Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags first win

(10-11-2021, 04:03 PM)OzJohnnie Wrote:
(10-11-2021, 08:39 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: After Miami, they play:
the Wilson-less Seahawks in Seattle (most likely a loss just because of the west coast factor)
Bills (LOL)
@Indy (Meh. Not sure)
49ers (Shannahan probably dials something up)
Falcons (they're playing better)
Rams (LOL)

Not. Looking. Good.

Miami, the Texans again and the Jets still to go this year.  Those are reasonable chances and there's still Indy twice, the Titans again and the Pats for longer shots at victory.

Pessimism is never a winning mental health strategy.  Instead set better goals.  TLaw improvement is a good one to hang your hat on.  The guy is getting better every week and his fate is Jax's fate.  So watch him get better and think of pretty flowers.

Lol, just be a little better every day!  Rolleyes

Overarching #1 Most Important Goal: Fire Meyer.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We should win. But will we? Who knows. If we get to the 1 yard line every drive, we will definitely lose….
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(10-11-2021, 04:03 PM)OzJohnnie Wrote:
(10-11-2021, 08:39 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: After Miami, they play:
the Wilson-less Seahawks in Seattle (most likely a loss just because of the west coast factor)
Bills (LOL)
@Indy (Meh. Not sure)
49ers (Shannahan probably dials something up)
Falcons (they're playing better)
Rams (LOL)

Not. Looking. Good.

Miami, the Texans again and the Jets still to go this year.  Those are reasonable chances and there's still Indy twice, the Titans again and the Pats for longer shots at victory.

Pessimism is never a winning mental health strategy.  Instead set better goals.  TLaw improvement is a good one to hang your hat on.  The guy is getting better every week and his fate is Jax's fate.  So watch him get better and think of pretty flowers.
Getting better every week? Do you mean better at overthrowing passes like the one to Sheunalt?

At this point it doesn’t matter. Get ready for next season

Sometime during the last couple of weeks of the season, when a team that clinched home field in the playoffs is already resting their starters

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2021, 08:28 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(10-11-2021, 08:13 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: At this point it doesn’t matter. Get ready for next season

Most consecutive losses in NFL history?  Yes it matters, that's not a record you want

(10-11-2021, 08:28 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-11-2021, 08:13 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: At this point it doesn’t matter. Get ready for next season

Most consecutive losses in NFL history?  Yes it matters, that's not a record you want

meh.

When Tampa was winning another SB ring, do you think anybody gave one fart about that bygone streak?

(10-12-2021, 08:05 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(10-11-2021, 08:28 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Most consecutive losses in NFL history?  Yes it matters, that's not a record you want

meh.

When Tampa was winning another SB ring, do you think anybody gave one fart about that bygone streak?

Do you know how many years of anguish occurred between those two events? How many people who were instrumental in that team being created didn't live to see that crowning moment in 2002? It's easy to ignore decades of futility when you're a young man, it's much more frustrating when you feel your time on this planet is growing short. I feel for Wayne Weaver who really ought to have seen this team excel but has to hear all the time about how truly bottom feedingly awful this franchise became.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Big Grin 

(10-11-2021, 10:10 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(10-11-2021, 06:39 AM)seacoast Wrote: I'm saying, here and now, We will win in London count on it!

I noticed that you didn't place a specific year on your prediction.  I agree.  We will win in London at some point in time.

Dang, you got me!

I think the Jags win a no doubter in London. I expect them to have several calls go their way after last week. I really think the league wants to push a narrative like this:

1) London is more of a homefield advantage for them than Jacksonville "look they got their first win in forever there!"
2) They will talk about the losing streak even if we win, it'll just morph into "haven't won a road game since ____" "haven't won in Jacksonville since week 1 2020"
3) This Jags fanbase refuses to support the team in Jacksonville blah blah blahhh (no mention of the on field product or incompetence on an organizational level from the top down)
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Don't want to say "I told you so" but I told you the Jags would win.

After reading a few Miami threads, i feel better about the direction of our team.

https://finheaven.com/threads/post-game-...st-8743254
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

^^ wow.. interesting indeed.

Well, the streak is over. It wasn't very fun, but the way I look at it is that the streak is what got us Trevor, and before long, when he is tearing up the league, the 20-game streak of losses will be a distant memory. As far as I'm concerned, we have reached bottom and now we are moving up from there! We won't win a ton of games this year, but we are getting better each week and in 2-3 years this team can be something special.
[Image: pqk1i5F.jpg]

The winning kick from the stands.

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2021, 06:38 AM by The Real Marty.)

(10-17-2021, 11:51 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: After reading a few Miami threads, i feel better about the direction of our team.

https://finheaven.com/threads/post-game-...st-8743254

Remember when Flores was the golden child, and some people were saying, "Gee, I wish we had a coach like Brian Flores?"

(10-12-2021, 11:00 AM)Firesky Wrote: I think the Jags win a no doubter in London. I expect them to have several calls go their way after last week. I really think the league wants to push a narrative like this:

1) London is more of a homefield advantage for them than Jacksonville "look they got their first win in forever there!"
2) They will talk about the losing streak even if we win, it'll just morph into "haven't won a road game since ____" "haven't won in Jacksonville since week 1 2020"
3) This Jags fanbase refuses to support the team in Jacksonville blah blah blahhh (no mention of the on field product or incompetence on an organizational level from the top down)

My response to #3 would be, after 19 straight losses, to have our stadium about 2/3 full as it was against the Titans is pretty remarkable support.  And they weren't Titan fans, either.

(10-17-2021, 10:09 PM)seacoast Wrote: Don't want to say "I told you so" but I told you the Jags would win.

great call.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(10-18-2021, 06:25 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: The winning kick from the stands.

This was awesome! Thanks for posting.

Vic dumps on Jacksonville every chance he gets:

William from Lexington, KY
They have to move to London now, right?

Khan's not going to flee that investment Jacksonville made in the Lot J development. The Jaguars are going to remain in Jacksonville, but I think the Jaguars' presence in London will expand. l get the sense Jacksonville will have to share the Jaguars. What identity will the franchise assume? That's going to be the issue.

(10-18-2021, 07:43 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Vic dumps on Jacksonville every chance he gets:

William from Lexington, KY
They have to move to London now, right?

Khan's not going to flee that investment Jacksonville made in the Lot J development. The Jaguars are going to remain in Jacksonville, but I think the Jaguars' presence in London will expand. l get the sense Jacksonville will have to share the Jaguars. What identity will the franchise assume? That's going to be the issue.

The evolution of the NFL is getting to the point were a few small market teams will start offshoring games on a regular basis. The NFL suits are exploring cities in Germany right now for a regular series and eventually Mexico City will get a regular game as well. It's more about expanding the base for merchandising and corporate sponsorships than ticket sales.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.