Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rams getting Von Miller for 2 second day picks

dang !!  every day is like Christmas for Jalen out there.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

They’re the best team in the NFC to me.

They can beat you in so many different ways. And now that they have Stafford (maybe the most underrated QB the last 20 years), they should be the NFC favorites.

(11-01-2021, 12:35 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: They’re the best team in the NFC to me.

They can beat you in so many different ways. And now that they have Stafford (maybe the most underrated QB the last 20 years), they should be the NFC favorites.

Playoffs will definitely be fun to watch.   

NFC is loaded with the Rams, Bucs, Pack, and Cowboys (assuming Dak is back) 

AFC is pretty balanced with the edge to the Bills

If Rams win super bowl then I guess all the trades paid off. They look great this definitely helps.
No Fun

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2021, 01:43 PM by Kane. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-01-2021, 12:52 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

Playoffs will definitely be fun to watch.   

I think the AFC is weak compared to NFC. 
Boys, Cards, Pack, Rams.... Who in the AFC can beat them? I mean [BLEEP] the Bills struggled vs the Phins yesterday. And they seem like the cream of the AFC crop. Especially if Henry is done for the season, tacks will struggle from here out.

How poorly run is that Lions org? Geez they cost Stafford half his career. 
Is that what we're gonna do to Trevor?
Confused

Rams have been mortgaging thier future big time. They better win this year, cuase it's now or bust.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

The Rams front office really, really hates draft picks.

(11-01-2021, 02:16 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: The Rams front office really, really hates draft picks.

Why roll the dice when you buy a sure thing?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-01-2021, 02:21 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 02:16 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: The Rams front office really, really hates draft picks.

If you think you're one player away, that's fine, but eventually, the cap is gonna get you with all these high priced players. Not to mention that a team full of veterans will age very quickly compared to other players in the league. How will you replace them when you get over the cap and you have no draft picks left? They are going for it all right now, but eventually, these moves will catch up with them.

(11-01-2021, 02:30 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 02:21 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Why roll the dice when you buy a sure thing?

If you think you're one player away, that's fine, but eventually, the cap is gonna get you with all these high priced players. Not to mention that a team full of veterans will age very quickly compared to other players in the league. How will you replace them when you get over the cap and you have no draft picks left? They are going for it all right now, but eventually, these moves will catch up with them.
Well since they started pulling off these trades, they have had three winning seasons, one playoff season and are currently tied for the best record in the NFL.  

The Jaguars have taken the opposite approach-purging the team of talent and accumulating draft picks, and we have netted 2 wins in our last 24 games, including losing 20 straight.  All we have netted from our picks is Trevor Lawrence (admittedly a great get) and a slightly above pedestrian TE.

Neither approach is guaranteed a Super Bowl, but at least the Rams can claim they went all out to get one with three winning seasons to show for it.  We can't make that claim.

Furthermore, assuming the worst case scenario for the Rams, could they honestly be any worse than we are?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(11-01-2021, 02:21 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Why roll the dice when you buy a sure thing?

Think the rich just got richer.

They have a solid two year window I think and won't need the 2022 draft picks. But they're gonna have to pump the breaks on those big moves moving forward for sure.

(11-01-2021, 02:45 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 02:30 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: If you think you're one player away, that's fine, but eventually, the cap is gonna get you with all these high priced players. Not to mention that a team full of veterans will age very quickly compared to other players in the league. How will you replace them when you get over the cap and you have no draft picks left? They are going for it all right now, but eventually, these moves will catch up with them.
Well since they started pulling off these trades, they have had three winning seasons, one playoff season and are currently tied for the best record in the NFL.  

The Jaguars have taken the opposite approach-purging the team of talent and accumulating draft picks, and we have netted 2 wins in our last 24 games, including losing 20 straight.  All we have netted from our picks is Trevor Lawrence (admittedly a great get) and a slightly above pedestrian TE.

Neither approach is guaranteed a Super Bowl, but at least the Rams can claim they went all out to get one with three winning seasons to show for it.  We can't make that claim.

Furthermore, assuming the worst case scenario for the Rams, could they honestly be any worse than we are?

At this point, I just think we are "snakebitten." I don't think anything we do can change our fortunes, at least not for the foreseeable future. I always believed in building via the draft, but that only works when you have competent people making the decisions. We don't have that luxury.

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2021, 03:23 PM by Cleatwood.)

(11-01-2021, 01:40 PM)Kane Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 12:52 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Playoffs will definitely be fun to watch.   

I think the AFC is weak compared to NFC. 
Boys, Cards, Pack, Rams.... Who in the AFC can beat them? I mean [BLEEP] the Bills struggled vs the Phins yesterday. And they seem like the cream of the AFC crop. Especially if Henry is done for the season, tacks will struggle from here out.

Confused
Sadly. I think Stafford career is a good comp for what might happen here to Lawrence.

They’ve been doing it this way for years. It doesn’t matter how you accumulate talent but you need talent.

They’re choosing to get bonafide stars.

(11-01-2021, 03:22 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 01:40 PM)Kane Wrote: I think the AFC is weak compared to NFC. 

Confused
Sadly. I think Stafford career is a good comp for what might happen here to Lawrence.

(11-01-2021, 02:30 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: If you think you're one player away, that's fine, but eventually, the cap is gonna get you with all these high priced players. Not to mention that a team full of veterans will age very quickly compared to other players in the league. How will you replace them when you get over the cap and you have no draft picks left? They are going for it all right now, but eventually, these moves will catch up with them.
They’ve been doing it this way for years. It doesn’t matter how you accumulate talent but you need talent.

They’re choosing to get bonafide stars.

We'll be lucky to keep Lawrence into a 2nd contract though

(11-01-2021, 02:21 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

In what world is Stafford a sure thing? Stafford has zero post season wins. Let's see what he can do when it matters.

(11-01-2021, 09:10 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

In what world is Stafford a sure thing? Stafford has zero post season wins. Let's see what he can do when it matters.

In what world has Stafford ever been surrounded by the coaching and player talent he is right now? Crimeny, if the Jaguars had McVey this season they'd have 4 wins already. The guy took Jared Goff to the Superb Owl for gosh sakes. Maybe we can use that Rams leadership model as our own, recognizing that your shiny new QB has no business being held back by a mediocre at very best coaching staff and making wholesale changes to bring in a young and innovative offensive mind to develop him.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

saves money on scouting budget, tho!

In the world that people know what they're looking at?

If Stafford was on the Packers, he would have had the same or better career as Rodgers. Stafford is so incredibly talented but has been playing for the worst franchise in the NFL. Now that he's playing for a real franchise and coach, you see what he can do and this is so much later into his career.

(This post was last modified: 11-02-2021, 10:48 AM by Kane. Edited 1 time in total.)

C'mon man don't be a dolt.
Dude was #1 overall pick for a reason and for many seasons was the only reason the Lions weren't picking top 5 consistently.
Flash forward, traded to Rams with a decent run game, good receivers and a great defense and they have the look of one of the best teams.
Just one season after being held back with Goff at QB. They went from 22nd in effeciency to 1st. Stafford's QBR is tops in the league right now I think.

(11-02-2021, 10:25 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 09:10 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: In what world is Stafford a sure thing? Stafford has zero post season wins. Let's see what he can do when it matters.
Stafford is so incredibly talented but has been playing for the worst franchise in the NFL.

Well maybe not THE worst franchise. Might have loved him here tbr.

Matt Srafford had one of the best receivers in NFL history at his disposal for 7 years. I'm not saying Stafford isn't good. I am simply saying he has never proven himself in a big game in the NFL before. I am curious to watch how he performs in the playoffs this year with expectations so high.