Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Josh Allen - Gamechanger with the Game WINNER!!

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2021, 12:06 PM by Firesky. Edited 1 time in total.)

Really surprised that this isn't being talked about. Josh Allen has been playing out of his mind this year!!! Seemingly every game he'll have a splash play early on in the first half, and then will face double and triple teams the rest of the way. The biggest plays of the year have come off of his efforts, and none bigger than the 4th & 1 at midfield with Miami driving to take the lead in the 4th quarter. 

Josh Allen knifes into the B-Gap, and is just drawn to the ball carrier like a magnet to metal!! stopping the RB cold in his tracks before he can even get back to the L.O.S. .... If this play isn't made, the Dolphins just slowly march into FG range bleeding clock and we likely don't come away with a victory. This was one of the most clutch Defensive plays i've seen any player in a Jags uniform make. Hearing him on Mic'd up just made it better; early on in the segment Josh is talking about how he's waiting for the right time to rush inside/pull an inside move bc the Left Tackle keeps oversetting him to try and deal with his speed around the edge, on that 4th and 1 ... Allen knifes inside (just like he said he would) and made the play. After that he says in the Mic'd up "He's getting nothing but POWER from here on out!" and the next play he turns the OT into a ragdoll, throwing him 5 yards backwards almost effortlessly. 

he's like a Yannick Ngakoue that's actually good against the run and has more pass rush moves. He is very clearly the best player on defense, he WANTS to be here and has made that clear every press conference (even under the previous regime!), we need to lock this kid up ASAP!!! give him the $$$'s that Yan was looking for, because not only has he earned it but he's just scratching the surface of his talents. Once we have some more talent in the front-7 and a legit complementary pass rusher, I think he goes back to the probowl at the very least. Glad he's a captain on this team and should be an integral piece going forward as a cornerstone for this franchise. 

With all the chaos of winning last sunday, I felt like his game saving stop on 4th and 1 got lost in the wash a bit and he deserves every bit of credit for putting Duval County on his shoulders and going out to make the stop of the game!!
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It’s still a long season to go, but I agree with your overall settlement he’s playing pretty well. You cannot judge his performance purely based on sacks, given the current situation with the defense.

Allen has been playing really good. the thing that is stopping him from getting sacks is the DBs and LB can't cover for more than 2 secs. to allow a rush to get home. i think if we can start to cover longer the sacks will start to pile up.

The numbers don't reflect how well he's playing

I Agree with this write up. Allen is a stud in this 3-4

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2021, 01:53 PM by Dewboy01. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-21-2021, 12:54 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I Agree with this write up. Allen is a stud in this 3-4

While he is our best pass rusher, he is not having a great season thus far IMO.  Part of it is that they have him drop into coverage WAY too much, especially on 3rd and long situations.  But I haven't really seen him being "double or triple teamed". He has a good burst when he's trying to speed rush around the Tackle, but he gets there too late to impact the play - partially due to a lack of pass rush from anywhere else.  All in all, our pass rush is quite possibly the worst in the league....

Edit - I meant to add that I do think he's playing well against the run.

(10-21-2021, 01:50 PM)Dewboy01 Wrote:
(10-21-2021, 12:54 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I Agree with this write up. Allen is a stud in this 3-4

While he is our best pass rusher, he is not having a great season thus far IMO.  Part of it is that they have him drop into coverage WAY too much, especially on 3rd and long situations.  But I haven't really seen him being "double or triple teamed". He has a good burst when he's trying to speed rush around the Tackle, but he gets there too late to impact the play - partially due to a lack of pass rush from anywhere else.  All in all, our pass rush is quite possibly the worst in the league....

Edit - I meant to add that I do think he's playing well against the run.

in the 3-4 unless they are doing a full blitz it is his responsibility to cover.  just as any other 3-4 OLB.  if we had better coverage we would be getting home alot more. and chaisson and Allen both would be sitting with alot more sacks then we have now.  

Look at KC they have a really good Front 7 and they have less sacks than us cause they are similar issues there Secondary is Crap.

He has been much improved from last year. The real issue is nornally you need a good player on the other side to really allow the talent to shine. Ala Freeney/Mathis
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Yeah as really just need to get him help there. A very rare bright spot.
Ready for May Day and May Flowers!

He started off slow but these past couple games he has played much better like the way he was playing his rookie year. Maybe coming off the injury and the new system he is finally healthy and settling in. It's good to see

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2021, 09:47 PM by Kane.)

(10-01-2021, 09:14 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Was the wrong pick once again taking Allen over Hockenson. Hockenson is one of the premier TEs in this game vs a pass rusher that can't get to the QB

(10-21-2021, 06:03 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He started off slow but these past couple games he has played much better like the way he was playing his rookie year. Maybe coming off the injury and the new system he is finally healthy and settling in. It's good to see

Bruuuuuh.
Had to call you out on this. Chill out waffle house. Haha

(10-21-2021, 05:12 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: He has been much improved from last year.

Yeah cuz he was injured and only played in 8 or 9 games and was playing hurt for most of those.

(10-21-2021, 09:45 PM)Kane Wrote:
(10-01-2021, 09:14 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Was the wrong pick once again taking Allen over Hockenson.  Hockenson is one of the premier TEs in this game vs a pass rusher that can't get to the QB

(10-21-2021, 06:03 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He started off slow but these past couple games he has played much better like the way he was playing his rookie year.  Maybe coming off the injury and the new system he is finally healthy and settling in.  It's good to see

Bruuuuuh.

(10-21-2021, 05:12 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: He has been much improved from last year.

Yeah cuz he was injured and only played in 8 or 9 games and was playing hurt for most of those.

He definitely looked like the wrong pick last year and the first 4 games this year.  Good to see him coming back around.

(10-21-2021, 09:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-21-2021, 09:45 PM)Kane Wrote: Bruuuuuh.

He definitely looked like the wrong pick last year and the first 4 games this year.  Good to see him coming back around.
You jumped to conclusions? Weird…. You never do that….

Maybe allen will get on a hot streak

(This post was last modified: 10-22-2021, 08:52 AM by Kane. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-21-2021, 09:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-21-2021, 09:45 PM)Kane Wrote: Bruuuuuh.

He was hurt last year and played hurt and only played 8 games total.
You said he was the wrong pick this year in the beginning of Oct. 2 of his 2.5 sacks came in the first two games.

Me and you usually on the same page. Especially with all the Gator haters round here.
Just had to throw this out cuz that other thread was recent in my mind.
It's okay to just admit you were wrong and jumped the gun. I'm wrong all the time. Just go check any predraft thread.

Especially the ones talking QBs.
No one will ever hire me as a GM   Tongue

(This post was last modified: 10-22-2021, 12:14 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-22-2021, 08:50 AM)Kane Wrote:
(10-21-2021, 09:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He definitely looked like the wrong pick last year and the first 4 games this year.  Good to see him coming back around.

He was hurt last year and played hurt and only played 8 games total.
You said he was the wrong pick this year in the beginning of Oct. 2 of his 2.5 sacks came in the first two games.

Me and you usually on the same page. Especially with all the Gator haters round here.
Just had to throw this out cuz that other thread was recent in my mind.
It's okay to just admit you were wrong and jumped the gun. I'm wrong all the time. Just go check any predraft thread.

Especially the ones talking QBs.
No one will ever hire me as a GM   Tongue

Maybe he was hurt when he was playing last year then, I'm not sure.  If that's the case he shouldn't of been playing.  I didn't look at his sack total I was just watching the games, he was getting stonewalled for the most part pretty much all game up untill the last few games and really wasnt making am impact.  It couldn of been he was wearing off the rust and a new scheme he had to get used to and hopefully he can keep it up. I liked the pick but I also liked Hockenson,  It's still way to early to tell if he was the right pick or not but if he can be consistent like the last few games and help give us a pass rush then he was the right pick and I hope he was

If he could just play like he did his rookie year it will be the right pick. Losing Campbell was the biggest loss we have had out of all the players we lost. Dave was an idiot for trading him for a 5th

He's been damn close to the QB on a number of plays. Just as someone said, lack of coverage downfield.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(10-22-2021, 12:22 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If he could just play like he did his rookie year it will be the right pick. Losing Campbell was the biggest loss we have had out of all the players we lost.  Dave was an idiot for trading him for a 5th

This ^^^^^^^  Losing Calais was far and away one of the biggest mistakes the prior regime made. He was the straw that stirred the drink on defense. Would he have flourished in this 3-4 defense? I dunno but he is still contributing in Baltimore.

(10-22-2021, 12:53 PM)DTWD4∞ Wrote:
(10-22-2021, 12:22 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If he could just play like he did his rookie year it will be the right pick. Losing Campbell was the biggest loss we have had out of all the players we lost.  Dave was an idiot for trading him for a 5th

This ^^^^^^^  Losing Calais was far and away one of the biggest mistakes the prior regime made. He was the straw that stirred the drink on defense. Would he have flourished in this 3-4 defense? I dunno but he is still contributing in Baltimore.

SAY WHAT?  IT WAS ALL PART OF THE TANKING PROCESS TO GET TREVOR AND IT WORKED TO PERFECTION !!!

Also, Calais was nowhere near the player with the Ravens as he was with the Jags.  I actually think the Jags pulled a Steelers thing here and got rid of a defensive player right as their skills diminished significantly.