Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The team will never “rally” around Urban

(10-10-2021, 07:49 PM)LMD Wrote:
(10-10-2021, 07:41 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Yup, Schobert had the dot last season.

Sick 

Just typical of this franchise at this point. I'm out of words.

This team has to change.  Returning to Schobert is a desperate act.  We already knows what he delivers as the play caller.  I don't fault changing to Jack or Jack failing.  this team must try new setups to improve.  We need a FA leader on defense.  Maybe one will be willing to join this year.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-10-2021, 07:54 PM)OzJohnnie Wrote:
(10-10-2021, 07:49 PM)LMD Wrote: Sick 

Just typical of this franchise at this point. I'm out of words.

This team has to change.  Returning to Schobert is a desperate act.  We already knows what he delivers as the play caller.  I don't fault changing to Jack or Jack failing.  this team must try new setups to improve.  We need a FA leader on defense.  Maybe one will be willing to join this year.

Don't misconstrue my point: I'm not advocating for Schobert. I'm saying it's absurd that the organization watched Jack struggle with the green dot inside so much that they went out and overpaid Schobert specifically to make sure Jack didn't need to be inside and wear the green dot.

And as soon as Urban and Baalke got here, they reverted right back to putting the dot on Jack. Wallbash
"The season's not over... we still have a bunch of games to lose..." - TemporaryName

"The middle of the field is like Narnia to us, we don't believe it really exists" - Marvsin

(10-10-2021, 06:10 PM)OzJohnnie Wrote: I could care less if UM personally succeeds or fails.  I'm here for a player (not TLaw, surprisingly).  But if UM leaves then that guarantees this teams sucks for at least two more seasons after this one.  There is no talent.  The players are not good enough, particularly on D and in the WR/TE corp.  It's tragically obvious.  This team is on a three year (at least) turnaround and it will all happen (or not) off the magic in TLaw's arm.

Think back to the trade/draft period consensus on this board.  Everyone was certain that UM was insane for saying the OLine was the only part of the team that was solid.  Here we are five games in and... the OLine is the only part of this team that is acceptable (at a smidge better than league average performance).  There are individuals scattered around who could get a spot in another side, but as a unit the OLine is the only thing going.  Despite this board knowing better it turns out that UM was not smoking crack when he put almost all of his FA investment into the defense.

He did, by the way, try to attract TE talent and not one quality TE was willing to join the team in FA.  Not one.  Why?  Because it is a high chance of career suicide.  If TLaw is a bust then you've signed a biggish contract with the absolute worst team and your employment satisfaction is in the tank until you retire.  Not that attractive a proposition to high achievers.

Broken record time:  You want high quality talent to join this squad?  Then hope TLaw performs and the coaching ranks are stable.  Because if TLaw doesn't show superstar promise and if coaching changes again then the only people who will be willing to come to Jacksonville are the unmanageable troublemakers and the unfortunate draftees.

Good post. These are all very valid points. Coming into this season I predicted 4-5 wins, and that was being optimistic. Now it's in question if we win any, but I think we will. The point being there is absolutely no characteristic of this team, before the season and now, which says we'll be successful any time soon. Yes, we have a stud RB (who is stupidly kept on the sidelines on critical plays), an unpredictably decent Oline, and a star rookie QB who is just that - a rookie who is not only struggling to learn his own game but is dealing with a not-so-talented WR squad and no reliably good TEs. Couple that with a coach who has no NFL experience and the formula is predictable and prolonged disappointment this season. 

Patience is all I can preach. It's tough. Especially for the fanbase of a team who expected greater things and it seems worse now than ever. Good things are coming, I firmly believe it. No one has been more judgmental of this bad team than me, but I believe there is light at the end of the tunnel. Or was that the 1:05 from Nashville?  Big Grin

(10-10-2021, 07:35 PM)OzJohnnie Wrote: If TLaw were comfortable with the sneak then he should have audibled a sneak to the left instead of going with the called run to the right into the stacked Titan defense.

He isn't permitted to audible because our coaches are so smart that he just can't keep up.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-10-2021, 05:19 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(10-10-2021, 04:52 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Especially when he starts throwing players under the bus like this bull [BLEEP]. "isn't quite comfortable" my [BLEEP]. And Hyde running hard? Dude had like 2 or 3 carries at that point in the game. Fire this jack [BLEEP] already.
https://twitter.com/MiaOBrienTV/status/1...2798211072

Having your best players on the field in key situations is 'micro managing' and something we dont want to do?

What the hell is he doing for his $12m?

Ripping Shad off

(10-10-2021, 08:06 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-10-2021, 07:35 PM)OzJohnnie Wrote: If TLaw were comfortable with the sneak then he should have audibled a sneak to the left instead of going with the called run to the right into the stacked Titan defense.

He isn't permitted to audible because our coaches are so smart that he just can't keep up.

Or... because being a rookie he lacks the judgement/experience to make those calls at the line in the heat of the moment.  Any idiot (like me) can watch the film afterwards and see a better call - especially for a goal line stand where there are limited variables.  There's a handful of QB's who can do the same in the pressure cooker of a live game.  Mid-field against experienced defensive units?  He doesn't have the skills (yet, knock on wood).

Or... because in practice when he audibles he's picking poorly.  Perhaps they can't afford those mistakes during a game.

Or... perhaps the team doesn't respond well to audibles.  He picks them, they drop them.

There are a lot of legit reasons that a rookie QB is not given license to change the play at the LOS.  When he starts recognising that a D has the play beat and calls a time out then maybe he'll be ready to call new plays.

(10-10-2021, 02:47 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: They can say the right things in press conferences, but this team is not rallying. 

The sooner he’s gone the better. But that’s a massive indictment of khan. He refuses to acknowledge mistakes.

A turd by any other name is still a turd.

(10-10-2021, 08:23 PM)OzJohnnie Wrote:
(10-10-2021, 08:06 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: He isn't permitted to audible because our coaches are so smart that he just can't keep up.

Or... because being a rookie he lacks the judgement/experience to make those calls at the line in the heat of the moment.  Any idiot (like me) can watch the film afterwards and see a better call - especially for a goal line stand where there are limited variables.  There's a handful of QB's who can do the same in the pressure cooker of a live game.  Mid-field against experienced defensive units?  He doesn't have the skills (yet, knock on wood).

Or... because in practice when he audibles he's picking poorly.  Perhaps they can't afford those mistakes during a game.

Or... perhaps the team doesn't respond well to audibles.  He picks them, they drop them.

There are a lot of legit reasons that a rookie QB is not given license to change the play at the LOS.  When he starts recognising that a D has the play beat and calls a time out then maybe he'll be ready to call new plays.

Lol, ok.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-10-2021, 09:38 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2021/10/10...conference

Our 22 year old QB, who isn't allowed to audible and can't manage to run a QB sneak, is clearly more professional than the other guy in that article.

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2021, 09:58 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(10-10-2021, 07:20 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If we fire the coach, the GM needs to go too and start fresh again

Amen!

This franchise is so poorly run, it's embarrassing.

(10-10-2021, 09:48 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-10-2021, 09:38 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2021/10/10...conference

Our 22 year old QB, who isn't allowed to audible and can't manage to run a QB sneak, is clearly more professional than the other guy in that article.

It truly was something watching Urbs press conference after this game (if you haven't yet, I recommend you do for the lols). He looks totally checked out. He looks like he hates his life and regrets everything hes did over the last 9 months. He obviously doesn't do much of anything on this team besides being a rah rah guy on the sidelines, but nobody wants to hear it anymore.

Nearly every response of his today was "I gotta go back and watch it" or, "I gotta go talk to x, y or z about it". Him and Lawrence are on two completely different wave links. It's a complete mess.

I want a win as bad as the next guy, but there's a part of me that wants us to keep losing so Urban's ego can continue to get hurt so bad to the point he finally calls it quits and jumps ship before seasons end. You know the only reason he hasn't yet is because he wants to try and steal as much of Khan's $$$ as he can. It's very clear he is over the NFL and does not want to be doing this anymore, but he gets to keep a lot more $$ if he's fired, rather than if he quits.

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2021, 10:31 PM by nejagsfan.)

You mean like last week when it was 4th and 1 on the goal line.... and he quarterback sneaked it from shotgun.... and everybody gave Meyer a hard time... they were like should have given it to Robinson... what a stupid play call... You remember that.... yeah that call was designed to go to Robinson... TL changed the play at the line of scrimmage and decided to keep the ball for a quarterback sneak and didn't get it.... but everybody was calling for Myers head and it turned out that's not the play he called... and I laugh today when all the fans are like what You can't do a quarterback sneak...it's not in the play book.. properly never practiced it... lmao they literally call the quarterbacks sneak a drive or too earlier where Trevor scored a touchdown..

(10-10-2021, 10:29 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:

You mean like last week when it was 4th and 1 on the goal line.... and he quarterback sneaked it from shotgun.... and everybody gave Meyer a hard time... they were like should have given it to Robinson... what a stupid play call... You remember that.... yeah that call was designed to go to Robinson... TL changed the play at the line of scrimmage and decided to keep the ball for a quarterback sneak and didn't get it.... but everybody was calling for Myers head and it turned out that's not the play he called... and I laughed today when all the fans were like "what You can't do a quarterback sneak" ...it's not in the play book.. probably never practiced it... lmao they literally called the quarterbacks sneak a drive or too earlier where Trevor scored a touchdown..

(10-10-2021, 10:11 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(10-10-2021, 09:48 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Our 22 year old QB, who isn't allowed to audible and can't manage to run a QB sneak, is clearly more professional than the other guy in that article.

It truly was something watching Urbs press conference after this game (if you haven't yet, I recommend you do for the lols). He looks totally checked out. He looks like he hates his life and regrets everything hes did over the last 9 months. He obviously doesn't do much of anything on this team besides being a rah rah guy on the sidelines, but nobody wants to hear it anymore.

Nearly every response of his today was "I gotta go back and watch it" or, "I gotta go talk to x, y or z about it". Him and Lawrence are on two completely different wave links. It's a complete mess.

I want a win as bad as the next guy, but there's a part of me that wants us to keep losing so Urban's ego can continue to get hurt so bad to the point he finally calls it quits and jumps ship before seasons end. You know the only reason he hasn't yet is because he wants to try and steal as much of Khan's $$$ as he can. It's very clear he is over the NFL and does not want to be doing this anymore, but he gets to keep a lot more $$ if he's fired, rather than if he quits.

seriously lmao...so tell me you were an urban hater without saying you're an urban hater.... such clowns on this message board it's comical... somebody get me some popcorn

You mean like last week when it was 4th and 1 on the goal line.... and he quarterback sneaked it from shotgun.... and everybody gave Meyer a hard time... they were like should have given it to Robinson... what a stupid play call... You remember that.... yeah that call was designed to go to Robinson... TL changed the play at the line of scrimmage and decided to keep the ball for a quarterback sneak and didn't get it.... but everybody was calling for Myers head and it turned out that's not the play he called... and I laugh today when all the fans are like what You can't do a quarterback sneak...it's not in the play book.. properly never practiced it... lmao they literally call the quarterbacks sneak a drive or too earlier where Trevor scored a touchdown..

(10-10-2021, 10:29 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: You mean like last week when it was 4th and 1 on the goal line.... and he quarterback sneaked it from shotgun.... and everybody gave Meyer a hard time... they were like should have given it to Robinson... what a stupid play call... You remember that.... yeah that call was designed to go to Robinson... TL changed the play at the line of scrimmage and decided to keep the ball for a quarterback sneak and didn't get it.... but everybody was calling for Myers head and it turned out that's not the play he called... and I laughed today when all the fans were like "what You can't do a quarterback sneak" ...it's not in the play book.. probably never practiced it... lmao they literally called the quarterbacks sneak a drive or too earlier where Trevor scored a touchdown..

That was an option turned QB draw, not a sneak. There is a large difference and you know it. We have yet to run an actual QB sneak

(10-10-2021, 10:29 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: You mean like last week when it was 4th and 1 on the goal line.... and he quarterback sneaked it from shotgun.... and everybody gave Meyer a hard time... they were like should have given it to Robinson... what a stupid play call... You remember that.... yeah that call was designed to go to Robinson... TL changed the play at the line of scrimmage and decided to keep the ball for a quarterback sneak and didn't get it.... but everybody was calling for Myers head and it turned out that's not the play he called... and I laughed today when all the fans were like "what You can't do a quarterback sneak" ...it's not in the play book.. probably never practiced it... lmao they literally called the quarterbacks sneak a drive or too earlier where Trevor scored a touchdown..

Have you been drinking? You're really not making sense.

Heh.  You and I are running on the same wave length.

Hearing the players real thoughts on Urban once he is no longer with the team is going to be wild.

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2021, 10:54 PM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

Its the players. Its the fans . We are stuck in a losing mentality. There are things that happen to this team that only happens to continual losers. The refs go against the jags more than they should. It's the bias you have as a ref against a losing team. The fumble to start the game which probably wasn't a fumble. The touchdown run getting called back by lawrence. These things happen to the jags twice a game or more. Sucks!

(10-10-2021, 10:50 PM)OzJohnnie Wrote:
(10-10-2021, 10:29 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: You mean like last week when it was 4th and 1 on the goal line.... and he quarterback sneaked it from shotgun.... and everybody gave Meyer a hard time... they were like should have given it to Robinson... what a stupid play call... You remember that.... yeah that call was designed to go to Robinson... TL changed the play at the line of scrimmage and decided to keep the ball for a quarterback sneak and didn't get it.... but everybody was calling for Myers head and it turned out that's not the play he called... and I laugh today when all the fans are like what You can't do a quarterback sneak...it's not in the play book.. properly never practiced it... lmao they literally call the quarterbacks sneak a drive or too earlier where Trevor scored a touchdown..

Heh.  You and I are running on the same wave length.

Two drunks? Great.