things that happened before he took office. 

The problem I have with these proposed huge new spending programs isn't that they will cause inflation.  My problem with the proposed spending is that we are headed towards a situation where the government will correctly see inflation as a cure for the debt, and we will have to have inflation to avoid a debt crisis.  Because if the fed raises interest rates to fight inflation when the US government debt is so large, they will make the problem worse by raising the interest on the debt and cutting tax receipts at the same time.  So raising interest rates will cause the debt to skyrocket.   The only way out at that point will be to devalue the dollar with inflation.   We will have borrowed dollars that were worth 100 cents, and make payments on the debt with dollars that are worth 50 cents.  That's how you inflate your way out of debt.

By the way, I had to laugh when I read the author's background- a stay at home mom with a Latin degree.  I guess Western Journal doesn't care if an author has any expertise in the subject they are writing about, as long as they slam Biden.

Marty, the supply chain issue is also caused by the lack of truckers and people who unload the ship. The root cause of this entire issue are the policies of the Biden administration.

For the life of me, I can't figure our why you are so apologetic for this awful administration.

(10-08-2021, 07:32 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Marty, the supply chain issue is also caused by the lack of truckers and people who unload the ship. The root cause of this entire issue are the policies of the Biden administration.

For the life of me, I can't figure our why you are so apologetic for this awful administration.

I'm not apologizing for anything.  I have stated many times where I disagree with this administration.  

I think you're just a knee-jerk critic.

(10-08-2021, 07:38 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(10-08-2021, 07:32 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Marty, the supply chain issue is also caused by the lack of truckers and people who unload the ship. The root cause of this entire issue are the policies of the Biden administration.

I'm not apologizing for anything.  I have stated many times where I disagree with this administration.  

I consider myself a realist with the ability to see things for what they are from the use of facts and common sense. 

Not only are people not working under this administration because of all the incentives not to, they are also getting millions of people fired for not getting vaccinated..

This country is headed for a dark period.

(10-08-2021, 07:44 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(10-08-2021, 07:38 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I'm not apologizing for anything.  I have stated many times where I disagree with this administration.  

I consider myself a realist with the ability to see things for what they are from the use of facts and common sense. 

Not only are people not working under this administration because of all the incentives not to, they are also getting millions of people fired for not getting vaccinated..

This country is headed for a dark period.

I agree that there are too many incentives not to work.  But that is a small part of the supply chain problem which covers the entire world.

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2021, 08:03 AM by SeldomRite.)

You seem awful sure of yourself. I can recall articles going back years about an incoming shortage of truck drivers, this one is from 2018: https://www.ttnews.com/articles/how-cris...ing-habits

So is there anything empirical that backs you up to show the problems people are currently having are due to policies from the guy that came into office this year?

Let's say Trump had actually won the election last year (don't argue he actually did, that's not what we're talking about) and was in office right now, what do you think he would have done differently that would have resolved the current issues?

Im in THe same boat as him.  Nobody is propping up this administration as much as you are forgetting who was the prez for the last 4 years.
If you try and convince me everything was perfect then all of a sudden on Jan 20th everything turned to crap and there's only one reason, than I'm just going to believe that you're not using logic in your arguments just tribalism.  The exact same tribalism that left people have by the way.

Maybe he just understands that because he's not blowing one side, it doesn't mean he supports the other
s
;

;

(10-08-2021, 09:53 AM)Norman Mushari Wrote:

Im in THe same boat as him.  Nobody is propping up this administration as much as you are forgetting who was the prez for the last 4 years.
If you try and convince me everything was perfect then all of a sudden on Jan 20th everything turned to crap and there's only one reason, than I'm just going to believe that you're not using logic in your arguments just tribalism.  The exact same tribalism that left people have by the way.

Maybe he just understands that because he's not blowing one side, it doesn't mean he supports the other

Things were better in every aspect when Trump was president.  More COVID deaths have occurred under Biden in 2021 than in 2020 and he was handed a vaccine which was produced by cutting the red tape out of the way for operation warp speed. Gas is at a 7 year high,  employment targets are missing the mark by huge margins, the average house hold is layong $175 extra a month for goods and services due to inflation

To act like Bidens policies aren't the main cause of this is insanity. He is the worst president in American history and it hasn't even been a year.

(10-08-2021, 06:40 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: The article is correct up to a point.  Inflation is being caused by supply chain disruptions coupled with flooding the economy with pandemic relief money.  The economy snapped back faster than the supply chain could support it, so inevitably, we have inflation. 

I'm against huge new spending programs just like the author of the article, but the inflation we see right now has nothing to do with Biden.  This current inflation was caused by things that happened before he took office. 

The problem I have with these proposed huge new spending programs isn't that they will cause inflation.  My problem with the proposed spending is that we are headed towards a situation where the government will correctly see inflation as a cure for the debt, and we will have to have inflation to avoid a debt crisis.  Because if the fed raises interest rates to fight inflation when the US government debt is so large, they will make the problem worse by raising the interest on the debt and cutting tax receipts at the same time.  So raising interest rates will cause the debt to skyrocket.   The only way out at that point will be to devalue the dollar with inflation.   We will have borrowed dollars that were worth 100 cents, and make payments on the debt with dollars that are worth 50 cents.  That's how you inflate your way out of debt.

By the way, I had to laugh when I read the author's background- a stay at home mom with a Latin degree.  I guess Western Journal doesn't care if an author has any expertise in the subject they are writing about, as long as they slam Biden.

Where would you even use a degree in Latin these days, the Vatican?
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

I know it. Oday ouYay peakSay ig-pay atin-lay?
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

[Image: Screenshot-20211008-121906-Twitter.jpg]
remove duplicate lines online

Art imitates life

[Image: Screenshot-20211009-101237-Twitter.jpg]