Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
RIP General Colin Powell

A great American. 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/colin-p...y-of-state

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Sad to hear.

Wow didn’t realize he was 84 RIP
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

RIP
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

He was fully vaccinated and died from COVID. I used to respect him but grew to dislike him immensely. In my opinion his support for everything Obama discredited every thing he did before that.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(10-18-2021, 10:45 AM)Ronster Wrote: He was fully vaccinated and died from COVID. I used to respect him but grew to dislike him immensely. In my opinion his support for everything Obama discredited every thing he did before that.

You are absolutely a classless jerk bag. Someone needs to teach you a few manners as your parents obviously failed miserably in doing so. Please feel free to BOYCOTT the board punk.

Colin Powell was a decorated warrior, hero. RIP sir.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(10-18-2021, 10:45 AM)Ronster Wrote: He was fully vaccinated and died from COVID. I used to respect him but grew to dislike him immensely. In my opinion his support for everything Obama discredited every thing he did before that.
You're a bad person.

Do you say that because you value Powell or because he'd use his death to advance his narrative?

(10-18-2021, 01:03 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Do you say that because you value Powell or because he'd use his death to advance his narrative?
I say that based on all of his posts. 

You can defend him if you like.

(10-18-2021, 01:10 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-18-2021, 01:03 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Do you say that because you value Powell or because he'd use his death to advance his narrative?

Is he allowed to have an opinion of the man without being a bad person?  You act like he is celebrating his death or something. You are out of line

(10-18-2021, 01:25 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(10-18-2021, 01:10 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I say that based on all of his posts. 

Is he allowed to have an opinion of the man without being a bad person?  You act like he is celebrating his death or something. You are out of line
He's a bad person based on all his posts. Not just this one.

You can defend him too if you'd like.

(10-18-2021, 11:30 AM)Jagwired Wrote:

You are absolutely a classless jerk bag. Someone needs to teach you a few manners as your parents obviously failed miserably in doing so. Please feel free to BOYCOTT the board punk.

Colin Powell was a decorated warrior, hero. RIP sir.

Meh. Everyone's allowed to have an opinion.

I didn't like him as a politician but I respect him for what he did in the US Army.

(10-18-2021, 01:25 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

That is why I have those two dorks on ignore. Haters gonna hate... I could have posted, he was the greatest person ever and they would have something smart [BLEEP] to say. So, ya... they never offer anything intelligent to any conversation so I just ignore them.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

He was a great man.  RIP

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(10-18-2021, 01:10 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

You seem to be accusing me of defending a poster when I'm really questioning your integrity. There is no shortage of posts and articles that do the exact same thing he did with regard to covid deaths. I didn't see you speaking up then. 

If you just don't like Ronster, I couldn't really care less. If you don't like that he is pointing out that a person who was vaccinated died from Covid, there was plenty of time to address that kind of repulsive behavior about 6 months ago. This type of emotional, narrative driven reaction has been commonplace for a while now. It starting to become obvious when only offends people who aren't benefitting from it.

The left uses every opportunity available to point out when an unvaxxed person dies of COVID. Is it really fair to expect that not to be reciprocated on the opposite scenario? Social media was gloating over Herman Cain's death.

We live in a divided country and it will only get worse unfortunately

(10-18-2021, 02:28 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:

You seem to be accusing me of defending a poster when I'm really questioning your integrity. There is no shortage of posts and articles that do the exact same thing he did with regard to covid deaths. I didn't see you speaking up then. 

If you just don't like Ronster, I couldn't really care less. If you don't like that he is pointing out that a person who was vaccinated died from Covid, there was plenty of time to address that kind of repulsive behavior about 6 months ago. This type of emotional, narrative driven reaction has been commonplace for a while now. It starting to become obvious when only offends people who aren't benefitting from it.
There ya go.

Could have just said the bolded.

I didn't care for Powell's politics as he was a strongly centrist Republican who was too moderate after he retired. I respected his career in the military and public service though and believe he is due more than a lot of respect for that work and that he was by all accounts a very nice man. I think Ronster shouldn't be using his RIP thread as an end zone spike for his agenda, it's unseemly.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2021, 02:44 PM by KingIngram052787.)

I don't really have an opinion on CP, I was too young when he was relevant to really know a whole lot about his politics.

For those trying to make this a vaxxed vs. unvaxxed death thread, you're no better than the other side of your opinion who is been politicizing this garbage the entire pandemic. Shame on you.

He's in his mid 80s and I thought I read he has some form of blood disease/blood cancer, so, that could explain some of his complications with COVID, even though vaxxed.

Edit: HB's post above beat me to it.