Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trade Rumors

(11-04-2021, 07:03 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: According to Vic:

Chevin from Jacksonville, FL
Trent Baalke had bad drafts when he was the GM in San Francisco and then is promoted to GM in Jacksonville by new head coach Urban Meyer. Their first draft class (with over 10 picks, mind you) yielded a no-brainer at No. 1 overall, an injured RB at No. 25 overall, followed by a bunch of day-two selections who are, for the most part, barely even seeing the field on a team that has not won a game on U.S. soil in over 400 days. How does this man have a job?

I was told Baalke "hated" Joe Schobert and that's why he traded him to the Steelers for a warm six-pack. This past Sunday, Schobert led the Steelers with nine tackles. Yes, Baalke is deserving of hard scrutiny.

I practically punched my monitor when I read that.

Seriously, why can't we just crowdsource personnel moves for this team? Criminy.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Trent Baalke had bad drafts when he was the GM in San Francisco and then is promoted to GM in Jacksonville by new head coach Urban Meyer. Their first draft class (with over 10 picks, mind you) yielded a no-brainer at No. 1 overall, an injured RB at No. 25 overall, followed by a bunch of day-two selections who are, for the most part, barely even seeing the field on a team that has not won a game on U.S. soil in over 400 days. How does this man have a job?

I was told Baalke "hated" Joe Schobert and that's why he traded him to the Steelers for a warm six-pack. This past Sunday, Schobert led the Steelers with nine tackles. Yes, Baalke is deserving of hard scrutiny.

This is the same Vick Ketchman who pushed for Beanie Wells, and worse, advocated the Jaguars trade out of the top overall pick this year when Trevor freaking Lawrence was on the board.

Excuse me if I take his assessments with an eye roll and a boulder of salt.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I mean, just flatly saying it was a bad trade because Schobert had 9 tackles doesn't mean anything in and of itself. It's really easy to rack up 9 tackles while playing horribly. Which seems to be what is happening according to my Steelers friends.

Well, I do think that this board has overall made much better decisions as a group than our professional GM’s. Just because these guys know a lot about football does not mean they are better at evaluating talent than the crowd.

The opinion of the majority of regular posters on this board is without a doubt better than that of the collective GMs we’ve had. And it’s not even close.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(11-04-2021, 02:05 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: The opinion of the majority of regular posters on this board is without a doubt better than that of the collective GMs we’ve had. And it’s not even close.
Wrong! 

These armchair GMs know NOTHING.

(11-04-2021, 12:11 PM)Newton Wrote: Well, I do think that this board has overall made much better decisions as a group than our professional GM’s. Just because these guys know a lot about football does not mean they are better at evaluating talent than the crowd.

I have little doubt that individually they are all far better than any of us at evaluating players. However, the power of the consensus is very strong. All of us are to some extent getting info and forming our opinions from ourselves, each other, and from a slew of online and media draftniks. There is a whole lot of iron sharpening iron going on. A small group of front office people and scouts will simply not be able to overcome a consensus board that is formed through the studies and opinons of hundreds of people in most cases.

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2021, 04:35 PM by Jag88.)

Wouldn't that be interesting to a do a draft only using the votes of this board. Haha

(11-04-2021, 04:35 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Wouldn't that be interesting to a do a draft only using the votes of this board. Haha
That's what the Stockholders of the Packers should demand.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

It's no uncommon for me to disagree with Vic Ketchman, but he's right here.  I would sum it up as "Trent Baalke is so bad that even Vic Ketchman can see it."

(11-04-2021, 02:24 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-04-2021, 02:05 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: The opinion of the majority of regular posters on this board is without a doubt better than that of the collective GMs we’ve had. And it’s not even close.
Wrong! 

LOL!  Do you work in the personnel department?  Are you personally offended?   Laughing

Remember,  I'm talking the consensus picks not the outlying opinions of individual posters.  Upper summed it up well above.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(11-05-2021, 06:16 AM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(11-04-2021, 02:24 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Wrong! 

LOL!  Do you work in the personnel department?  Are you personally offended?   Laughing

Remember,  I'm talking the consensus picks not the outlying opinions of individual posters.  Upper summed it up well above.

You need to get your sarcasm meter calibrated.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-05-2021, 06:16 AM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(11-04-2021, 02:24 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Wrong! 

Lol I'm only messing with you.

I've long said this board could have drafted better than every single GM the Jags have ever had. 2 years ago, when we did a board mock draft, I drafted for the Jags. Walked away with Hockenson, McLaurin, Tyus Howard and David Montgomery. Suffice to say, I got many job interviews for potential GM openings.

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2021, 08:49 AM by Mikey.)

(11-05-2021, 06:44 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-05-2021, 06:16 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: LOL!  Do you work in the personnel department?  Are you personally offended?   Laughing

You need to get your sarcasm meter calibrated.

@these always help@

(11-05-2021, 07:42 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-05-2021, 06:16 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: LOL!  Do you work in the personnel department?  Are you personally offended?   Laughing

Lol I'm only messing with you.

I've long said this board could have drafted better than every single GM the Jags have ever had. 2 years ago, when we did a board mock draft, I drafted for the Jags. Walked away with Hockenson, McLaurin, Tyus Howard and David Montgomery. Suffice to say, I got many job interviews for potential GM openings.

@which message boards are hiring?@

(see?) Big Grin

Team order for waiver. Who could go after that wr the browns just released?

1 DET
2. MIA
3. HOU
4. JAX

Only Houston has the room. Mia and det do not

The jags will get a chance I believe but I'm afraid they wont pull the trigger. I think it's a good idea. Try him out for the rest of season. It would bring some life to this offense.