Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The team will never “rally” around Urban

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2021, 11:04 PM by Eric1.)

(10-10-2021, 10:35 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(10-10-2021, 10:11 PM)Eric1 Wrote: It truly was something watching Urbs press conference after this game (if you haven't yet, I recommend you do for the lols). He looks totally checked out. He looks like he hates his life and regrets everything hes did over the last 9 months. He obviously doesn't do much of anything on this team besides being a rah rah guy on the sidelines, but nobody wants to hear it anymore.

Nearly every response of his today was "I gotta go back and watch it" or, "I gotta go talk to x, y or z about it". Him and Lawrence are on two completely different wave links. It's a complete mess.

I want a win as bad as the next guy, but there's a part of me that wants us to keep losing so Urban's ego can continue to get hurt so bad to the point he finally calls it quits and jumps ship before seasons end. You know the only reason he hasn't yet is because he wants to try and steal as much of Khan's $$$ as he can. It's very clear he is over the NFL and does not want to be doing this anymore, but he gets to keep a lot more $$ if he's fired, rather than if he quits.

seriously lmao...so tell me you were an urban hater without saying you're an urban hater.... such clowns on this message board it's comical... somebody get me some popcorn

Tell me you're lost without saying you're lost... Such a clown I'm responding to... I don't hate Urban, nor do I like Urban. I'm neutral on him. I'm strictly a Jags Fan and wants what's best for this team.

(10-10-2021, 10:52 PM)Upper Wrote: Hearing the players real thoughts on Urban once he is no longer with the team is going to be wild.

The ESPN 30 for 30 about this year is going to be great.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Nothing fills time during a lightning delay better than some discussion of Meyer during SNF...
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(10-10-2021, 11:08 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Nothing fills time during a lightning delay better than some discussion of Meyer during SNF...

It's comedy at this point  Laughing

(10-10-2021, 11:12 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(10-10-2021, 11:08 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Nothing fills time during a lightning delay better than some discussion of Meyer during SNF...

Yep. Urban 'Fire and Desire' Meyer. And not the F&D from 'Remember the Titans'
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(10-10-2021, 11:12 PM)Eric1 Wrote:

The real comedy is how Urban gets liquored up and shows up here as that NEJags alt. I hope the documentarian captures his desperation.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2021, 12:42 AM by TheDuke007. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-10-2021, 06:10 PM)OzJohnnie Wrote: I could care less if UM personally succeeds or fails.  I'm here for a player (not TLaw, surprisingly).  But if UM leaves then that guarantees this teams sucks for at least two more seasons after this one.  There is no talent.  The players are not good enough, particularly on D and in the WR/TE corp.  It's tragically obvious.  This team is on a three year (at least) turnaround and it will all happen (or not) off the magic in TLaw's arm.

Think back to the trade/draft period consensus on this board.  Everyone was certain that UM was insane for saying the OLine was the only part of the team that was solid.  Here we are five games in and... the OLine is the only part of this team that is acceptable (at a smidge better than league average performance).  There are individuals scattered around who could get a spot in another side, but as a unit the OLine is the only thing going.  Despite this board knowing better it turns out that UM was not smoking crack when he put almost all of his FA investment into the defense.

He did, by the way, try to attract TE talent and not one quality TE was willing to join the team in FA.  Not one.  Why?  Because it is a high chance of career suicide.  If TLaw is a bust then you've signed a biggish contract with the absolute worst team and your employment satisfaction is in the tank until you retire.  Not that attractive a proposition to high achievers.

Broken record time:  You want high quality talent to join this squad?  Then hope TLaw performs and the coaching ranks are stable.  Because if TLaw doesn't show superstar promise and if coaching changes again then the only people who will be willing to come to Jacksonville are the unmanageable troublemakers and the unfortunate draftees.

First, I know the Meyer apologists want to pretend that his failures in free agency were due to players not wanting to come to Jacksonville.  That's simply false.  Meyer himself has said that he had no problems with free agents wanting to come to Jacksonville.  If they didn't get a player that they wanted, it was because they were outbid.  Keep in mind that we had the most money available under the cap.  If wanted to outbid anyone, we could have.

Second, Meyer leaving in no way guarantees that this team sucks for two more seasons.  NFL stands for "not for long".  Teams can make a quick turn-around if they make the right moves.  What will guarantee us sucking for two more seasons is if we have an off-season as disastrous as the last one.  I didn't like what they did in free agency.  Outside of Lawrence (who was a no brainer), I didn't like much of what they did in the draft.  I didn't like them ignoring the benefit of having first pick on the waiver wire.  I didn't like most of their trades.  Yes, I'm an armchair gm, but it's Meyer's task to prove me wrong.  Has he?  We're 0-5 with four of those losses being by double digits.  

Three years rebuild in this case is way too long.  Teams with long rebuilds are due to one of the following:

1.  They are in salary cap trouble.  
2.  They have traded away future draft picks.
3.  They can't find a franchise quarterback.
4.  They make bad moves.

As for #1, that doesn't apply the Jaguars.  Last season, not only were we not in salary cap trouble, but we had the most available.  We're still in good shape for next year as well.  As for #2, again, simply doesn't apply here.  Not only have they not traded away picks, but they had extra picks last year and have some next year as well.  As for #3, I do believe Lawrence will be a franchise quarterback.  That leaves #4.  If this team has a long rebuild, it's because they've made the wrong moves.  Meyer and Baalke need to go.

(10-10-2021, 10:29 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(10-10-2021, 07:35 PM)OzJohnnie Wrote: If TLaw were comfortable with the sneak then he should have audibled a sneak to the left instead of going with the called run to the right into the stacked Titan defense.

You mean like last week when it was 4th and 1 on the goal line.... and he quarterback sneaked it from shotgun.... and everybody gave Meyer a hard time... they were like should have given it to Robinson... what a stupid play call... You remember that.... yeah that call was designed to go to Robinson... TL changed the play at the line of scrimmage and decided to keep the ball for a quarterback sneak and didn't get it.... but everybody was calling for Myers head and it turned out that's not the play he called... and I laugh today when all the fans are like what You can't do a quarterback sneak...it's not in the play book.. properly never practiced it... lmao they literally call the quarterbacks sneak a drive or too earlier where Trevor scored a touchdown..

(10-10-2021, 10:29 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: You mean like last week when it was 4th and 1 on the goal line.... and he quarterback sneaked it from shotgun.... and everybody gave Meyer a hard time... they were like should have given it to Robinson... what a stupid play call... You remember that.... yeah that call was designed to go to Robinson... TL changed the play at the line of scrimmage and decided to keep the ball for a quarterback sneak and didn't get it.... but everybody was calling for Myers head and it turned out that's not the play he called... and I laughed today when all the fans were like "what You can't do a quarterback sneak" ...it's not in the play book.. probably never practiced it... lmao they literally called the quarterbacks sneak a drive or too earlier where Trevor scored a touchdown..

Your lack of football knowledge is on full display. That was not a QB sneak. You might wanna actually find out what a QB sneak is, before you comment on one.

(10-10-2021, 10:11 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(10-10-2021, 09:48 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Our 22 year old QB, who isn't allowed to audible and can't manage to run a QB sneak, is clearly more professional than the other guy in that article.

It truly was something watching Urbs press conference after this game (if you haven't yet, I recommend you do for the lols). He looks totally checked out. He looks like he hates his life and regrets everything hes did over the last 9 months. He obviously doesn't do much of anything on this team besides being a rah rah guy on the sidelines, but nobody wants to hear it anymore.

Nearly every response of his today was "I gotta go back and watch it" or, "I gotta go talk to x, y or z about it". Him and Lawrence are on two completely different wave links. It's a complete mess.

I want a win as bad as the next guy, but there's a part of me that wants us to keep losing so Urban's ego can continue to get hurt so bad to the point he finally calls it quits and jumps ship before seasons end. You know the only reason he hasn't yet is because he wants to try and steal as much of Khan's $$$ as he can. It's very clear he is over the NFL and does not want to be doing this anymore, but he gets to keep a lot more $$ if he's fired, rather than if he quits.

I actually feel it's a little opposite of that. I think the writing is on the wall for Meyer, but Khan doesn't want the embarrassment of firing him 5 weeks in after declaring "this time I got it right" before the season started. 

The Secret Base video will be great.

First, I hope we win next week.

If we lose, I hope we just move on from Meyer during the bye week.

(10-10-2021, 10:53 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Its the players. Its the fans . We are stuck in a losing mentality. There are things that happen to this team that only happens to continual losers. The refs go against the jags more than they should. It's the bias you have as a ref against a losing team. The fumble to start the game which probably wasn't a fumble. The touchdown run getting called back by lawrence. These things happen to the jags twice a game or more. Sucks!
They used to say the same things about the Chargers (even last season with Herbert) until they got Brandon Staley to be the HC. Get the right coach and the culture changes.

(10-10-2021, 05:07 PM)Firesky Wrote: Why reveal that Trevor (given the shoulder surgery a few months back like I get not wanting to sneak) isn't comfortable running the sneak or qb draw? Another thing that opponents now know we will not utilize down near the goalline.......... moronic. absolutely MORONIC.

or the perfect strategy to use it to beat the Phins!!!1!

(10-10-2021, 11:00 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(10-10-2021, 10:52 PM)Upper Wrote: Hearing the players real thoughts on Urban once he is no longer with the team is going to be wild.

The ESPN 30 for 30 about this year is going to be great.

if they call it 0 for 30 so help me...

(10-11-2021, 09:42 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(10-10-2021, 11:00 PM)Eric1 Wrote: The ESPN 30 for 30 about this year is going to be great.

if they call it 0 for 30 so help me...

If that's the case then the Urban Error is just a segment rather than the feature.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-11-2021, 12:41 AM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(10-10-2021, 06:10 PM)OzJohnnie Wrote: I could care less if UM personally succeeds or fails.  I'm here for a player (not TLaw, surprisingly).  But if UM leaves then that guarantees this teams sucks for at least two more seasons after this one.  There is no talent.  The players are not good enough, particularly on D and in the WR/TE corp.  It's tragically obvious.  This team is on a three year (at least) turnaround and it will all happen (or not) off the magic in TLaw's arm.

Think back to the trade/draft period consensus on this board.  Everyone was certain that UM was insane for saying the OLine was the only part of the team that was solid.  Here we are five games in and... the OLine is the only part of this team that is acceptable (at a smidge better than league average performance).  There are individuals scattered around who could get a spot in another side, but as a unit the OLine is the only thing going.  Despite this board knowing better it turns out that UM was not smoking crack when he put almost all of his FA investment into the defense.

He did, by the way, try to attract TE talent and not one quality TE was willing to join the team in FA.  Not one.  Why?  Because it is a high chance of career suicide.  If TLaw is a bust then you've signed a biggish contract with the absolute worst team and your employment satisfaction is in the tank until you retire.  Not that attractive a proposition to high achievers.

Broken record time:  You want high quality talent to join this squad?  Then hope TLaw performs and the coaching ranks are stable.  Because if TLaw doesn't show superstar promise and if coaching changes again then the only people who will be willing to come to Jacksonville are the unmanageable troublemakers and the unfortunate draftees.

First, I know the Meyer apologists want to pretend that his failures in free agency were due to players not wanting to come to Jacksonville.  That's simply false.  Meyer himself has said that he had no problems with free agents wanting to come to Jacksonville.  If they didn't get a player that they wanted, it was because they were outbid.  Keep in mind that we had the most money available under the cap.  If wanted to outbid anyone, we could have.

Second, Meyer leaving in no way guarantees that this team sucks for two more seasons.  NFL stands for "not for long".  Teams can make a quick turn-around if they make the right moves.  What will guarantee us sucking for two more seasons is if we have an off-season as disastrous as the last one.  I didn't like what they did in free agency.  Outside of Lawrence (who was a no brainer), I didn't like much of what they did in the draft.  I didn't like them ignoring the benefit of having first pick on the waiver wire.  I didn't like most of their trades.  Yes, I'm an armchair gm, but it's Meyer's task to prove me wrong.  Has he?  We're 0-5 with four of those losses being by double digits.  

Three years rebuild in this case is way too long.  Teams with long rebuilds are due to one of the following:

1.  They are in salary cap trouble.  
2.  They have traded away future draft picks.
3.  They can't find a franchise quarterback.
4.  They make bad moves.

As for #1, that doesn't apply the Jaguars.  Last season, not only were we not in salary cap trouble, but we had the most available.  We're still in good shape for next year as well.  As for #2, again, simply doesn't apply here.  Not only have they not traded away picks, but they had extra picks last year and have some next year as well.  As for #3, I do believe Lawrence will be a franchise quarterback.  That leaves #4.  If this team has a long rebuild, it's because they've made the wrong moves.  Meyer and Baalke need to go.

Perfectly summarized.