Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This Week in the AFC South-Week 7

Last week, the Jaguars...yes the Jaguars...managed to get their first win of the season, a 23-20 win over Miami on a last second FG by Matthew Wright!  Though we are still DAL in the division, I am happy about the win and the progress Trevor Lawrence continues to make.  Now we have the bye week and can get some guys healthy, including Myles Jack, AJ Cann and Brandon Linder.  Even without Russell Wilson, going to Seattle will be tough for us.  but maybe, just maybe we can get on a roll of some sort.  But that is for next week.  Getting back to last week, the Texans were trounced by the Colts 31-3.  Finally, the tacks pulled off the upset and outlasted the Bills in a Monday night thriller.

That tack win ruined what would have been an undefeated week in picking, as I was one of the few on here who got the wild hair to pick the Jaguars to win.  With the Jaguars off this week, maybe I can be a bit more objective.

Kansas City (3-3) at tacks (4-2)-Can KC's offense be stopped?  Though they have been awesome the past 3 seasons, this year, they aren't quite as good offensively.  Mahomes has made some uncharacteristic INTs this year.  But perhaps a bigger problem for the Chiefs is on the other side of the ball.  Can the Chiefs stop ANYBODY?  I certainly don't see them stopping tacks RB Derrick Henry, who decimated the Bills and is on pace for a back to back 200 yard season.  The tacks are also getting healthy at WR, with AJ Brown and Julio Jones.  Tacks are at home and are on a roll.  As much as it nauseates me to say this, tacks win 30-27.

Houston (1-5) at Arizona (6-0)-the team picked to finish with the worst record by many travel west to face the league's last unbeaten team.  The Texans are playing without LT Laremy Tunsil.  Good luck with that against Chandler Jones.  The Texans are also playing without leading sacker Whitney Mercilus, whom they cut.  Good luck with that against Kyler Murray and that passing attack.  Arizona wins 34-10.

Colts (2-4) at 49ers (2-3)-In a battle between two teams not meeting exxpectations so far, the Colts travel west to face the 49ers.  The colts appear more banged up than the 49ers.  49ers win 24-20.

Last week:  2-1
Overall:  14-6

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

15-5 overall

Tacks (can't see the Chiefs D holding Henry in check)
Cards ( this should be a laugher)
Clots (in my upset special)
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Kudos on going with the gut and getting the extra win with the Jags last week. I went against the gut and took a welcome loss while celebrating a win. How's that for a paradox? 14-6 on the year, and let's enjoy a week of rest.

tacks 30 KC 20: If Chris Jones is back, this might be closer, but as it stands, Mahomes is looking more human as he has to play from behind or never feel secure with any lead. I still don't understand how the tacks lost to the Jest, but since they did they have been a motivated team and Henry is looking like a league MVP if he can keep this up over the rest of the season. Nevertheless, screw the tacks.

AZ 60, tinhorns 15: With all the supply chain issues affecting the nation, I hope everyone in the Houston area has already stocked up on liquor, because there's gonna be a shortage even after all the logistics are in running order.

indynoplace 17 SFO 14: If the niners roll with Lance, I expect the D to toy with him throughout the game. Wentz and company had an easy week last Sunday, and do just enough to walk away with the win. If they were healthier, this one wouldn't even be close (or shouldn't).

Last week 1-2
Season 14-6

Kansas City 34
Tennessee 31

Arizona 30
Houston 6

San Francisco 23
Indianapolis 17

I missed the start of this yearly tradition (thank you Bullseye) so I'm not keeping count just giving picks.

Titans
Cardinals
49'ers

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2021, 08:20 AM by snowwolf776. Edited 1 time in total.)

13-7 overall.  this week my picks are 

Chiefs

49ers

Cardnails.

just for some fun we have a uset pick by me this week.   

Lions beat LA Rams.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Titans
Cardinals
Colts

1-2  last week
13-7  overall
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

Quick poll...

Should this thread be posted on the main page for greater participation or should it stay on the division board?

In theory, most weeks it will be Jaguars related. On the other hand, there's talk about other teams,

Do you like the current level of participation?

Your thoughts are welcome.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2021, 07:06 PM by SeldomRite. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-21-2021, 06:24 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Quick poll...

Should this thread be posted on the main page for greater participation or should it stay on the division board?

In theory, most weeks it will be Jaguars related.  On the other hand, there's talk about other teams,

I thought everyone on the board already posted in here.  Laughing

To be serious, I wouldn't mind either way.

Also I'll take the tacks, cards, and niners.

13-7 coming in, 1-2 last week. (Tuck the facks)

In theory, most weeks it will be Jaguars related.  On the other hand, there's talk about other teams,

Either way. I trust your judgement.

I think you should leave it here in the division.  its up to you though bullseye.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

12-8
Cheifs
Cards
Niners

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2021, 11:34 PM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

Titans should have lost!

(This post was last modified: 10-22-2021, 09:07 AM by Mikey. Edited 1 time in total.)

I think it's good where it is. Fear is that on the mainpage the threads would end up derailed over what someone said in their prediction and we end up with a 7-page back and forth of seeing who succeeds on getting the last word, or it would get buried under a ton of other threads for those who don't visit the site on a daily (or more frequent) basis.

Edit: we also have the Jags' score prediction thread on game weeks on the other board, having both there might be redundant or lead to a lot of duplicate posting.

I'm an old fuddy-duddy, though, so take this opinion with a shaker full of salt Smile

1-2 last week
13-7 overall

Chiefs over Titans
Cardinals over Texans
Colts over 49ers
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

13-7

chefs
cards
niners

Tacks
Cards
Niners

Last week:
1-2

Overall:
12-8
"So you're saying there's a chance!".   - Lloyd Christmas

Kansas City
Arizona
Indianapolis

Tennessee whoopin the Chiefs.

(10-24-2021, 02:30 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Tennessee whoopin the Chiefs.
They look terrible this year. It's important to remember the team is more than just a QB.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk