Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The team will never “rally” around Urban

Imagine having an entire off season to figure this out yet it still takes you until week 5 to get it. 

I seriously don't think this guy has did anything since being hired in January. I have no doubts that he thought he could just show up on game day and they'd win like he did in college because of the talent advantage he had there. News flash Urbs, there's no Indianas or Purdues on a NFL schedule.
https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...6358678530

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Watch Herbert... jealous as heck. Their roster is solid and dude is growing into a machine. My fear is the circus is going to break Lawrence well or the oline.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

I don't think I'm comfortable with  Urban anymore.  Sad
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

I could care less if UM personally succeeds or fails. I'm here for a player (not TLaw, surprisingly). But if UM leaves then that guarantees this teams sucks for at least two more seasons after this one. There is no talent. The players are not good enough, particularly on D and in the WR/TE corp. It's tragically obvious. This team is on a three year (at least) turnaround and it will all happen (or not) off the magic in TLaw's arm.

Think back to the trade/draft period consensus on this board. Everyone was certain that UM was insane for saying the OLine was the only part of the team that was solid. Here we are five games in and... the OLine is the only part of this team that is acceptable (at a smidge better than league average performance). There are individuals scattered around who could get a spot in another side, but as a unit the OLine is the only thing going. Despite this board knowing better it turns out that UM was not smoking crack when he put almost all of his FA investment into the defense.

He did, by the way, try to attract TE talent and not one quality TE was willing to join the team in FA. Not one. Why? Because it is a high chance of career suicide. If TLaw is a bust then you've signed a biggish contract with the absolute worst team and your employment satisfaction is in the tank until you retire. Not that attractive a proposition to high achievers.

Broken record time: You want high quality talent to join this squad? Then hope TLaw performs and the coaching ranks are stable. Because if TLaw doesn't show superstar promise and if coaching changes again then the only people who will be willing to come to Jacksonville are the unmanageable troublemakers and the unfortunate draftees.

(10-10-2021, 04:58 PM)irontrooper83 Wrote:
(10-10-2021, 04:52 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Especially when he starts throwing players under the bus like this bull [BLEEP]. "isn't quite comfortable" my [BLEEP]. And Hyde running hard? Dude had like 2 or 3 carries at that point in the game. Fire this jack [BLEEP] already.
https://twitter.com/MiaOBrienTV/status/1...2798211072

And First question to Trevor and says he feel comfortable with trying it in a game LOL
This right here is my biggest issue.

Urban is so quick to place blame elsewhere and not take accountability.

“Oh Trevor isn’t comfortable sneaking”

BS.

Meyer needs to go at the bye
You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response. 

(10-10-2021, 06:03 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Watch Herbert... jealous as heck. Their roster is solid and dude is growing into a machine. My fear is the circus is going to break Lawrence well or the oline.

The Bolts fired the coach he had as a rookie last year, so it's not like that hurt him any.

(10-10-2021, 06:39 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-10-2021, 04:58 PM)irontrooper83 Wrote: And First question to Trevor and says he feel comfortable with trying it in a game LOL
This right here is my biggest issue.

Urban is so quick to place blame elsewhere and not take accountability.

“Oh Trevor isn’t comfortable sneaking”

BS.

Well, the players tried to drag him out on the football field.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We have signed a new quarterback called Owen Fyve ??

This team doesn’t have the talent to rally around any coach even if their livelihoods depended on it

If we fire the coach, the GM needs to go too and start fresh again

(10-10-2021, 06:10 PM)OzJohnnie Wrote: I could care less if UM personally succeeds or fails.  I'm here for a player (not TLaw, surprisingly).  But if UM leaves then that guarantees this teams sucks for at least two more seasons after this one.  There is no talent.  The players are not good enough, particularly on D and in the WR/TE corp.  It's tragically obvious.  This team is on a three year (at least) turnaround and it will all happen (or not) off the magic in TLaw's arm.

Think back to the trade/draft period consensus on this board.  Everyone was certain that UM was insane for saying the OLine was the only part of the team that was solid.  Here we are five games in and... the OLine is the only part of this team that is acceptable (at a smidge better than league average performance).  There are individuals scattered around who could get a spot in another side, but as a unit the OLine is the only thing going.  Despite this board knowing better it turns out that UM was not smoking crack when he put almost all of his FA investment into the defense.

He did, by the way, try to attract TE talent and not one quality TE was willing to join the team in FA.  Not one.  Why?  Because it is a high chance of career suicide.  If TLaw is a bust then you've signed a biggish contract with the absolute worst team and your employment satisfaction is in the tank until you retire.  Not that attractive a proposition to high achievers.

Broken record time:  You want high quality talent to join this squad?  Then hope TLaw performs and the coaching ranks are stable.  Because if TLaw doesn't show superstar promise and if coaching changes again then the only people who will be willing to come to Jacksonville are the unmanageable troublemakers and the unfortunate draftees.
Finally someone who has common sense.

(10-10-2021, 07:20 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If we fire the coach, the GM needs to go too and start fresh again

Yeah, but in the offseason unless you have a guy internally who can take over or an external candidate that you want to be permanent. I don't really know of either right now.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-10-2021, 07:24 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-10-2021, 07:20 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If we fire the coach, the GM needs to go too and start fresh again

Yeah, but in the offseason unless you have a guy internally who can take over or an external candidate that you want to be permanent. I don't really know of either right now.
I mean after the season

(10-10-2021, 05:50 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Imagine having an entire off season to figure this out yet it still takes you until week 5 to get it. 

I seriously don't think this guy has did anything since being hired in January. I have no doubts that he thought he could just show up on game day and they'd win like he did in college because of the talent advantage he had there. News flash Urbs, there's no Indianas or Purdues on a NFL schedule.

Didn't the Jags go out and overpay Schobert last off-season so they could move Jack outside and take the green dot off him? Just for Urban and Baalke to come in and off-load Scho put the green dot back on Jack? Or was Jack wearing the green dot last season too? (I've been trying to suppress memories of these last two seasons...)
"The season's not over... we still have a bunch of games to lose..." - TemporaryName

"The middle of the field is like Narnia to us, we don't believe it really exists" - Marvsin

If TLaw were comfortable with the sneak then he should have audibled a sneak to the left instead of going with the called run to the right into the stacked Titan defense.

DId he actually say that he heard Qb sneeck and bootleg over the headphone for the 4 and 1 at gaol line and decided hyde dive was better. fire this bum

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2021, 07:46 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

Etienne is a great back, the problem wasn't that we took a RB in the 1st. The problem with the pick was it means you're taking your best player off the field unless he just planned on playing them both. Meyer is an idiot

(10-10-2021, 07:27 PM)LMD Wrote:
(10-10-2021, 05:50 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Imagine having an entire off season to figure this out yet it still takes you until week 5 to get it. 

Didn't the Jags go out and overpay Schobert last off-season so they could move Jack outside and take the green dot off him? Just for Urban and Baalke to come in and off-load Scho put the green dot back on Jack? Or was Jack wearing the green dot last season too? (I've been trying to suppress memories of these last two seasons...)

Yup, Schobert had the dot last season.

(10-10-2021, 07:27 PM)LMD Wrote:

They just did the research this past week and found out he's not best at calling the plays and getting people in position lol

(10-10-2021, 07:41 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(10-10-2021, 07:27 PM)LMD Wrote: Didn't the Jags go out and overpay Schobert last off-season so they could move Jack outside and take the green dot off him? Just for Urban and Baalke to come in and off-load Scho put the green dot back on Jack? Or was Jack wearing the green dot last season too? (I've been trying to suppress memories of these last two seasons...)

Yup, Schobert had the dot last season.

Sick 

Just typical of this franchise at this point. I'm out of words.
"The season's not over... we still have a bunch of games to lose..." - TemporaryName

"The middle of the field is like Narnia to us, we don't believe it really exists" - Marvsin