Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Climate Change Conference? Why the 85 Car Motorcade Biden?

(11-02-2021, 09:09 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(10-31-2021, 08:46 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Trump wasn't preaching about climate change. And there is no reason for 85 vehicles in a motorcade.

Agree.  If you are preaching about climate change, you should not be traveling in an 85 car motorcade nor should all the participants be taking private jets to get there.  Apparently, there were 400 private jets used to transport participants to the conference.

Do you think they recognize their own hypocrisy? Do you think he's just pandering for votes? 

Or do they just not give a [BLEEP]?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-02-2021, 09:20 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(11-02-2021, 09:09 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Agree.  If you are preaching about climate change, you should not be traveling in an 85 car motorcade nor should all the participants be taking private jets to get there.  Apparently, there were 400 private jets used to transport participants to the conference.

Do you think they recognize their own hypocrisy? Do you think he's just pandering for votes? 

They don't care. There is a large enough part of their base that will continue to push this farce for them no matter what

(11-02-2021, 09:29 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-02-2021, 09:20 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Do you think they recognize their own hypocrisy? Do you think he's just pandering for votes? 

They don't care. There is a large enough part of their base that will continue to push this farce for them no matter what

Most don't really care and others think that they can simply buy carbon offsets -- it's all about votes for politicians.    This is where I agree that Trump was not hypocritical in this manner because he never believed in global warming to begin with.  I do certain things that are considered detrimental to climate control but I'm not up on the stage preaching about it either.  Heck, when I lived in Pittsburgh, I used to joke around about getting my aerosol can and spraying it up toward the sky in hopes that I could lengthen our summers.

It's the combo of wealth transfer and power grab.... the basis for all great policies.

(This post was last modified: 11-02-2021, 07:26 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-02-2021, 06:48 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: It's the combo of wealth transfer and power grab.... the basis for all great policies.

Pledging to stop deforestation and regulate the release of methane from oil wells might be a power grab but it's not a wealth transfer.

But if you define power grab that broadly, every new thing that government does is a power grab.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Lol, there's a TON of wealth transfer with these policies. What are you talking about?

So many private jets, and transport for nearly 100 vehicles for poopy pants.

WE CARE ABOUT THE CLIMATE THO!!!!

Horse pucky.
[Image: nissan-gtr-greta-thunberg-eyes-rear-ligh...lights.jpg]
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(11-02-2021, 10:32 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: So many private jets, and transport for nearly 100 vehicles for poopy pants.

WE CARE ABOUT THE CLIMATE THO!!!!

Horse pucky.
[Image: nissan-gtr-greta-thunberg-eyes-rear-ligh...lights.jpg]

That... is [BLEEP] hilarious lololol
[Image: SaKG4.gif]