Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bills vs Chiefs

What a game so far between Josh Allen and Pat Mahomes. Extremely entertaining to watch.

I can only hope we get to this level of play on the field sooner rather than later. TLaw has my hopes up but I really hope we get more weapons around him AND get to elite level coaching/playcalling whether it be from our current staff or potentially a new bunch.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-10-2021, 09:25 PM)enigma Wrote: What a game so far between Josh Allen and Pat Mahomes. Extremely entertaining to watch.

I can only hope we get to this level of play on the field sooner rather than later. TLaw has my hopes up but I really hope we get more weapons around him AND get to elite level coaching/playcalling whether it be from our current staff or potentially a new bunch.
This is as much about Mahomes vs Allen as it is Reid vs Dabol.

These offenses are just so well run and the play calling it great.

(10-10-2021, 09:35 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-10-2021, 09:25 PM)enigma Wrote: What a game so far between Josh Allen and Pat Mahomes. Extremely entertaining to watch.

This is as much about Mahomes vs Allen as it is Reid vs Dabol.

These offenses are just so well run and the play calling it great.

Exactly.

Both teams are playing like they are well-oiled machines.

And the Bills just scored again for another major chunk play... I'm going to be honest, I didn't see Allen come into stardom like he has so fast. The guy is playing out of his mind.

Bills rolling with all the momentum

It's not just against us boys, Officiating is terrible league wide.

Herbert and Allen are the 2 best QBs under 44 right now

(10-11-2021, 06:25 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Herbert and Allen are the 2 best QBs under 44 right now
Dude what?! Mahomes has been to 2 Super Bowls and won one of them.

Good grief.

(10-11-2021, 08:30 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-11-2021, 06:25 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Herbert and Allen are the 2 best QBs under 44 right now
Dude what?! Mahomes has been to 2 Super Bowls and won one of them.

Good grief.

Ok, I don't care what he has done in the past.  I'm talking about right now.  Allen outplayed Mahomes last night and has this year and Herbert is playing out of his mind.  You should try watching them.  Just like you think Diggs isn't close to be the top corner because you're in love with Ramsey, when he is probably the front runner for defensive player of the year right now.

(10-11-2021, 08:59 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-11-2021, 08:30 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Dude what?! Mahomes has been to 2 Super Bowls and won one of them.

Good grief.

Ok, I don't care what he has done in the past.  I'm talking about right now.  Allen outplayed Mahomes last night and has this year and Herbert is playing out of his mind.  You should try watching them.  Just like you think Diggs isn't close to be the top corner because you're in love with Ramsey, when he is probably the front runner for defensive player of the year right now.
To the bold, I watch a lot of the games so not sure what this has to do with anything.

However, to your other "point", Mahomes has more yards, more TDs and a better rating than Allen at the moment. It's not his fault that his defense is playing terribly. I agree that Herbert and Allen are playing great but there just isn't a better player in the league than Mahomes. In his 3 seasons as a starter, he has made it to 2 Super Bowls and an offsides call from going to 3. He has better numbers than any QB in NFL history during their first 3 seasons as a starter and he just turned 26 last month. You always live in the moment so I'm not shocked you believe Allen and Herbert are better than Mahomes.

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2021, 09:29 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 2 times in total.)

(10-11-2021, 09:05 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-11-2021, 08:59 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ok, I don't care what he has done in the past.  I'm talking about right now.  Allen outplayed Mahomes last night and has this year and Herbert is playing out of his mind.  You should try watching them.  Just like you think Diggs isn't close to be the top corner because you're in love with Ramsey, when he is probably the front runner for defensive player of the year right now.
To the bold, I watch a lot of the games so not sure what this has to do with anything.

However, to your other "point", Mahomes has more yards, more TDs and a better rating than Allen at the moment. It's not his fault that his defense is playing terribly. I agree that Herbert and Allen are playing great but there just isn't a better player in the league than Mahomes. In his 3 seasons as a starter, he has made it to 2 Super Bowls and an offsides call from going to 3. He has better numbers than any QB in NFL history during their first 3 seasons as a starter and he just turned 26 last month. You always live in the moment so I'm not shocked you believe Allen and Herbert are better than Mahomes.
Allen started slow but he has more TDs the last 3 games than Mahomes does and 4 less INTs. Mahomes also has better offinsive weapons around him than Allen does.  But Brady is still the best until he starts slowing down and he proves it every year and has for the last 20+.  The regular season is just warming up for the post season run and his 8th ring.

KC defense is worse than our defense right now with their best defender injured. Their offense can only do so much, amd they have a hard schedule. I think the creme will rise to the top in that division at the end of the day.

(10-11-2021, 09:23 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: KC defense is worse than our defense right now with their best defender injured. Their offense can only do so much, amd they have a hard schedule. I think the creme will rise to the top in that division at the end of the day.

Look what Herbert did yesterday when the Browns kept scoring

(10-11-2021, 09:34 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-11-2021, 09:23 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: KC defense is worse than our defense right now with their best defender injured. Their offense can only do so much, amd they have a hard schedule. I think the creme will rise to the top in that division at the end of the day.

Look what Herbert did yesterday when the Browns kept scoring

I'm not apologizing for them. Just stating what I see. Allen had an eternity in the pocket all night and made some insane throws because of that. I think having Chris Jones back will get them back to themselves  he is essentially to that D what we thought Josh Allen would be to ours.

(10-11-2021, 09:40 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(10-11-2021, 09:34 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Look what Herbert did yesterday when the Browns kept scoring

I'm not apologizing for them. Just stating what I see. Allen had an eternity in the pocket all night and made some insane throws because of that. I think having Chris Jones back will get them back to themselves  he is essentially to that D what we thought Josh Allen would be to ours.

It's really all moot anyway as long as Brady is still playing.  Hes been the best for the past 20 years and still is.  Also the GOAT

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2021, 09:53 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

I remember when the national talking heads were sure that Allen was the worst top QB in that draft class and that Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold was going to surpass them all. Guess the Bills knew what they were doing after all.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Really want the Jags to get Brian Daboll as the head coach when/if we move on from Urban.

Poach Mike Kafka from the Chiefs and reunite him with Daboll as the OC. If Miami fires Flores then we can also reunite him with Daboll as the DC.

(10-11-2021, 09:55 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote: Really want the Jags to get Brian Daboll as the head coach when/if we move on from Urban.

Poach Mike Kafka from the Chiefs and reunite him with Daboll as the OC. If Miami fires Flores then we can also reunite him with Daboll as the DC.

Agreed, he's by far my top candidate.  Has 5 SBs under BB as an assistant, a NC under Saban as an assistant, been in the league a long time and we see what he can do with a great QB and has a great offense

(10-11-2021, 09:52 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: I remember when the national talking heads were sure that Allen was the worst top QB in that draft class and that Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold was going to surpass them all.  Guess the Bills knew what they were doing after all.

I think everyone projected him as the highest ceiling, but his floor was subterranean. He was definitely a risky pick where he went, but once in a while risks lead to a reward.

Guys like Darnold and Rosen you knew exactly what you were getting, and that was like what they were going to be for their career.

(10-11-2021, 05:22 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(10-11-2021, 09:52 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: I remember when the national talking heads were sure that Allen was the worst top QB in that draft class and that Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold was going to surpass them all.  Guess the Bills knew what they were doing after all.

I think everyone projected him as the highest ceiling, but his floor was subterranean. He was definitely a risky pick where he went, but once in a while risks lead to a reward.

Guys like Darnold and Rosen you knew exactly what you were getting, and that was like what they were going to be for their career.

They all had low floors, his floor was no lower than theirs and Jackson's lol.  People just thought he was gonna be horrible.  Most didn't think Rosen was gonna as bad he is and Darnold is pretty good with good coaching and some help.  I didn't like Darnold coming out but the last few years he's better than I thought

(10-11-2021, 09:05 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-11-2021, 08:59 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ok, I don't care what he has done in the past.  I'm talking about right now.  Allen outplayed Mahomes last night and has this year and Herbert is playing out of his mind.  You should try watching them.  Just like you think Diggs isn't close to be the top corner because you're in love with Ramsey, when he is probably the front runner for defensive player of the year right now.

You still think Mahomes is the best QB in the league right now?  Lol