Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Hate to say it, but yeah Urban can go.

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2021, 05:35 PM by Mandeezee. Edited 1 time in total.)

If he's not going coach the team and hold the assistant coaches accountable.

All I see him doing is looking FLABBERGASTED on the sideline.

And I was one of the only ones ecstatic at his hiring. He's clearly a different man now.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-31-2021, 05:33 PM)Mandeezee Wrote: If he's not going coach the team and hold the assistant coaches accountable.

All I see him doing is looking FLABBERGASTED on the sideline.

And I was one of the only ones ecstatic at his hiring. He's clearly a different man now.

Odd, I see the same guy. Someone who is really good at convincing an abundance of exceptional players to come to his team but who doesn't have a lot to do with their development and play after they arrive. Which makes him distinctly unsuitable for the pros where you can't recruit and every team has exceptional players who actually have to be coached.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

This [BLEEP] ain't gonna work
*shrug*

The really worrying thing about Urban is in games when he has plenty of time to get the team prepared the team looks its worst.

Apparently he needed some better coordinators because it doesn't appear urban brings anything but....well what does he bring...

At this point, im 100% ready to see him go.

He doesn't seem to be providing anything positive for us.

Yep, he has had some positive moments, but overwhelmingly negative.

I’m on board with cutting ties this team looks worse than last year
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Fire this [BLEEP]

I thought Urban would be a good X's and O's guy that could bring some creativity to the offense.

Team has looked totally unprepared and undisciplined. But - this isn't unusual for a rookie HC and especially with a. rookie QB. If you go around firing the HC after 1 bad year, then you aren't going to hire good candidates in the future. Khan isn't likely going to want to pay Meyer for his entire contract after 1 season of work either.

So - UM is going to stay at least another year.

(10-31-2021, 07:12 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: I thought Urban would be a good X's and O's guy that could bring some creativity to the offense. 

Team has looked totally unprepared and undisciplined.  But - this isn't unusual for a rookie HC and especially with a. rookie QB.  If you go around firing the HC after 1 bad year, then you aren't going to hire good candidates in the future.  Khan isn't likely going to want to pay Meyer for his entire contract after 1 season of work either. 

So - UM is going to stay at least another year.

Bro every other head coach has been kept for multiple seasons under Khan.  Urban is an embarrassment.  Kindly [BLEEP] off.

We cant make any changes until we ruin every positive feeling associated with drafting Trevor Lawrence. Only then will the job be done.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

I dont want to pay Urban to go away. We will just have to hope the shame makes him go at this point.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2021, 07:51 PM by Preach.)

I'm not sure it is Urban. How many coaches are we going to go through? There's something fundamentally wrong with this team and I don't know what.
Here we go again

(10-31-2021, 07:51 PM)Preach Wrote: I'm not sure it is Urban. How many coaches are we going to go through? There's something fundamentally wrong with this team and I don't know what.

I mean, we really only did a full coaching search and missed on Bradley. Marrone was dumb because he was handed the interim job after two dead cat bounce games, and Shad had Meyer laser eyed the entire time.

Can anyone tell me with a straight face that if you transplanted the Saints' staff and FO to Jax back in February we wouldn't be seeing a much better team right now?

(Saints are just one example of several)

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2021, 08:18 PM by Bullseye.)

(10-31-2021, 05:56 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: The really worrying thing about Urban is in games when he has plenty of time to get the team prepared the team looks its worst.

This is especially damning considering the Seahawks were coming off a short week.

(10-31-2021, 08:14 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Can anyone tell me with a straight face that if you transplanted the Saints' staff and FO to Jax back in February we wouldn't be seeing a much better team right now?

There would be a night and day difference.

Maybe not so much record wise because there are stil some major talent deficiencies that would hinder any coach.

But in terms of preparedness...and overall performance....yes.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

The owner is to blame. He is too patient, too stubborn, and really has only succeeded at keeping the team in Jacksonville. We have had an illusion of success one out of his many failed years ruining the franchise.

We finally pick first get an exciting player and we follow up blow extra picks and getting nothing out of the draft. It is so frustrating being a fan of this crude show. I would like to see some positives but they just can't do anything. This team has a punter and a QB. Have a potential star in Allen but no way to feature him.

Sucks
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

#fireurbanmeyer

(10-31-2021, 08:14 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Can anyone tell me with a straight face that if you transplanted the Saints' staff and FO to Jax back in February we wouldn't be seeing a much better team right now?

I'll do you one better: This team would look better with Caldwell and Marrone.