Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trade Rumors

I’d actually want OBJ. He does get open a lot and Baker can’t seem to find him downfield and also can’t develop chemistry. Nothing higher than a 4th but I’d definitely do it for the simple fact that he’s a good route runner. Which is valuable for a rookie QB.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-21-2021, 10:04 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(10-21-2021, 09:35 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Successful teams build their core via the draft and fill needs via free agency. Gimme as many draft picks as possible.

But successful teams are successful because they turn their draft picks into players.

So far, the jury is out as to whether Baalke has turned this year's draft choices into players, though Meyer claims he is still developing them.

(10-21-2021, 03:49 PM)D6 Wrote: It's much more likely that Taylor Decker will miss the entire regular season than him being traded before the 2021 NFL Trade Deadline.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/l...105073001/
That sucks.

You think he might go on the trade market this offseason?

Absolutely. Our problem is that we haven't been able to turn draft picks or free agent signings into good players. We're kinda screwed either way, but until something changes with ownership and we finally get the right guys in the front office who make good decisions, we have to live with what we have. I'd still rather get a ton of draft picks and see what we can turn them into, rather than using a lot of cap space and hope we hit on a free agent here and there. Normally, you'd want quality over quantity, but no matter what we do, we're not getting quality, thanks to the poor decisions of the front office. I don't trust them at all. For now, lets go the quantity route in the draft and hope by adding numbers of players, it increases the chances of finding someone good.

(10-22-2021, 04:33 AM)Black and Teal Wrote: I’d actually want OBJ. He does get open a lot and Baker can’t seem to find him downfield and also can’t develop chemistry. Nothing higher than a 4th but I’d definitely do it for the simple fact that he’s a good route runner. Which is valuable for a rookie QB.

Same. I would like seeing obj with Lawrence combo. Get t-law one big time wr asap

(10-22-2021, 04:58 AM)Jag88 Wrote:
(10-22-2021, 04:33 AM)Black and Teal Wrote: I’d actually want OBJ. He does get open a lot and Baker can’t seem to find him downfield and also can’t develop chemistry. Nothing higher than a 4th but I’d definitely do it for the simple fact that he’s a good route runner. Which is valuable for a rookie QB.

Same. I would like seeing obj with Lawrence combo. Get t-law one big time wr asap

So then why would you want Beckham?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I always figured Beckham's career arc would be jagged. Got flamed for saying I'd keep AR15 over him because I had more confidence in Robinson long term. Feeling pretty good about making that call right now.

OBJ is a flash in the pan hype machine that can't consistently contribute.

Sometimes, all these diva receives need is a change of scenery. We know the dude has the talent. If it came at a low price, I'd kick the tires.

(10-22-2021, 08:43 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Sometimes, all these diva receives need is a change of scenery. We know the dude has the talent. If it came at a low price, I'd kick the tires.

That was the story when they moved him from NY.
He hasn't gotten better since Eli.
He's peaked already.

I would give zero picks for this guy.
If he was a free agent id offer him some cheap [BLEEP] prove it 1 year deal and see if he caught fire but you know that diva ain't doing that deal and coming to Jax

(10-21-2021, 09:51 PM)High Octane Wrote:
(10-21-2021, 09:37 PM)Kane Wrote: OBJ looking like Doo Doo tonight. Not sure he's looked good at all this season. Always open? Pssh. Can't catch anymore either.... I wouldn't trade Wingard for OBJ. When was the last time he was actually good? NY?

Oh look he's hurt again...
SMH. We can scrape garbage WRs up in cheap free agency. See: Austin, Treadwell, and Dorsett

I was one of the guys who said he'd welcome OBJ if it comes really cheap.

After watching the game today, is it weird I'd rather let Jamal Agnew play WR than OBJ?

not in the least. Welcome to understanding the big picture.

with OBJ, you're just buying name recognition or past production. We need to be focused on two years from now, not today.

(10-21-2021, 09:51 PM)High Octane Wrote:
(10-21-2021, 09:37 PM)Kane Wrote: OBJ looking like Doo Doo tonight. Not sure he's looked good at all this season. Always open? Pssh. Can't catch anymore either.... I wouldn't trade Wingard for OBJ. When was the last time he was actually good? NY?

Oh look he's hurt again...
SMH. We can scrape garbage WRs up in cheap free agency. See: Austin, Treadwell, and Dorsett

I was one of the guys who said he'd welcome OBJ if it comes really cheap.

After watching the game today, is it weird I'd rather let Jamal Agnew play WR than OBJ?

Not weird to me at all.
I think WRs are a dime a dozen and in every draft there are a few studs. Plus development of our own young guys and perhaps bringing Chark back, OBJ has no place here.

Give me Jones, Chark (if his injury doesn't limit him and for the right price coming off injury), Viska, Agnew, and a couple rookies (or a guy like Cotton from the PS comes along)

(This post was last modified: 10-22-2021, 11:28 AM by Newton.)

Receivers who can get separation with elite route running are not dime a dozen. There is a reason number 1 receivers on other teams are open despite increased attention and none of our receivers are.

I know he's a headcase but looking back on it.. wish we woulda tried to grab Antonio Brown.. Not sure how he's been in terms of his mental state but he's been really good for the Bucs. Their WR core is so stacked its not even funny.

(10-21-2021, 10:04 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(10-21-2021, 09:35 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Successful teams build their core via the draft and fill needs via free agency. Gimme as many draft picks as possible.

But successful teams are successful because they turn their draft picks into players.

So far, the jury is out as to whether Baalke has turned this year's draft choices into players, though Meyer claims he is still developing them.

(10-21-2021, 03:49 PM)D6 Wrote: It's much more likely that Taylor Decker will miss the entire regular season than him being traded before the 2021 NFL Trade Deadline.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/l...105073001/
That sucks.

You think he might go on the trade market this offseason?

So much can and has already changed since earlier in the season. Right now though, my guess is Taylor Decker will be traded in the upcoming off-season.  A huge salary cap hit would occur.  But if the Lions can at least the equivalent of a 1st Round pick for Decker that's not near the bottom of the 1st Round,  it's a long term opportunity that probably would be too good to pass up. 

While Penei Sewell has gone through enormous growing pains as a pass blocker in the last month,  it's likely that the Lions team brass views him as the team's best long term option at LT.

(10-22-2021, 11:27 AM)Newton Wrote: Receivers who can get separation with elite route running are not dime a dozen. There is a reason number 1 receivers on other teams are open despite increased attention and none of our receivers are.

This x 2!

We're filled with "players who have a chance or we think will be good". A Lotta should, could, and maybe. Yall may call them name recognition guys, but they have name recognition for a reason. 

Give me both if they'd come.

Not a fan of adding OBJ. I think he has enough left in the tank to contribute, but it is hard to predicate what effect he will have on Lawrence. He does not seem like a good team mate or at least he is a selfish one.

(This post was last modified: 10-22-2021, 04:16 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

We need one of them little soccer looking dudes that defenders don't pay attention to because they look like they suck.

(10-22-2021, 04:16 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: We need one of them little soccer looking dudes that defenders don't pay attention to because they look like they suck.

We had one.. Chad Owens.. And he did suck..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(10-22-2021, 11:27 AM)Newton Wrote: Receivers who can get separation with elite route running are not dime a dozen. There is a reason number 1 receivers on other teams are open despite increased attention and none of our receivers are.

Can Keenan Allen plz request a trade to JAX?

(10-21-2021, 01:09 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-20-2021, 08:59 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Saw some speculation from Lions fans that they may be willing to deal LT Taylor Decker to Baltimore.

I don't follow the Lions closely enough to know if this has any credibility.  Later in the video they state the Lions state they are not moving Decker.

My question is knowing what you know of Decker and our OL situation, would you make a deal for him?

If so, what is the most you would be willing to pay to get him?

Yes. 

A first round pick, a 3rd round pick and Jawaan Taylor.

If anything, I think there is an outside chance we trade away either Andrew Norwell or Cam Robinson before the deadline.

The main thing that would give me pause about making the trade for Decker is seeing how high our first round pick would be.  If there were a chance of having the first overall pick, I might be inclined to hold onto that pick.  The other consideration is whether Decker could play this year.  If his finger injury keeps him out for the year, I would be less inclined to make a deal for him.

As for trading Cam Robinson or Andrew Norwell before the deadline, I would be opposed to such a move.  Though we need to build for the future, Trevor Lawrence needs to survive to see the future.  Trading away the blockers who have done a decent to good job of protecting him this year would endanger him short term, which is not a good thing, especially considering our upcoming schedule, with games against the Rams, Bills, and 49ers remaining.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(10-22-2021, 02:25 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I know he's a headcase but looking back on it.. wish we woulda tried to grab Antonio Brown.. Not sure how he's been in terms of his mental state but he's been really good for the Bucs. Their WR core is so stacked its not even funny.

Winning (and Brady) cures a lot of ills. We don't have either (yet).

It would have ended up a train wreck.

(10-25-2021, 08:37 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(10-22-2021, 02:25 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I know he's a headcase but looking back on it.. wish we woulda tried to grab Antonio Brown.. Not sure how he's been in terms of his mental state but he's been really good for the Bucs. Their WR core is so stacked its not even funny.

Winning (and Brady) cures a lot of ills. We don't have either (yet).

It would have ended up a train wreck.

Yeah "rebuilds" and "divas" don't mesh.

You roll the dice on a diva when your locker room has been bound and solidified -  after all the rebuilding is near complete and wins have been won.