Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
New York Times Pushes Six Redesigns Of American Flag

What did you expect from a liberal rag that's not fit for bird cage lining?

New York Times Pushes Six Redesigns Of American Flag

The New York Times, in its incessant attempts to remake American history and compartmentalize the American people, offered six new designs for the American flag,

https://www.dailywire.com/news/new-york-...UiF183AxZ4
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I thought it was kind of a cool article. "If you were tasked with redesigning the American flag, how would you do it?"

What's wrong with that?

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2021, 05:53 PM by Jags.)

Are they going to redesign the bald eagle too?

I like redesigning stuff as much as the next guy, but why this? Nothing wrong with the flag we have.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(10-08-2021, 05:50 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: I thought it was kind of a cool article.  "If you were tasked with redesigning the American flag, how would you do it?" 

What's wrong with that?

Bruh.

(10-08-2021, 05:50 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: I thought it was kind of a cool article.  "If you were tasked with redesigning the American flag, how would you do it?" 

What's wrong with that?

[Image: the-other-guys-weird.gif]

upload a pic

What's wrong with that?

Same thing that is wrong with the rest of the country.  Morals, goals, patriotism, so on and so forth.  The list goes on.

I don't subscribe to the NYT. Are they doing this just for fun or because our flag somehow became offensive to somebody?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2021, 09:13 PM by Jags. Edited 3 times in total.)

(10-08-2021, 08:32 PM)mikesez Wrote: I don't subscribe to the NYT.  Are they doing this just for fun or because our flag somehow became offensive to somebody?

Ever since the election the American Flag has become offensive to pretty much all Democrats. Gays, blacks, illegals… you name it.  Mostly gays and blacks though.    Pay attention, man.  It is our utmost priority to cater to such folk.  That way we can elect people who will turn this country around.  Like, how it was when Trump was in office. But, you know, better. Because gays and blacks and such.  Doesn’t that just put a grin on your chin thinking about it?

The premise was the flag no longer represents all Americans and is increasingly becoming a symbol of the right.

(10-08-2021, 09:37 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: The premise was the flag no longer represents all Americans and is increasingly becoming a symbol of the right.

A symbol of the right meaning patriotic people that still have hope for America vs those that denounce everything it ever stood for.  So, yeah maybe you’re correct, or shall I say “right”.

Altering the flag is one of the things considered disrespectful.
s
;

;

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2021, 04:58 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-08-2021, 09:37 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: The premise was the flag no longer represents all Americans and is increasingly becoming a symbol of the right.

No, that was not the premise.   From the article:

"The American flag is a potent piece of national iconography, but its design shifted frequently until the early 1900s. What if it were redesigned today? We asked artists and graphic designers to try. The flags they came up with reflect a mix of approaches. Some are functional designs, others artistic renderings; some represent America as it could be, others how the artist sees the country now."

And then the various artists show what they would do, and why they would do it that way.  It's just a fun little exercise.   

But, in today's political climate, we can't let a chance to get OUTRAGED go to waste, can we?  

You have to read between the lines, Marty. The NY Times had a piece around July 4th that talked about the divisiveness of the American flag. That idea doesn't just fall out of the sky. There is some part of the culture at the NY Times that is pushing that narrative, which is probably what lead the author to write about the topic and the editor to publish it. Just because the author didn't mention it, doesn't mean it's not the catalyst for this discussion. If this were done 10 years ago, I would think like you, but there is now a large body of evidence that suggests this isn't just an interesting thought experiment.

I will admit that I can't read the NY Times. I had to go to a different link to see the flag designs, and I drew the premise from the artists descriptions of their designs. It fits perfectly inline with the narrative that is pushed by progressive culture, which is undergirded by philosophy that believes it's necessary to destroy American culture in order to achieve a global community. The old must become new. This is just the beginning of the next phase.

They should just come out and say it.

[Image: new-pride-flag-01.jpg?quality=75&strip=a...630&crop=1]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

If people hate our country and the symbols of our country so much, they can just leave.

(10-09-2021, 09:14 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: If people hate our country and the symbols of our country so much, they can just leave.

I agree.  Especially those people who disrespect the flag by changing the colors.
s
;

;

From one of the designers:

"The colors of our flag are intended to stand for unity, valor and justice. The gray, monochrome flag represents America surrendering to its fall from power and loss of the ideals it once stood for. The American dream is being washed away."

This is the state of the country whether we (want to) see it or not.

(10-09-2021, 09:33 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: From one of the designers:

"The colors of our flag are intended to stand for unity, valor and justice. The gray, monochrome flag represents America surrendering to its fall from power and loss of the ideals it once stood for. The American dream is being washed away."

Na., it's not. It's the state of a loud minority.

(10-09-2021, 09:48 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(10-09-2021, 09:33 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: From one of the designers:

Na., it's not. It's the state of a loud minority.

If the silent majority doesn't get its [BLEEP] in gear and push back against it, it will be more than the loud minority.