Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Settle down pitchfork and torch crowd. Meyer isn't going anywhere for the near future

(10-23-2021, 10:28 AM)Mowerguy Wrote: I'm afraid O-Line is right... Khan will give him a second year even if this year is a "flop".

Yeah, we should all know this by now.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

And the hits keep coming

I’ve been critical of Meyer too, but he’ll improve. He’s not one to make the same mistakes repeatedly.

(10-23-2021, 11:02 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I’ve been critical of Meyer too, but he’ll improve. He’s not one to make the same mistakes repeatedly.

You're right, at Florida it was the players committing crimes that Urban ignored.  At Ohio State it was the Assistant Coach whose crimes and transgressions were ignored....so that's definitely not the same mistake!

(10-23-2021, 01:11 PM)Dewboy01 Wrote:
(10-23-2021, 11:02 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I’ve been critical of Meyer too, but he’ll improve. He’s not one to make the same mistakes repeatedly.

You're right, at Florida it was the players committing crimes that Urban ignored.  At Ohio State it was the Assistant Coach whose crimes and transgressions were ignored....so that's definitely not the same mistake!

[Image: fainting-gif-1509018021.gif?crop=1xw:1xh...size=480:*]

(10-23-2021, 01:48 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-23-2021, 01:11 PM)Dewboy01 Wrote: You're right, at Florida it was the players committing crimes that Urban ignored.  At Ohio State it was the Assistant Coach whose crimes and transgressions were ignored....so that's definitely not the same mistake!

[Image: fainting-gif-1509018021.gif?crop=1xw:1xh...size=480:*]

[Image: 2269fad553d2a511ae71ea5b39a4417c.jpg]

(10-23-2021, 02:37 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-23-2021, 01:48 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [Image: fainting-gif-1509018021.gif?crop=1xw:1xh...size=480:*]

[Image: 2269fad553d2a511ae71ea5b39a4417c.jpg]

Good point!

[Image: image?url=https:%2F%2Fscarletandgame.com...=850&h=560]

(10-23-2021, 03:14 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-23-2021, 02:37 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [Image: 2269fad553d2a511ae71ea5b39a4417c.jpg]

Good point!

So, He's going back to college???!!! 

WOO - HOOO!!!!

(10-23-2021, 03:59 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-23-2021, 03:14 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Good point!

So, He's going back to college???!!! 

WOO - HOOO!!!!

[Image: dikembe-mutombo-finger-wave-gif-7.gif]

One thing I learned about people is if they enjoy complaining and harboring negative thoughts it will continue in the future.  It doesn't matter if things change for the better, they will find fault with it.  It's just their nature.

(10-23-2021, 06:06 PM)jagman Wrote: One thing I learned about people is if they enjoy complaining and harboring negative thoughts it will continue in the future.  It doesn't matter if things change for the better, they will find fault with it.  It's just their nature.

Funny, I don't remember many people being "negative" in 2017.

Maybe some people are just realistic.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(10-23-2021, 06:06 PM)jagman Wrote: One thing I learned about people is if they enjoy complaining and harboring negative thoughts it will continue in the future.  It doesn't matter if things change for the better, they will find fault with it.  It's just their nature.

I've been painfully optimistic about every failed HC, GM, QB, 1st Rd pick (except LF) and on and on and on since Coughlin left. 

But I think Baalke and Meyer have laid a rotten egg in their time thus far.

They did a [BLEEP] job of analyzing what they had to work with and augmenting it with what was required to succeed.
Now, they've also gotten off to a craptastic start at implementing the talent they do have on Sundays.

I feel 100% justified in saying they've got a long way to go to earn any respect from me.
 Of course I hope they do figure it out, but they've [BLEEP] the bed so far.

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2021, 06:33 PM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-23-2021, 06:28 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:

Funny, I don't remember many people being "negative" in 2017.

Maybe some people are just realistic.

Bortles was getting the negativity in 2017. He was absorbing it all. There is plenty of negativity at any given time.

Feels good to have potential on offense now

Jimmy Johnson was a flop his first yeah. Yeah, I know, it's not the same. It never is until it suddenly is.

Unless there's another bootie grabbing controversy, I hope he gets a second year.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Meyer can lose the rest of the games this year and he will be back.  Khan has showed incredibly loyalty to his coaches and front office.  Although I'm don't think it was officially released, it's also heavily assumed that Meyer has a big contract with a ton of guaranteed money.  Khan isn't making a change after one year.  

I also find it unlikely that Meyer steps down.  If he leaves now, he will go down as a failed NFL coach.  If he stays, there's at least the possibility that he turns it around.

As for me, I do think you play out the season.  I don't think a mid-season coaching change does much and you should give people a chance.  That being said, up to this point, there's been virtually nothing shown to me to indicate that he was a good hire.  If was up to me, I would be working on my list of possible replacements.

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2021, 09:25 PM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

Possible replacements are not falling out of the sky. Jags get bad coaches for a reason. At least, we have a successful coach who wanted to be here. Yes, that was in college, and he is a rookie nfl coach just like his qb is a rookie too. Give it Time. Again, what a fun win that was to rewatch

I don’t change my stance about Meyer and bevell. We could be 3-3 if it wasn’t for idiotic decisions from them. But I also must say that the win was much better. But we got kind of lucky too. We were getting calls we don’t normally get. Also, they made another stupid 4th down decision. They both have a long way to go to make me change my mind about them. Seeing the team rally and somewhat rally around Meyer makes me think it may not be that bad in the locker room for them. But if we go on another losing streak, could be back in the same boat. Still not sold on them….
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

He's not getting fired unless he goes 0-17. And that can't happen. Even if he's 2-15, he doubles our wins from last year. Year two the seat will be hotter if we are still bad and not improving, and fired in year 3 if serious improvement isn't shown.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(10-23-2021, 10:32 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: I don’t change my stance about Meyer and bevell. We could be 3-3 if it wasn’t for idiotic decisions from them. But I also must say that the win was much better. But we got kind of lucky too. We were getting calls we don’t normally get. Also, they made another stupid 4th down decision. They both have a long way to go to make me change my mind about them. Seeing the team rally and somewhat rally around Meyer makes me think it may not be that bad in the locker room for them. But if we go on another losing streak, could be back in the same boat. Still not sold on them….

It think you are right about the record. Cincinnati should have been a win. Arizona should have been a win too. So that's 3-3. I think if the jags played Denver a few games later, that's a win. The titans and texans are losses one  cant refute even though the titans game had hope

(10-23-2021, 06:31 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: They did a [BLEEP] job of analyzing what they had to work with and augmenting it with what was required to succeed.
Now, they've also gotten off to a craptastic start at implementing the talent they do have on Sundays.

They did say that the o-line was the one part of this team that could remain stable while the rest of the squad required talent everywhere.  That announcement was met with universal derision on these boards.  Contrary to the mob's position, though, it's proven to be well-judged.  Reasoned, rational criticism of UM should at least start with that acknowledgement.