Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
New York Times Pushes Six Redesigns Of American Flag

(10-09-2021, 10:00 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(10-09-2021, 09:48 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Na., it's not. It's the state of a loud minority.

If the silent majority doesn't get its [BLEEP] in gear and push back against it, it will be more than the loud minority.

Teach your children well and have them do the same and everything will be A-ok. These crazies are not the majority, I promise you.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-09-2021, 10:07 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(10-09-2021, 10:00 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: If the silent majority doesn't get its [BLEEP] in gear and push back against it, it will be more than the loud minority.

Teach your children well and have them do the same and everything will be A-ok. These crazies are not the majority, I promise you.

Eh, didn't raise any so that's out.

Altering the flag is offensive.

That's why changing the colors and adding a different color stripe is offensive, and anti American.
s
;

;

(10-11-2021, 09:49 AM)Norman Mushari Wrote: Altering the flag is offensive.

That's why changing the colors and adding a different color stripe is offensive, and anti American.

Why is altering the American flag offensive?

(10-11-2021, 03:12 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:

Altering the DNA of anything is never good.

Just leave the flag alone.

Were you ever taught anything about the flag in elementary school?  Do you even know what it signifies?  Are you not proud of what this country has been able to accomplish in the short amount of time that it's been in existence?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2021, 06:41 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

I think I know what you’re getting at or referring to.  I must say, as much as I support LEO and our first responders, I have always questioned the thin blue and the thin red American flags.  I’m not sure how I feel with altering it.  It goes against everything I was brought up to believe.  I eventually get to the point where I decide that what they stand for, do for our country and their overall morals allows them to use the likeness of our great flag. Whatever the [BLEEP] the liberals want to do to the flag… well, they can put their renditions flag  pole right up their [BLEEP].  Which, I wouldn’t be shocked if it wasn’t already up there.

I think alterations to the flag are fine if the message fits within the constraints of American values. If gays wanted to make a rainbow version of the flag, and it was a symbol of their love of America, I'm cool with it. Personally, I only care when the purpose is subversion, which is primarily a leftist issue.

(10-11-2021, 07:12 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I think alterations to the flag are fine if the message fits within the constraints of American values. If gays wanted to make a rainbow version of the flag, and it was a symbol of their love of America, I'm cool with it. Personally, I only care when the purpose is subversion, which is primarily a leftist issue.

You just touched on intent.  I feel in the thin blue line and thin red line flags, it’s intent is to also support patriotism.  Somehow, if I see a rainbow one, I feel it’s mocking the flag.  If their intent is to show patriotism and their homosexuality, then, okay…. But maybe I’m too far right to be gullible enough to believe that.  That could be 100% on me.  Nice point you’ve brought up!

U.S. code 700.  "The flag of the US shall be 13 horizontal stripes, altering red and white.  And the union of the flag shall be 50 stars.  White in a blue field."
s
;

;

(10-11-2021, 07:25 PM)Jags Wrote:
(10-11-2021, 07:12 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I think alterations to the flag are fine if the message fits within the constraints of American values. If gays wanted to make a rainbow version of the flag, and it was a symbol of their love of America, I'm cool with it. Personally, I only care when the purpose is subversion, which is primarily a leftist issue.

You just touched on intent.  I feel in the thin blue line and thin red line flags, it’s intent is to also support patriotism.  Somehow, if I see a rainbow one, I feel it’s mocking the flag.  If their intent is to show patriotism and their homosexuality, then, okay…. But maybe I’m too far right to be gullible enough to believe that.  That could be 100% on me.  Nice point you’ve brought up!

Well if you were gay, and you  feel like the rainbow was how you wanted to feel Patriotic,   then that has to be ok as well.
Lots of people feel like the blue line is mocking them.

I like the classic.  But none of the others offend me.
s
;

;

(10-11-2021, 10:03 PM)Norman Mushari Wrote:
(10-11-2021, 03:12 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Why is altering the American flag offensive?

U.S. code 700.  "The flag of the US shall be 13 horizontal stripes, altering red and white.  And the union of the flag shall be 50 stars.  White in a blue field."

Are those altered versions being used as a substitute for the American flag? Are they saluting it or pledging allegiance to it? Because the Code you cited doesn't apply unless they are.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-11-2021, 10:29 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-11-2021, 10:03 PM)Norman Mushari Wrote: U.S. code 700.  "The flag of the US shall be 13 horizontal stripes, altering red and white.  And the union of the flag shall be 50 stars.  White in a blue field."

Are those altered versions being used as a substitute for the American flag? Are they saluting it or pledging allegiance to it? Because the Code you cited doesn't apply unless they are.

You don't think people are going to use that one to salute to, or do the pledge to.  I would assume if you had one in your neighborhood, people would walk by and salute it all day.  I also if I searched a little I could find an article about a Karen angry that some teacher made her kid pledge to it.
s
;

;

(10-12-2021, 09:41 AM)Norman Mushari Wrote:
(10-11-2021, 10:29 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Are those altered versions being used as a substitute for the American flag? Are they saluting it or pledging allegiance to it? Because the Code you cited doesn't apply unless they are.

You don't think people are going to use that one to salute to, or do the pledge to.  I would assume if you had one in your neighborhood, people would walk by and salute it all day.  I also if I searched a little I could find an article about a Karen angry that some teacher made her kid pledge to it.

No, I don't think that at all. That's why your referencing a code for a flag that is not one of those discussed here is irrelevant.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-12-2021, 11:08 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-12-2021, 09:41 AM)Norman Mushari Wrote: You don't think people are going to use that one to salute to, or do the pledge to.  I would assume if you had one in your neighborhood, people would walk by and salute it all day.  I also if I searched a little I could find an article about a Karen angry that some teacher made her kid pledge to it.

No, I don't think that at all. That's why your referencing a code for a flag that is not one of those discussed here is irrelevant.

It's not irrelevant if you think altering the flag in any way is offensive. Not just the 6 examples used in the article.
s
;

;