Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Impressions From The Seahawks Game

(10-31-2021, 09:44 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(10-31-2021, 08:08 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Urban Meyer was given the keys to this house many months ago.

He had control over virtually every decision made throughout an offseason featuring amazing draft capital and a wealth of free agent money to spend. 

When the product we saw today is the result of the above rare opportunity, there is literally no way in hell the blame for this degree of ineptitude is not placed squarely at Urban Meyer's feet. 

He is failing at every turn.

mr short term memory...we were 1-15 last year...you can't replace everyone in one season.... one draft and free agency isn't going to fix it...why is common sense and being realistic so hard for some people on here ..

THEY GOT WORSE!!!   NOT BETTER!!!  What brand of common sense makes that OK? 

Teams in the modern era are absolutely capable of going from 1-15 to .500. 
We've seen it many times from franchises that didn't have the luxury of tons of draft capital (including the #1 pick with a sure fire QB) plus tons of cap space. 

This regime pissed away an opportunity to pull this team out of the basement and instead dug a deeper hole. 

If you are content going from 1-15 to 3-14 then you have horribly low standards.  I don't. 
These guys are getting paid big bucks to make this team relevantly competitive and they are failing at every single turn.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The saddest part to me is thinking about how things have actually gone our way this year too. In just the last 4 games we faced the Bengals without Bates Higgins and a few other key starters, the Dolphins with maybe their 4 best players out, and now the Seahawks without their MVP caliber QB. We could have been lined up to have a sneaky good year if we Shad had hired a competant front office.

(10-31-2021, 10:48 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-31-2021, 09:44 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: mr short term memory...we were 1-15 last year...you can't replace everyone in one season.... one draft and free agency isn't going to fix it...why is common sense and being realistic so hard for some people on here ..

THEY GOT WORSE!!!   NOT BETTER!!!  What brand of common sense makes that OK? 

Teams in the modern era are absolutely capable of going from 1-15 to .500. 
We've seen it many times from franchises that didn't have the luxury of tons of draft capital (including the #1 pick with a sure fire QB) plus tons of cap space. 

This regime pissed away an opportunity to pull this team out of the basement and instead dug a deeper hole. 

If you are content going from 1-15 to 3-14 then you have horribly low standards.  I don't. 
These guys are getting paid big bucks to make this team relevantly competitive and they are failing at every single turn.

I agree.  I've said this before, but it's worth repeating.  The NFL stands for "Not For Long".  Teams can and do turn it around quickly.  Teams with long rebuilds are due to one or more of the following:

1.  Salary Cap Issues  
2.  Lack of Draft Picks
3.  No opportunity to acquire a franchise quarterback
4.  They make bad moves.

As for #1, this didn't apply.  Some bad teams have a bad salary cap situation which takes a couple of years to get out of.  That can slow your rebuild by a couple of years.  That's not the case here.  Not only did the Jaguars not have a salary cap situation, but they had huge amounts of money under the cap.  They went into the offseason with more money available under the cap that any other team in the NFL.  As for #2, again, doesn't apply here.  Not only did we still have all of our original picks, but we had multiple extra picks including extra picks in the first and second round.  As for #3, they had Trevor Lawrence sitting there for the taking.  It leaves #4.  If this team has a long rebuild, it's because Meyer/Baalke made bad moves.

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2021, 12:18 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

This loss has left me speechless. I am at a loss for words. I just don't get it.

(11-01-2021, 12:17 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: This loss has left me speechless. I am at a loss for words. I just don't get it.

Yep.

Each time the team loses, I think "this one hurts." But today's loss blew them all out of the water.

This season is beginning to rival Malarkey's season as the worst season I've ever had to suffer through.

The only positive I can take away from today is that the players were saying the performance was embarrassing, which is at least more than they were saying during the Gus years. Other than that, the only impression I could take away from this game is that this season is spiraling out of control.
"The season's not over... we still have a bunch of games to lose..." - TemporaryName

"The middle of the field is like Narnia to us, we don't believe it really exists" - Marvsin

They do need to go and Shad needs to have someone else help him hire the new staff and front office he doesn't make great choices.
No Fun

The texans game and this one are the only 2 games where I felt this team just couldn't win. Let's hope the team regroups and plays better next week

This team is snake bitten when playing on the west coast. It always has been.

(11-01-2021, 05:46 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: This team is snake bitten when playing on the west coast. It always has been.

This wasn't snake bitten.

This was some string of bad luck, unfortunate bounces, etc.

This team was sloppy and undisciplined. 

This team was unprepared,

This team was beaten in all three phases of the game.

To me, this is one of the worst losses since we lost to Oakland at home in 2016.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(11-01-2021, 04:57 AM)nhiverson Wrote: They do need to go and Shad needs to have someone else help him hire the new staff and front office he doesn't make great choices.

Considering Khan was educated as an engineer I'd hope he could understand the wisdom of the crowd and put it to use.

He could poll the season ticket holders from the last 10 years on which GM he should hire, and let the GM hire the next coach.

Clearly Khan doesn't get it, and I wouldn't trust him to pick the right advisors to actually help him hire the right guy, but I think the fans (in aggregate)  could do a better job at picking a GM than Khan has.

Of course all of that hinges on Khan recognizing what an incredible mistake he made putting Meyer on charge. However, so far in his tenure he's been unable to admit fault quickly and move on.

(11-01-2021, 06:08 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 05:46 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: This team is snake bitten when playing on the west coast. It always has been.

This wasn't snake bitten.

To me, this is one of the worst losses since we lost to Oakland at home in 2016.

To make matters worse, the radio says Seattle only had 229 yards of offense. Wow.

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2021, 07:08 AM by Bullseye. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-01-2021, 07:01 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 06:08 AM)Bullseye Wrote: This wasn't snake bitten.

To make matters worse, the radio says Seattle only had 229 yards of offense. Wow.
I heard that.  You'd never guess that watching the game.  They absolutely had their way with our defense. Thing is, it seems every time we go out there, they are missing key players, adn they still destroy us. I remember going out there a few years back, and their OL was decimated. They were missing both tackles as I recall. Jaguars fans were hopeful the pass rush would have a big game. We got skunked 41-0.

Yesterday, they were missing, among others, Russell freaking Wilson. We have a chance right?

Bzzy.

Geno Smith looked great and spanked us.

(11-01-2021, 07:04 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 07:01 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: To make matters worse, the radio says Seattle only had 229 yards of offense. Wow.
I heard that.  You'd never guess that watching the game.  They absolutely had their way with our defense.  Thing is, it seems every time we go out there, they are missing key players, adn they still destroy us.  I remember going out there a few years back, and their OL was decimated.  They were missing both tackles as I recall.  Jaguars fans were hopeful the pass rush would have a big game.  We got skunked 41-0.

Yesterday, they were missing, among others, Russell freaking Wilson.  We have a chance right?

Bzzy.

We seem to have a habit of making journeymen QBs look like all stars. Go figure.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2021, 09:03 AM by Mikey.)

(10-31-2021, 07:58 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I drunk a few beers and took a muscle relaxer..

Pretty good game..

I watched the first half, ate dinner and got the kids ready to go trick or treating. Came home, got them ready for bed, sprawled on the couch, and found the DVR decided not to record the game. It was the first time I expressed sincere gratitude to a piece of electronics.

(10-31-2021, 08:07 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(10-31-2021, 08:01 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: You're trying to be satirical, but you hit the nail on the head.

it's sarcastic...and ya I'm making fun... blaming it on one person is idiotic....

ok, Urban's and the assistant coaches' faults. There is a disconnect somewhere. We can't even substitute properly, that's either a sign that they are not teaching these players to do things right, or the coaches are playing guys too dumb to figure out that one in = one out.

that better?

(11-01-2021, 07:17 AM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 07:04 AM)Bullseye Wrote: I heard that.  You'd never guess that watching the game.  They absolutely had their way with our defense.  Thing is, it seems every time we go out there, they are missing key players, adn they still destroy us.  I remember going out there a few years back, and their OL was decimated.  They were missing both tackles as I recall.  Jaguars fans were hopeful the pass rush would have a big game.  We got skunked 41-0.

Yesterday, they were missing, among others, Russell freaking Wilson.  We have a chance right?

Bzzy.

We seem to have a habit of making journeymen QBs look like all stars. Go figure.

Well, when you trade away the top 3-4 CBs and top 2 pass rushers we've had over the past three years, then don't sufficiently replace them despite spending premium draft capital trying to do so, that's what you get.

(10-31-2021, 09:28 PM)Mandeezee Wrote: Cullen should be forbidden from ever calling man to man this season, and Bevell should be fired. Bevell's offensive design is awful.

Something has Shenault disgruntled. Does he want to play RB or is he not happy with the lack of faith this regime has in him. I'm sure he's at least as fast as Mike Williams of the Saints and they have no problem sending him deep. Giving it consideration...I think that is a genesis of some malcontent on this team.

I think Agnew is hungry and stealing his snaps. One way to get the snaps back, kid.

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2021, 09:07 AM by jaglyn. Edited 1 time in total.)

We probably extended Geno's career another 5 years. Maybe not at Seattle, but other teams will continue to hire him as a back-up QB. Just because teams like the Jags allow him to have performances like this

(10-31-2021, 09:44 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(10-31-2021, 08:08 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Urban Meyer was given the keys to this house many months ago.

He had control over virtually every decision made throughout an offseason featuring amazing draft capital and a wealth of free agent money to spend. 

When the product we saw today is the result of the above rare opportunity, there is literally no way in hell the blame for this degree of ineptitude is not placed squarely at Urban Meyer's feet. 

He is failing at every turn.

mr short term memory...we were 1-15 last year...you can't replace everyone in one season.... one draft and free agency isn't going to fix it...why is common sense and being realistic so hard for some people on here ..

You know, I was going to reply to the OP about this, but you make the point perfectly well....the most depressing part of Bullseye's post wasn't the futility on the field, the delated performance after a bye, it was the Rookie Watch.

I get that Etienne is not available. We came into this offseason with keys to unlock so much, and we have one guy to show for it that is doing anything worth mentioning. Show me any other team that went into a draft with the picks that we did and have as little performance from it. That is a problem that will have grave implications for years if it doesn't get better soon.

(11-01-2021, 09:00 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(10-31-2021, 07:58 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I drunk a few beers and took a muscle relaxer..

Pretty good game..

I watched the first half, ate dinner and got the kids ready to go trick or treating. Came home, got them ready for bed, sprawled on the couch, and found the DVR decided not to record the game. It was the first time I expressed sincere gratitude to a piece of electronics.

(10-31-2021, 08:07 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: it's sarcastic...and ya I'm making fun... blaming it on one person is idiotic....

ok, Urban's and the assistant coaches' faults. There is a disconnect somewhere. We can't even substitute properly, that's either a sign that they are not teaching these players to do things right, or the coaches are playing guys too dumb to figure out that one in = one out.
that better?

Urban: "The Buck stops somewhere over there. I'll have to check with those guys to see where."
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Only thing I can say about this game is ... OOPS!
A new broom always sweeps clean.