Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
RIP General Colin Powell

(10-21-2021, 07:36 PM)mikesez Wrote: The main reason Trump won in the primaries is because the rules of the primaries are dumb.
More Republicans voted for Trump's opponents than voted for Trump.
If all the Republicans had united behind Rubio or Cruz early enough, or if the voting rules were different, Trump doesn't win.
If the Republican party used the same rules for primaries as Democrats (where second and third place in each state still gets delegates), there would have been a brokered convention, and Trump would not have won that.

And the democrat rules gave us this current [BLEEP] show.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-21-2021, 08:09 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-21-2021, 07:31 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Who's making an excuse? You have a dude that has come to see one party a certain way. How did it get like that? 

The middle does not hold the left accountable for their transgressions against this country. Do a search of my posts here 5 years ago. I was warning this would happen. I'm not making excuses. I'm pointing out cause and effect. The Ronsters go away when we get some accountability and integrity in our institutions. It's simple. That will change when people like you stop focusing on the powerless Ronsters and redirect that ire at the stupid [BLEEP] politicians, journalists, and elites that are funding this [BLEEP]. Seriously, dude. You are every bit the problem you claim Ronster to be, because you're too dense to see what's in front of your face.
Yea. I’ll definitely go back and check your posts from 5 years ago just so you can feel good about yourself…..

I will however call people out who wrongly believe half the country should die because they have a different political view than themselves.

The interwebs are replete with far left libs celebrating the passing of Rush Limbaugh.  The interwebs are replete with far left libs applauding and encouraging the death of conservatives.  When you call out them we should talk.  I don’t agree with Ronster’s posting or position but like L2L I can see where his ire comes from.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2021, 08:44 PM by Lucky2Last. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-21-2021, 08:09 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-21-2021, 07:31 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Who's making an excuse? You have a dude that has come to see one party a certain way. How did it get like that? 

The middle does not hold the left accountable for their transgressions against this country. Do a search of my posts here 5 years ago. I was warning this would happen. I'm not making excuses. I'm pointing out cause and effect. The Ronsters go away when we get some accountability and integrity in our institutions. It's simple. That will change when people like you stop focusing on the powerless Ronsters and redirect that ire at the stupid [BLEEP] politicians, journalists, and elites that are funding this [BLEEP]. Seriously, dude. You are every bit the problem you claim Ronster to be, because you're too dense to see what's in front of your face.
Yea. I’ll definitely go back and check your posts from 5 years ago just so you can feel good about yourself…..

I will however call people out who wrongly believe half the country should die because they have a different political view than themselves.

Shocker. You seem like the type of guy that does his own research. 

Look, dude. I don't care if you call out Ronster. I seriously couldn't care less. I am pointing out how he got that way, and noting your lack of outrage when this stuff started happening about 5 years ago. This isn't falling out of the sky. It was predictable. Democratic elites said the greatest threat to this country was Republicans. They call the right white supremacists. They call them terrorists. They are destroying the history and culture of this nation. They are censoring any speech that doesn't fall in line with their narrative. They call parents at PTA meeting domestic terrorists. They have peaceful trespassers (lawbreakers, no doubt) still held in solitary confinement. They are absolutely leveraging institutional power against their political opponents.  

The left doesn't give 2 [BLEEP] about the right. They see them as a threat to their vision. They are treating them like enemies. This will be reciprocated, and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see it. You get the Ronsters when political opponents become enemies. The Ronsters aren't going to go away because you call him out on a message board. The left has made him their enemy, and his is reciprocating. News flash: People just don't care if their enemies die. It's that simple. 

You are attacking someone with no power while simultaneously patting yourself on the back like you're positively contributing to anything. If you want to see less of this, I am telling you how to fix it. This only goes away when the people start holding the elites accountable.... a position that I have yet to see you take. You can pretend to take the moral high ground if you want, but your opinion of yourself is useless. Start directing that smugness towards our elites. They are causing this. Promote free speech. Punish hypocrisy. Demand equal treatment under the law for all... especially those with power. When we hold our elites to a higher standard and demand integrity and accountability from our institutions, the Ronsters will disappear. The other option is tyranny, so I guess there's that to fall back on.

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2021, 09:15 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-21-2021, 08:11 PM)copycat Wrote:
(10-21-2021, 07:36 PM)mikesez Wrote: The main reason Trump won in the primaries is because the rules of the primaries are dumb.
More Republicans voted for Trump's opponents than voted for Trump.
If all the Republicans had united behind Rubio or Cruz early enough, or if the voting rules were different, Trump doesn't win.
If the Republican party used the same rules for primaries as Democrats (where second and third place in each state still gets delegates), there would have been a brokered convention, and Trump would not have won that.

And the democrat rules gave us this current [BLEEP] show.

I guess the filter misses some things.
We have a bad show right now because the Democrats political beliefs are all over the map and they're basically a herd of cats.  The only thing they can agree on is spending more money and you can't just spend more money during a supply chain shortage. Anyhow.
Biden represents the will of Democrat party primary voters much better than Trump represented the will of Republican primary voters.  Most Democratic party voters approved of Biden before he became the nominee.  Most Republican party voters disapproved of Trump and he became the nominee anyways.

(10-21-2021, 08:42 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(10-21-2021, 08:09 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Yea. I’ll definitely go back and check your posts from 5 years ago just so you can feel good about yourself…..

Shocker. You seem like the type of guy that does his own research. 

Look, dude. I don't care if you call out Ronster. I seriously couldn't care less. I am pointing out how he got that way, and noting your lack of outrage when this stuff started happening about 5 years ago. This isn't falling out of the sky. It was predictable. Democratic elites said the greatest threat to this country was Republicans. They call the right white supremacists. They call them terrorists. They are destroying the history and culture of this nation. They are censoring any speech that doesn't fall in line with their narrative. They call parents at PTA meeting domestic terrorists. They have peaceful trespassers (lawbreakers, no doubt) still held in solitary confinement. They are absolutely leveraging institutional power against their political opponents.  

The left doesn't give 2 [BLEEP] about the right. They see them as a threat to their vision. They are treating them like enemies. This will be reciprocated, and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see it. You get the Ronsters when political opponents become enemies. The Ronsters aren't going to go away because you call him out on a message board. The left has made him their enemy, and his is reciprocating. News flash: People just don't care if their enemies die. It's that simple. 

You are attacking someone with no power while simultaneously patting yourself on the back like you're positively contributing to anything. If you want to see less of this, I am telling you how to fix it. This only goes away when the people start holding the elites accountable.... a position that I have yet to see you take. You can pretend to take the moral high ground if you want, but your opinion of yourself is useless. Start directing that smugness towards our elites. They are causing this. Promote free speech. Punish hypocrisy. Demand equal treatment under the law for all... especially those with power. When we hold our elites to a higher standard and demand integrity and accountability from our institutions, the Ronsters will disappear. The other option is tyranny, so I guess there's that to fall back on.

Elite Democrats did not cheer Limbaugh's death.
The Democratic party's grumpy uncles and loser high school acquaintances did.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2021, 09:24 PM by Cleatwood. Edited 2 times in total.)

(10-21-2021, 08:26 PM)copycat Wrote:
(10-21-2021, 08:09 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Yea. I’ll definitely go back and check your posts from 5 years ago just so you can feel good about yourself…..

The interwebs are replete with far left libs celebrating the passing of Rush Limbaugh.  The interwebs are replete with far left libs applauding and encouraging the death of conservatives.  When you call out them we should talk.  I don’t agree with Ronster’s posting or position but like L2L I can see where his ire comes from.
I’m not calling out an entire group of people lol

I’m calling out one individual. Not everything has to be directed at the group but instead the person who said it. You and L2L have no clue as to how Ronster came to feel like that. You’re only speculating. Maybe he’s always felt this way but only recently feels the need to spew it out.

If someone on here also said they hope all people in the far right should die, please show me and I’ll gladly call them out too.

This is literally about one person and yet it’s being twisted (shocker) to include an entire group of people when it’s not about that.

(10-21-2021, 07:31 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(10-21-2021, 02:25 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: And what doesn't make sense to me is wishing millions of people should die in this country because they don't agree with your political views.

So forgive me if I call out someone who makes such ridiculous claims. And you can continue making excuses for the people who feel this way, including Ronster.

Who's making an excuse? You have a dude that has come to see one party a certain way. How did it get like that? 

I don't agree with Cleatwood about a great many things but I'm with him on calling out people, or in this case a person, who gleefully calls for the death of an entire group of  people with whom he disagrees politically. 

Would it be nice if he'd call out the politicians, media, etc., for their stupidity? Absolutely, but for me Ronster's complete meltdown over the liberal left and his death wish for them is more concerning on a human level- forget the politics for a moment.

We should not have countrymen that wish death upon each other. Sure. Agreed. I am not condoning what he said. I'm asking how it came to be that way. You could pretend that he's just a bad person and that he's an anomaly, but he's not. He is a forerunner for more like him. If he was just a single bad actor, I wouldn't even bother to respond to Cleatwood. Ronster is the result of a system that is divisive, corrupt, and amoral. He's a part of a growing group of people that is reacting to the political landscape that is declaring him an enemy of the state. His numbers will grow. Any idiot should be able to look at what's going on and predict this. You can fixate on him if you want, but he's not the problem. He's a symptom of the problem. I argue that the Cleatwoods and Martys contribute more to this mess, because they don't take a stand against the insatiable left. They keep letting the narrative push civility further and further out of the picture.

Cleatwood, it is a group of people, even if you can't see it. The right as individuals all have different length fuses. Ronsters is just shorter than others. There are more like him and more to follow.

Anyway, tough luck about General Powell, no?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Sure I guess, if you're into that kind of thing. Sucks for his fam, but I really don't care about celebrity deaths.

I never saw him as a celebrity, only as a serviceman, a veteran, and SecDef. He served this country for a very long time. I may not have always agreed with his decisions or his politics but I respected his service to America.

(10-21-2021, 11:41 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: We should not have countrymen that wish death upon each other. Sure. Agreed. I am not condoning what he said. I'm asking how it came to be that way. You could pretend that he's just a bad person and that he's an anomaly, but he's not. He is a forerunner for more like him. If he was just a single bad actor, I wouldn't even bother to respond to Cleatwood. Ronster is the result of a system that is divisive, corrupt, and amoral. He's a part of a growing group of people that is reacting to the political landscape that is declaring him an enemy of the state.  His numbers will grow. Any idiot should be able to look at what's going on and predict this. You can fixate on him if you want, but he's not the problem. He's a symptom of the problem. I argue that the Cleatwoods and Martys contribute more to this mess, because they don't take a stand against the insatiable left. They keep letting the narrative push civility further and further out of the picture.

Cleatwood, it is a group of people, even if you can't see it. The right as individuals all have different length fuses. Ronsters is just shorter than others. There are more like him and more to follow.

I don't disagree with you. It's sad that people are so divisive and so divided. I could get as angry and frustrated but I can't let myself go there or I'll be consumed with hate and sound like Ronster but it wouldn't be toward just one group of people. 

What we're seeing today isn't because of one person, one group or one belief. It's coming from all sides and when the powder keg finally blows it's going to suck for everyone.