Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Smarter Every Day

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2021, 03:53 PM by homebiscuit. Edited 1 time in total.)

Hopefully other people watch this YouTube channel. I have been for a couple of years. If you haven't, Destin covers many subjects: from nuclear submarines to carburetors to how rockets are built, and gets access to do videos in some amazing places because of his content. 

This is an interesting one I think most people can understand and support. We don't really think about privacy much because of the convenience technology has bestowed upon us, but as Destin says, we're the frog in the pot of water. It's worth the watch, and check out some of his other videos. If you're the curious type, it's a very interesting channel.

https://youtu.be/KMtrY6lbjcY

This is one of his videos that always stuck with me. It's interesting and amusing. 

https://youtu.be/MFzDaBzBlL0

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-25-2021, 03:41 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Hopefully other people watch this YouTube channel. I have been for a couple of years. If you haven't, Destin covers many subjects: from nuclear submarines to carburetors to how rockets are built, and gets access to do videos in some amazing places because of his content. 

This is an interesting one I think most people can understand and support. We don't really think about privacy much because of the convenience technology has bestowed upon us, but as Destin says, we're the frog in the pot of water. It's worth the watch, and check out some of his other videos. If you're the curious type, it's a very interesting channel.

I used to be a real "tech geek", but over the last 10 years or so I've seen how it has turned "evil".

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(10-25-2021, 03:54 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(10-25-2021, 03:41 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Hopefully other people watch this YouTube channel. I have been for a couple of years. If you haven't, Destin covers many subjects: from nuclear submarines to carburetors to how rockets are built, and gets access to do videos in some amazing places because of his content. 

I used to be a real "tech geek", but over the last 10 years or so I've seen how it has turned "evil".

The good thing is he offers a viable solution. However, with the amount of money being made from our information, while technically achievable, is an uphill battle unless government regulation to forces them to do so. Then watch the lobby money flow like a river.