Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars -42 points in the third quarter this year.

Lageman spits out some good hard facts here.  Also we are dead last in turnover differential as well. 

Seems to be bad coaching at the half and lack of adjustments.  Seems like the other team adjust and the Jags get whooped in the second half.  We are -7 in the 4th quarter but overall -49 in the second half of games this year.  -49 in 5 games!  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjmIcntCjdE
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

What is it that makes a coach adjust at half-time? How many coaches do we need to go through to get one that can adjust? Its like the coaches get a note from the comish at half-time that says "Don't change the gameplan, just sit back and relax so the other team can take the lead."

Bevell is a decent coordinator when he doesn't get too scared to run the ball while down on the scoreboard, but he's an absolute moron in the redzone (and he's too scared to run the ball down on the scoreboard)

Cullen doesn't know how to counter move when teams pick on weaknesses in his scheme or roster talent. He stays the course and watches it fail.
(Cincy/Burrow teeing off on Jags LBs in coverage is one good example. He made no attempt to go to dime or any coverage that may alleviate some coverage responsibility from his LBs)

Meyer stands on the sidelines lost in a haze of ineptitude and makes zero effort to influence change from either coordinator when the ship is sinking right in front of his eyes.

I don't expect any of this to improve under this staff. The only way they'll win consistently with this scheme and level of coaching ability will be to acquire boatloads of talent.

I feel like these are the same facts every year for us no matter the coach or coordinator
Here we go again

This all started when Gus Bradley was winning 17-0 against the Eagles. Came out the 2nd half and got smashed.

Ever since then, our coaches fail to make halftime adjustments.

(10-15-2021, 08:09 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: This all started when Gus Bradley was winning 17-0 against the Eagles. Came out the 2nd half and got smashed.

I don't think it's about, "adjustments," I think it's about teams realizing at half time it's time to go ahead and get serious and stop [BLEEP] around. So they get serious and the Jaguars essentially have almost no talent and mediocre coaching, so the team gets rolled in second halves.

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2021, 08:24 AM by RicoTx.)

(10-15-2021, 08:22 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(10-15-2021, 08:09 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: This all started when Gus Bradley was winning 17-0 against the Eagles. Came out the 2nd half and got smashed.

I don't think it's about, "adjustments," I think it's about teams realizing at half time it's time to go ahead and get serious and stop [BLEEP] around. So they get serious and the Jaguars essentially have almost no talent and mediocre coaching, so the team gets rolled in second halves.

Teams practice game plans all week.  There are only so many 'adjustments' that can be made...if any.  One of the national games this week (can't remember which on I was watching), one of the color men was chuckling about 'halftime adjustments'.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(10-15-2021, 08:24 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(10-15-2021, 08:22 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: I don't think it's about, "adjustments," I think it's about teams realizing at half time it's time to go ahead and get serious and stop [BLEEP] around. So they get serious and the Jaguars essentially have almost no talent and mediocre coaching, so the team gets rolled in second halves.

Teams practice game plans all week.  There are only so many 'adjustments' that can be made...if any.  One of the national games this week (can't remember which on I was watching), one of the color men was chuckling about 'halftime adjustments'.

Someone also mentioned Peyton Manning saying this on the Manning brothers MNF game commentary.

(10-15-2021, 08:27 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-15-2021, 08:24 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Teams practice game plans all week.  There are only so many 'adjustments' that can be made...if any.  One of the national games this week (can't remember which on I was watching), one of the color men was chuckling about 'halftime adjustments'.

Someone also mentioned Peyton Manning saying this on the Manning brothers MNF game commentary.

I forget where I was reading the article, saying what actually goes on in a typical locker room during halftime.  When you take into consideration that there are 15 total minutes for halftime.  It takes the players a couple of minutes to walk in for halftime, a couple of minutes to walk out, they will go to the bathroom, hydrate, and then maybe have some quick time with their position coaches.  There's just not enough time to make some game-altering 'adjustments'.

(10-15-2021, 08:40 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(10-15-2021, 08:27 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Someone also mentioned Peyton Manning saying this on the Manning brothers MNF game commentary.

I forget where I was reading the article, saying what actually goes on in a typical locker room during halftime.  When you take into consideration that there are 15 total minutes for halftime.  It takes the players a couple of minutes to walk in for halftime, a couple of minutes to walk out, they will go to the bathroom, hydrate, and then maybe have some quick time with their position coaches.  There's just not enough time to make some game-altering 'adjustments'.

12 minutes, but the point stands.

(10-15-2021, 08:50 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(10-15-2021, 08:40 AM)RicoTx Wrote: I forget where I was reading the article, saying what actually goes on in a typical locker room during halftime.  When you take into consideration that there are 15 total minutes for halftime.  It takes the players a couple of minutes to walk in for halftime, a couple of minutes to walk out, they will go to the bathroom, hydrate, and then maybe have some quick time with their position coaches.  There's just not enough time to make some game-altering 'adjustments'.

12 minutes, but the point stands.

Even moreso...

What could we adjust? The team is good for one quarter and serviceable for maybe two. We really need the offense to get good to reverse this.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

"Hey Bevs, quit giving the ball to Robinson when we've got Hyde to carry the load. BTDubs, did ya see that brunette in the second row? I usually prefer blondes, but I gotta get my hand on that." - Urbz's weekly "halftime adjustments."
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-15-2021, 08:53 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: What could we adjust? The team is good for one quarter and serviceable for maybe two. We really need the offense to get good to reverse this.

For more than just scoring. Our defense is thin. Every minute they spend on the field they get thinner. So far they’ve been improving and have been able to stay in the game for three quarters in a couple of games. They always seem to flag quickly in the final quarter.

Between Wingard doing wind sprints on every snap and our LBs filling a large gap behind to supplement a weak secondary, they’re exhausted.

(10-15-2021, 09:23 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-15-2021, 08:53 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: What could we adjust? The team is good for one quarter and serviceable for maybe two. We really need the offense to get good to reverse this.

For more than just scoring. Our defense is thin. Every minute they spend on the field they get thinner. So far they’ve been improving and have been able to stay in the game for three quarters in a couple of games. They always seem to flag quickly in the final quarter.

Between Wingard doing wind sprints on every snap and our LBs filling a large gap behind to supplement a weak secondary, they’re exhausted.

I think the secondary would look a whole hell of a lot better if we could get to the damn quarterback.

(10-15-2021, 09:24 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(10-15-2021, 09:23 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: For more than just scoring. Our defense is thin. Every minute they spend on the field they get thinner. So far they’ve been improving and have been able to stay in the game for three quarters in a couple of games. They always seem to flag quickly in the final quarter.

I think the secondary would look a whole hell of a lot better if we could get to the damn quarterback.

So much this, we don't win the Trench and it shows in the back field.

Edit: On review I would like to clarify that this post is not a euphemism for Saturday night at the Chop House.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-15-2021, 09:24 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(10-15-2021, 09:23 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: For more than just scoring. Our defense is thin. Every minute they spend on the field they get thinner. So far they’ve been improving and have been able to stay in the game for three quarters in a couple of games. They always seem to flag quickly in the final quarter.

The crux of the matter, really.

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2021, 10:05 AM by RicoTx. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-15-2021, 09:32 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-15-2021, 09:24 AM)RicoTx Wrote: I think the secondary would look a whole hell of a lot better if we could get to the damn quarterback.

The crux of the matter, really.

This is the most frustrating thing to me and has been for the last several years.  It doesn't matter what blitz package they run or what kinds of stunts or who is actually rushing, they always seem to run directly into the offensive linemen.  The QB generally has time to make a sandwich before deciding who to throw to.  Let's be honest, there is almost always going to be somebody open on every play (no matter what team).  It's a matter of not giving the QB the time to find the right receiver.  We haven't done that for years...since 2017 probably.

(10-14-2021, 12:35 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Seems to be bad coaching at the half and lack of adjustments.  Seems like the other team adjust and the Jags get whooped in the second half.  We are -7 in the 4th quarter but overall -49 in the second half of games this year.  -49 in 5 games!

Cincy game and a 2nd half pick six in the Cardinals game skews this -49 total a little. But yeah, point taken.

Cincy game 2nd half 24-7 Bengals (-17).
Pick 6 by TL to Cardinals (-7).

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2021, 05:41 PM by surfon. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-15-2021, 10:05 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(10-15-2021, 09:32 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: The crux of the matter, really.

This is the most frustrating thing to me and has been for the last several years.  It doesn't matter what blitz package they run or what kinds of stunts or who is actually rushing, they always seem to run directly into the offensive linemen.  The QB generally has time to make a sandwich before deciding who to throw to.  Let's be honest, there is almost always going to be somebody open on every play (no matter what team).  It's a matter of not giving the QB the time to find the right receiver.  We haven't done that for years...since 2017 probably.

Agreed i was watching some of the tb game last night and they get after the qb.......fast.

To that extent our oline hasnt been horrible i have seen Trevor have a pretty good amount of time and even then have to scramble. It ssems our receivers really suck at getting open when the qb has to scramble, they really need to practice that,