Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Biden Admin To Offer $450k to Illegals Who Were Separated From Kids

Obama doesn't count.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-28-2021, 10:03 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-28-2021, 09:55 PM)captivating Wrote: But the lawyers have stepped in now and unfortunately they are going to make someone pay for prior ineptitude.

Is that how you characterize Obama's border policy that Trump continued?

Obama didn't separate families who crossed together.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2021, 10:32 PM by homebiscuit.)

(10-28-2021, 10:20 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(10-28-2021, 10:03 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Is that how you characterize Obama's border policy that Trump continued?

Obama didn't separate families who crossed together.

Yes he did. If the parents were prosecuted for violating drug or other laws, they were separated. Trump took it a step further and prosecuted the parents for illegally entering. What also prompted it was the discovery that people were using children that weren't theirs to game the system. It was enforced to prevent child trafficking.

Someone needs to tell BLM that Biden is giving money to illegal immigrants but not to the ancestors of enslaved blacks. Let's go, GOP, now is the perfect opportunity to stir up the [BLEEP].

(10-28-2021, 10:03 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-28-2021, 09:55 PM)captivating Wrote: But the lawyers have stepped in now and unfortunately they are going to make someone pay for prior ineptitude.

Is that how you characterize Obama's border policy that Trump continued?

The lawyers are seeking compensation for the policy from April - June 2018. No more, no less.

(10-28-2021, 10:34 PM)captivating Wrote:
(10-28-2021, 10:03 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Is that how you characterize Obama's border policy that Trump continued?

The lawyers are seeking compensation for the policy from April - June 2018. No more, no less.

Because it's strictly a political move. 

Stick to pushing buttons and leave the thinking to others.

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2021, 10:48 PM by mikesez.)

(10-28-2021, 10:30 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-28-2021, 10:20 PM)mikesez Wrote: Obama didn't separate families who crossed together.

Yes he did. If the parents were prosecuted for violating drug or other laws, they were separated. Trump took it a step further and prosecuted the parents for illegally entering. What also prompted it was the discovery that people were using children that weren't theirs to game the system. It was enforced to prevent child trafficking.

That is a huge if.
Trump's people, at the time, said they were separating children as a deterrence to all crossers.  They did not say anything about this BS "drug lords hiding behind kids" theory.  That lame excuse came much later.
They were cruel people and there will be a price to pay for their cruelty.
See if anyone successfully sues over an Obama or Biden separation.  There are plenty of Republican appointed judges who might hear such a case.  But the cases are not there, chuck.

(10-28-2021, 10:48 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(10-28-2021, 10:30 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Yes he did. If the parents were prosecuted for violating drug or other laws, they were separated. Trump took it a step further and prosecuted the parents for illegally entering. What also prompted it was the discovery that people were using children that weren't theirs to game the system. It was enforced to prevent child trafficking.

That is a huge if.
Trump's people, at the time, said they were separating children as a deterrence to all crossers.  They did not say anything about this BS "drug lords hiding behind kids" theory.  That lame excuse came much later.
See if anyone successfully sues over an Obama or Biden separation.  There are plenty of Republican appointed judges who might hear such a case.  But the cases are not there, chuck.

Obama separated families. I said nothing about drug lords. It was proven that many children were of no relation to the adults who were accompanying them to the border. The entire reason for these lawsuits is purely political. It's obvious for all to see. Are you saying that Biden's policies of piling immigrants on the border in squalid conditions wasn't cruelty? Who should pay for that?

Don't worry, Mike, I'm not disparaging the people of your wife. I married a brown skinned girl from a [BLEEP] hole country myself. The difference being I did it long before it became a socially redeemable act.

(10-28-2021, 09:30 PM)captivating Wrote:
(10-28-2021, 08:14 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: I read the whole article.  And as a 1st generation Greek-American who is married to a 1st generation Peruvian-American, BOTH of whom came here thru legal immigration channels, I find this insulting, disgusting and outrageous.

Me too. The illegal seperation of children from adults IS disgusting and outrageous.  A bad / bungled policy that lasted from April 2018 - June 2018 will now cost taxpayers $1 billion

Did Trump force the "parents" to leave their kids behind? Their kids could have stayed with them in Mexico or been deported when they were deported. The "parents" didn't want the kids. They were willing to just give them to the government to do whatever with them.

The problem is they let the kids stay and should have sent them back too.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

(10-28-2021, 10:30 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Yes he did. If the parents were prosecuted for violating drug or other laws, they were separated. Trump took it a step further and prosecuted the parents for illegally entering. What also prompted it was the discovery that people were using children that weren't theirs to game the system. It was enforced to prevent child trafficking.

Trump's people, at the time, said they were separating children as a deterrence to all crossers.  

Oh my, a deterrent designed to prevent people from illegally entering the country!  If only we could accomplish this another way, maybe a wall?

If some guy breaks into your house in the middle of the night, do you want him arrested?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(10-29-2021, 06:48 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(10-28-2021, 10:48 PM)mikesez Wrote: Trump's people, at the time, said they were separating children as a deterrence to all crossers.  

Oh my, a deterrent designed to prevent people from illegally entering the country!  If only we could accomplish this another way, maybe a wall?

If some guy breaks into your house in the middle of the night, do you want him arrested?

Or write him a big fat undeserved check from money other people earned in the hopes he votes for your party sometime in the future. That’s how the game is played.

American born children are separated from their criminal parents thousands of times a day in this country. Shall all those folks get the $Fourfiddy as well? Lets Go Brandon.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

That is a huge if.

Understand this simple fact.

If they cross the border illegally, they are committing a crime. And they will be separated.

If they cross the border legally, they can enjoy all the amazing benefits of the United States.

It's truly that simple.

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2021, 12:14 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 2 times in total.)

If it's proposed that 450K be paid to those illegals separated from thier families, then perhaps we should retroactively pay at least an equal amount to those who emigrated to this country legally but had to leave loved ones behind as well due to INS laws/restrictions. I'll be expecting a check for at least 450k. Many others on here may as well. Reparations from the INS!
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

It’s Trump Derangement Syndrome with a checkbook of other people’s money.

Obama built the cages and the incentive.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(10-29-2021, 05:57 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: Obama built the cages and the incentive.

Shhhhhhhhh... we're not supposed to talk about that..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(10-29-2021, 05:57 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: Obama built the cages and the incentive.

And none of this would be an issue if Trump just put the parents in the cages with the kids.
Like Obama did.

(10-29-2021, 07:04 PM)mikesez Wrote:

And none of this would be an issue if Trump just put the parents in the cages with the kids.
Like Obama did.

Except many of them weren’t their parents.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(10-29-2021, 07:13 PM)copycat Wrote:
(10-29-2021, 07:04 PM)mikesez Wrote: And none of this would be an issue if Trump just put the parents in the cages with the kids.
Like Obama did.

Except many of them weren’t their parents.

One child separated from their parents at the border is too many, unless the parents committed some other crime besides simply crossing.

(10-29-2021, 10:07 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(10-29-2021, 07:13 PM)copycat Wrote: Except many of them weren’t their parents.

One child separated from their parents at the border is too many, unless the parents committed some other crime besides simply crossing.

Simply crossing is a crime.. That's why they're called illegal aliens when they cross, illegally..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]