Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Impressions From The Seahawks Game

(10-31-2021, 08:58 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(10-31-2021, 08:28 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: I am genuinely concerned about the future of this franchise despite drafting Trevor.

Ditto.

Considering the complete lack of any positive contributions from any rookie not named Trevor Lawrence, I have little faith in Baalke's and UM's ability to draft players that can improve this team in enough numbers to turn this thing around.

Considering we have to have one of the largest coaching staffs, if not the largest, I am dismayed at the poor coaching exhibited.  The extra coaches do not translate into more effective communication.  The extra coaches do not translate into less confusion, whether it's what personnel belongs on the field, or what coverage the team is supposed to be in.

Considering we've had productive player after productive player leave us prematurely, I have serious doubts about Shad Khan's ability to retain superior talent, even assuming Baalker and UM manages to draft good to great players and the excessively large coaching staff can actually develop and utilize them effectively.

Not just the rookies or draft. What I see, or maybe just feel like, is that  the HC and GM who have preached "VALUE" in acquiring players both through the draft and in FA, have focused more on value than talent (TL was a no brainer and much needed piece). An analogy I would use would be, " You can't run a race car on gas from a convenience store gas pump and expect to keep up with the rest of the cars on the track". (Maybe not such a good analogy, but I'm stupid. Don't expect too much from me). It seems that the roster is mostly composed of "Mid Grade" talent.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-01-2021, 10:36 AM)wrong_box Wrote: Not just the rookies or draft. What I see, or maybe just feel like, is that  the HC and GM who have preached "VALUE" in acquiring players both through the draft and in FA, have focused more on value than talent (TL was a no brainer and much needed piece). An analogy I would use would be, " You can't run a race car on gas from a convenience store gas pump and expect to keep up with the rest of the cars on the track". (Maybe not such a good analogy, but I'm stupid. Don't expect too much from me). It seems that the roster is mostly composed of "Mid Grade" talent.

To use your analogy, my issue is that this FO will keep going to the convenience store gas pump and think they just got race fuel.

And even worse, we have guys like Cisco just riding the bench when we DESPERATELY need playmakers on the field, so even if we happened to have "race fuel", we're not using it.

I have no faith in this FO and coaching staff in leading this team in the right direction - and it's better to sever ties sooner, rather than later, to avoid prolonging this team's demise and ineptitude.

(11-01-2021, 10:48 AM)enigma Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 10:36 AM)wrong_box Wrote: Not just the rookies or draft. What I see, or maybe just feel like, is that  the HC and GM who have preached "VALUE" in acquiring players both through the draft and in FA, have focused more on value than talent (TL was a no brainer and much needed piece). An analogy I would use would be, " You can't run a race car on gas from a convenience store gas pump and expect to keep up with the rest of the cars on the track". (Maybe not such a good analogy, but I'm stupid. Don't expect too much from me). It seems that the roster is mostly composed of "Mid Grade" talent.

To use your analogy, my issue is that this FO will keep going to the convenience store gas pump and think they just got race fuel.

And even worse, we have guys like Cisco just riding the bench when we DESPERATELY need playmakers on the field, so even if we happened to have "race fuel", we're not using it.

I have no faith in this FO and coaching staff in leading this team in the right direction - and it's better to sever ties sooner, rather than later, to avoid prolonging this team's demise and ineptitude.

This FO built an Amish race car.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-01-2021, 10:50 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 10:48 AM)enigma Wrote: To use your analogy, my issue is that this FO will keep going to the convenience store gas pump and think they just got race fuel.

This FO built an Amish race car.

Been spending most our lives living in an Amish Paradise.

Next Gen stat of the game: Josh Allen earned five QB pressures and two sacks on 19 pass-rush snaps (only Jags player with more than one pressure).
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

This team has TLaw, JRob, Josh Allen.
Everyone else is either a ? Like Cisco and some other rookies or replaceable.

(11-01-2021, 10:51 AM)Kane Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 10:50 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: This FO built an Amish race car.

Been spending most our lives living in an Amish Paradise.

I know I'm a million times as humble as thou art.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-01-2021, 09:11 AM)Mikey Wrote: You know, I was going to reply to the OP about this, but you make the point perfectly well....the most depressing part of Bullseye's post wasn't the futility on the field, the delated performance after a bye, it was the Rookie Watch.

I get that Etienne is not available. We came into this offseason with keys to unlock so much, and we have one guy to show for it that is doing anything worth mentioning. Show me any other team that went into a draft with the picks that we did and have as little performance from it. That is a problem that will have grave implications for years if it doesn't get better soon.

Yea I agree, this is the one area that has been a big disappointment for me this entire time.  Up until yesterday I hadn’t been all that disappointed with the season.  I knew our record would be lousy.  And there would be a big learning curve for Lawrence as well as Meyer.  I had pretty low expectations.  I was a little surprised by how bad we looked the first couple games but after that you could see improvement on a game by game basis.  And it felt like we were beginning to turn a corner.  Yesterday was a huge step backward though.  I know our talent isn’t good but the coaches need to turn the ship quickly or it’ll be full disaster.  Even if the wins aren't always there, this needs to be a competitive team and you need to see improvement.

The draft class however has been a constant disappointment for me from the beginning.  This team is not very talented.  And we had 5 really high draft picks.  To have any semblance of a good team that could at least be playing competitive football games that mattered in December, you needed major production from most of those 5.  I know a lot of people hated the Etienne pick because of his position.  I’ve made the point a few times that I think offensive skill positions are too fluid these days to matter.  We desperately need his playmaking ability on this team.  Aside from Lawrence, he was the one player we really needed to stay healthy.  No big play potential from anyone.  Such a blow that he got hurt.  Injuries happen, bad luck.  Campbell has been a terrible pick so far.  Not only does he not turn his head in coverage, he just gets flat out beat far too often.  And if the coaches misjudged his ability and cleared out the secondary room thinking Campbell could handle things, they made a terrible calculation.  Henderson and Jones don’t seem to be world beaters with their new teams but Campbell isn’t ready.  And then Little and Cisco.  Those are luxury picks for teams that have depth and a core group of great players.  Maybe in a couple years those will be great picks.  But for a team that needs an influx of talent that is ready to play, I don’t think it was worth the long term gamble.  Part of me can make the argument you bench Taylor (or slide him inside) to give Little experience.  Fully expecting him to be a starter next year.  If not, wasted draft pick.  As long as he isn't getting Lawrence killed, play him.  As far as Cisco, again put him in and get him experience.  I think the Winguard hate on this board is stupid and irrational.  He is a fine player in his role and has done little to cause our defensive woes.  But he isn’t a playmaker and he doesn’t create turnovers (aside from the rare INT).  That is apparently what Cisco does and why he was so highly regarded in college before his injury.  If the guy is healthy, we need to play him.  If he is awful and starts getting beat over the top, put Winguard back in.  But if he isn’t a huge liability back there, we need to see if he can start generating some big plays on defense because nobody else can.

The biggest impression from yesterday was the one Urban Meyer's corpse left in the turf when he got run over by a good coach.

I knew we would lose due to west coast but not like this. Team looked pathetic coming off a bye week. No excuses F- from both coaches and players.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(11-01-2021, 11:19 AM)rfc17 Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 09:11 AM)Mikey Wrote: You know, I was going to reply to the OP about this, but you make the point perfectly well....the most depressing part of Bullseye's post wasn't the futility on the field, the delated performance after a bye, it was the Rookie Watch.

I get that Etienne is not available. We came into this offseason with keys to unlock so much, and we have one guy to show for it that is doing anything worth mentioning. Show me any other team that went into a draft with the picks that we did and have as little performance from it. That is a problem that will have grave implications for years if it doesn't get better soon.

Yea I agree, this is the one area that has been a big disappointment for me this entire time.  Up until yesterday I hadn’t been all that disappointed with the season.  I knew our record would be lousy.  And there would be a big learning curve for Lawrence as well as Meyer.  I had pretty low expectations.  I was a little surprised by how bad we looked the first couple games but after that you could see improvement on a game by game basis.  And it felt like we were beginning to turn a corner.  Yesterday was a huge step backward though.  I know our talent isn’t good but the coaches need to turn the ship quickly or it’ll be full disaster.  Even if the wins aren't always there, this needs to be a competitive team and you need to see improvement.

The draft class however has been a constant disappointment for me from the beginning.  This team is not very talented.  And we had 5 really high draft picks.  To have any semblance of a good team that could at least be playing competitive football games that mattered in December, you needed major production from most of those 5.  I know a lot of people hated the Etienne pick because of his position.  I’ve made the point a few times that I think offensive skill positions are too fluid these days to matter.  We desperately need his playmaking ability on this team.  Aside from Lawrence, he was the one player we really needed to stay healthy.  No big play potential from anyone.  Such a blow that he got hurt.  Injuries happen, bad luck.  Campbell has been a terrible pick so far.  Not only does he not turn his head in coverage, he just gets flat out beat far too often.  And if the coaches misjudged his ability and cleared out the secondary room thinking Campbell could handle things, they made a terrible calculation.  Henderson and Jones don’t seem to be world beaters with their new teams but Campbell isn’t ready.  And then Little and Cisco.  Those are luxury picks for teams that have depth and a core group of great players.  Maybe in a couple years those will be great picks.  But for a team that needs an influx of talent that is ready to play, I don’t think it was worth the long term gamble.  Part of me can make the argument you bench Taylor (or slide him inside) to give Little experience.  Fully expecting him to be a starter next year.  If not, wasted draft pick.  As long as he isn't getting Lawrence killed, play him.  As far as Cisco, again put him in and get him experience.  I think the Winguard hate on this board is stupid and irrational.  He is a fine player in his role and has done little to cause our defensive woes.  But he isn’t a playmaker and he doesn’t create turnovers (aside from the rare INT).  That is apparently what Cisco does and why he was so highly regarded in college before his injury.  If the guy is healthy, we need to play him.  If he is awful and starts getting beat over the top, put Winguard back in.  But if he isn’t a huge liability back there, we need to see if he can start generating some big plays on defense because nobody else can.

This post sums it up for me

(11-01-2021, 11:49 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I knew we would lose due to west coast us being the Jags but not like this. Team looked pathetic coming off a bye week. No excuses F- from both coaches and players.

Fixed

(10-31-2021, 09:19 PM)Upper Wrote:
(10-31-2021, 08:28 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: I am genuinely concerned about the future of this franchise despite drafting Trevor.

The faster that Shad comes to his senses and realizes this regime is Grigson/Pagano with Andrew Luck and not Jimmy Johnson with Aikman the better.

This may be more like Mayhew/Schwartz with Stafford.

(11-01-2021, 01:22 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote:
(10-31-2021, 09:19 PM)Upper Wrote: The faster that Shad comes to his senses and realizes this regime is Grigson/Pagano with Andrew Luck and not Jimmy Johnson with Aikman the better.

This may be more like Mayhew/Schwartz with Stafford.

At least Schwartz can coach defense.  What can Meyer coach?  (Insert gratuitous bimbo reference here.)
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(11-02-2021, 06:42 AM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 01:22 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote: This may be more like Mayhew/Schwartz with Stafford.

At least Schwartz can coach defense.  What can Meyer coach?  (Insert gratuitous bimbo reference here.)

I heard he's popular in Nebraska.

(11-02-2021, 08:55 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-02-2021, 06:42 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: At least Schwartz can coach defense.  What can Meyer coach?  (Insert gratuitous bimbo reference here.)

I heard he's popular in Nebraska.

I'd probably swap him out for Scott Frost right now.

Not that I think Frost would be a good NFL coach, just believe in Urbs that little