Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bills vs Chiefs

(10-11-2021, 07:15 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-11-2021, 05:22 PM)Mikey Wrote: I think everyone projected him as the highest ceiling, but his floor was subterranean. He was definitely a risky pick where he went, but once in a while risks lead to a reward.

Guys like Darnold and Rosen you knew exactly what you were getting, and that was like what they were going to be for their career.

They all had low floors, his floor was no lower than theirs and Jackson's lol.  People just thought he was gonna be horrible.  Most didn't think Rosen was gonna as bad he is and Darnold is pretty good with good coaching and some help.  I didn't like Darnold coming out but the last few years he's better than I thought

Darnold stinks! He's always stunk.
Benched at halftime for some scrub I've never heard of.

I still believe in Mahomes, he's just in a slump.
But Allen, Herbert, Burrow are closing the gap quickly.

Personally Im wondering why the argument for beat QB in the league is Mahomes, Allen or Herb.

Aaron Rodgers and Brady are still playing right?
Young guns might be more physically gifted but I think the old guys have better and/or higher football IQ

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-25-2021, 01:06 PM)Kane Wrote:
(10-11-2021, 07:15 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: They all had low floors, his floor was no lower than theirs and Jackson's lol.  People just thought he was gonna be horrible.  Most didn't think Rosen was gonna as bad he is and Darnold is pretty good with good coaching and some help.  I didn't like Darnold coming out but the last few years he's better than I thought

Personally Im wondering why the argument for beat QB in the league is Mahomes, Allen or Herb.

Young guns might be more physically gifted but I think the old guys have better and/or higher football IQ

There shouldn't be an argument, Brady is still the best QB

(10-11-2021, 09:55 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote: Really want the Jags to get Brian Daboll as the head coach when/if we move on from Urban.

Poach Mike Kafka from the Chiefs and reunite him with Daboll as the OC. If Miami fires Flores then we can also reunite him with Daboll as the DC.

Don't torture yourself with thoughts like these. We'll hang on to Meyer until Daboll and Bienemy have both gotten HC gigs.

Maybe we have a shot at Kellen Moore or Leftwich if they don't go to HC gigs after this season.

Khan unfortunately will not move on from Urbz after one year.
Though if we finish 1-16 or something he should. It'll be a trust the process excuse for at least one more season.
Our best bet is to hope Urban quits as he often does when it gets tough. His recruiting eventually left the cupboard bare in Florida and the noise surrounding his coach in Ohio caused him to bail.
If we suck bad enough, he might try to dodge the heat again.

(10-25-2021, 01:50 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-25-2021, 01:06 PM)Kane Wrote: Darnold stinks! He's always stunk.

There shouldn't be an argument, Brady is still the best QB

Brady is playing better at 44 than he did at 28. It's unreal. Heck, his seasons from age 35 to 44 alone are enough for an HOF career, he's basically had the equivalent of two all time great careers in his time in the League. And he's not just some broken down shell hanging on either, he's still legitimately one of the best in the game. We've been really fortunate to watch some of the greatest ever to play the game these last 20 years and now this new generation looks poised to be every bit as good as they continue to loosen the rules to their advantage.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-25-2021, 01:06 PM)Kane Wrote:
(10-11-2021, 07:15 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: They all had low floors, his floor was no lower than theirs and Jackson's lol.  People just thought he was gonna be horrible.  Most didn't think Rosen was gonna as bad he is and Darnold is pretty good with good coaching and some help.  I didn't like Darnold coming out but the last few years he's better than I thought

I think it depends on whether you are looking at top QB today vs. top QB you want to build around.

For people that are of the mind "just get in the postseason and hope to get hot", you're probably leaning toward the younger guys in the list. For those that want to win today and worry about tomorrow later, Brady, Rodgers, Wilson are gonna be getting the call.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-11-2021, 10:03 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-11-2021, 09:55 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote: Really want the Jags to get Brian Daboll as the head coach when/if we move on from Urban.

Poach Mike Kafka from the Chiefs and reunite him with Daboll as the OC. If Miami fires Flores then we can also reunite him with Daboll as the DC.

Agreed, he's by far my top candidate.  Has 5 SBs under BB as an assistant, a NC under Saban as an assistant, been in the league a long time and we see what he can do with a great QB and has a great offense

Here