Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Climate Change Conference? Why the 85 Car Motorcade Biden?

Biden's 85-vehicle motorcade a textbook example of hypocrisy from 'limousine liberals': Boothe

'The Big Saturday Show's' panelists uncovered the 'rules for thee, but not for me' hypocrisy of the modern left

Want proof that President Biden is just another "limousine liberal"? Check out his 85-vehicle motorcade through Rome this weekend ahead of Sunday's COP26 UN Climate Change Conference, says Fox News contributor Lisa Boothe.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/bidens-85-...ZfJdd77tIw
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

One of those cars in the motorcade is carrying diapers and clean underwear.

Hypocrisy at it's finest.

Trump traveled in huge motorcades too. The president requires a lot of security. Especially outside the US. Would you rather have less security?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(10-31-2021, 08:27 PM)mikesez Wrote: Trump traveled in huge motorcades too. The president requires a lot of security. Especially outside the US. Would you rather have less security?

For Biden? Yes..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Trump wasn't preaching about climate change. And there is no reason for 85 vehicles in a motorcade.

(10-31-2021, 08:46 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Trump wasn't preaching about climate change. And there is no reason for 85 vehicles in a motorcade.

So if you preach on climate change, your security needs change?
85 sounds like a lot, I agree, but I'm not qualified to say what the right number should be.  Are you?

(10-31-2021, 10:08 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(10-31-2021, 08:46 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Trump wasn't preaching about climate change. And there is no reason for 85 vehicles in a motorcade.

So if you preach on climate change, your security needs change?
85 sounds like a lot, I agree, but I'm not qualified to say what the right number should be.  Are you?

The right number is DON'T GO when the country you lead is facing more crisis' than any moment in recent history.

Real simple - practice what you preach. Do a virtual conference that has minimal impact on the environment compared to flying overseas, 85 car motorcade, etc.

[Image: 127949-alrhlfskvl-1569392452.jpg]

(10-31-2021, 11:05 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: Real simple - practice what you preach.  Do a virtual conference that has minimal impact on the environment compared to flying overseas, 85 car motorcade, etc.

Exactly.

(10-31-2021, 11:05 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: Real simple - practice what you preach.  Do a virtual conference that has minimal impact on the environment compared to flying overseas, 85 car motorcade, etc.

Putin sent a video recording in, and Xi sent a letter, rather than attend in person.  Other nations are perceiving both as a lack of commitment to the issue, not an attempt to be more green.

(11-01-2021, 07:10 AM)mikesez Wrote:

Putin sent a video recording in, and Xi sent a letter, rather than attend in person.  Other nations are perceiving both as a lack of commitment to the issue, not an attempt to be more green.

Which shows just how upside down the entire climate cult movement is.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

My county abandoned recycling and I am supposed to believe climate change is a serious thing? These are not the actions of a county with only 10 years to live.

(11-01-2021, 08:35 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: My county abandoned recycling and I am supposed to believe climate change is a serious thing? These are not the actions of a county with only 10 years to live.

Recycling actually costs more and is less efficient then just making things normally.

In fact, it's considered a leach on the economy because it supplies almost nothing while paying hundreds to do work that has no profit either to the community or the environment. Recycling is one of the biggest farces ever.

(11-01-2021, 09:49 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 08:35 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: My county abandoned recycling and I am supposed to believe climate change is a serious thing? These are not the actions of a county with only 10 years to live.

Recycling actually costs more and is less efficient then just making things normally.

In fact, it's considered a leach on the economy because it supplies almost nothing while paying hundreds to do work that has no profit either to the community or the environment. Recycling is one of the biggest farces ever.

It's a government jobs program to create Democrat voters much like the TSA.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Recycling has minimal environmental benefits.  Managing solid waste is way down the list of environmental problems. 
Controlling CO2 in the atmosphere is at the top, by a lot.
We need to be switching to low carbon sources of energy.  Changing 85 cars to electric is small potatoes.  We need to be changing our electric utilities, that's the main problem.

(11-01-2021, 11:56 AM)mikesez Wrote:

Recycling has minimal environmental benefits.  Managing solid waste is way down the list of environmental problems. 
Controlling CO2 in the atmosphere is at the top, by a lot.
We need to be switching to low carbon sources of energy.  Changing 85 cars to electric is small potatoes.  We need to be changing our electric utilities, that's the main problem.

On a serious note - I'm actually all for reducing reliance on fossil fuels. I have solar panels that generate nearly 100% of my electricity needs, and what I need from the grid comes 100% from solar power.  But this whole argument is flawed.  It's not a one or the other proposition, it's an all or all proposition that we need.  Keep America energy independent and never import oil again.  Stop importing wind turbines and solar panels from foreign countries like China.  

There are lots of issues that could be addressed in a bi-partisan manner, but no one is willing to compromise and make common sense decisions.

Biden’s carbon-neutral motorcade

???https://t.co/hLiw1BcywY

Agree.  If you are preaching about climate change, you should not be traveling in an 85 car motorcade nor should all the participants be taking private jets to get there.  Apparently, there were 400 private jets used to transport participants to the conference.