Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I need to rage

It was just a few short years ago when we had a pretty good team. All we needed was a good QB to take us to the next level. For years many of us prayed we would finally find our franchise QB and while we were waiting, our best players were leaving in droves. The team began to fall apart, horrible decisions were being made from the coaches, GM, all the way up to the owner. Well, here we are. We finally got what we all prayed for. We got a franchise QB. The only problem is that with the mass exodus of talent, the total incompetence of the owner, front office and coaching staff and the complete lack of talent we now have on both sides of the football, instead of having a complete team, we now have another total tear down. 

Are we ever gonna have a "complete team?" Are we destined to always be bad? First, we have a good team with no QB and now we have a good QB with no team around him and complete ineptitude in virtually all of the coaching positions. We seem to take one step forward and three steps back. Looking at this team right now, this may be the worst product we've ever put on display. It just gets worse every week and with Buffalo next on the schedule, the worst may be yet to come. I know it's fairly early in the season, but after such a humiliating loss to a bad team, who played a backup QB, where we made such boneheaded mistakes, how can Khan justify what he is seeing on the field? We are making the same mistakes we made in week 1. If we totally get blown out by the Bills, how can he keep supporting Meyer? I don't want see this team ruin Trevor Lawrence in his rookie season, but I fear that is gonna happen. We've been the laughing stock of the league for a long while, but we've achieved new heights of embarrassment. 

With every game, I see us falling further and further behind where we should be. Will the bleeding ever stop? Will Khan put his ego aside for the betterment of the team, admit he was wrong and make a move to right this ship? We can only hope.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Been seeing lots of angst toward ownership in the wake of yet another misfire of a hiring at GM/HC

He clearly hasn't found the formula for putting the right folks in charge of fixing this team.
He's tried a few different approaches but basically struck out each time minus one good season from a staff that ultimately failed.

The real question now is what has he learned and how short is the leash?

I think we will see change happen quicker this time.

I feel you man.

If the Jags truly waste Trevor’s talent, then the Jags can never have nice things. Give him some WRs who can separate. Get ETN healthy and please do something about this Oline.

But the main issue is Meyer. He needs the boot.

Priorities for the remainder of this year:
Play balanced ball
Cut down on mistakes.
Don’t let Trevor get hurt.

Priorities for off-season:
New GM with real NFL head coach
Draft or buy T-Law a real WR1
Get some o-line help (we are losing some key players there).
Spend like crazy to get elite talent wherever else possible.

(11-01-2021, 03:15 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Been seeing lots of angst toward ownership in the wake of yet another misfire of a hiring at GM/HC

He clearly hasn't found the formula for putting the right folks in charge of fixing this team.
He's tried a few different approaches but basically struck out each time minus one good season from a staff that ultimately failed.

Thing is normally I am a voice urging patience.

But I can't make a compelling case for patience for this regime.  Nothing they have done with the draft or on the field gives me any confidence fan patience will be rewarded.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I'm sure Khan sees the improvement in Arizona after getting rid of Steve Wilks after one season, so I don't see him being patient either. He shouldn't be. If Lawrence is squandered, I'm not sure the fanbase will hold.

Meyer better get his stuff in one sock real quick or he'll be playing golf with Wilks.

(11-01-2021, 03:27 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 03:15 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Been seeing lots of angst toward ownership in the wake of yet another misfire of a hiring at GM/HC

But I can't make a compelling case for patience for this regime.  Nothing they have done with the draft or on the field gives me any confidence fan patience will be rewarded.

The last holdout of posters I respect is Homebiscuit. I think after the 70-0 shellacking Urban allows our team to take next week will make him cross over though.

(11-01-2021, 03:27 PM)Bullseye Wrote:

Agree totally. I always try to see the glass half full, but there has just been nothing there to suggest that patience will be rewarded. There’s everything there to suggest that patience may result in continued mediocrity (that is being kind).

https://youtu.be/A63bKsBLMG8

Shad chased the headlines and the 'hottest ticket in the NFL' with the Meyer hire. There were red flags galore, which were pointed out by more than just me, and he ignored them all because he wanted the splashy name.

The vast majority of the time that you prioritize style over stubstance it's going to backfire like this.

I’m just hoping Meyer just resigns on his own. I don’t care the reason as long as physically he is ok, as I don’t wish harm on him.

Because if Khan fires him, Khan is on the hook for a lot of money. And I can’t see why khan would ignore the financial implications

(11-01-2021, 03:50 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: I’m just hoping Meyer just resigns on his own. I don’t care the reason as long as physically he is ok, as I don’t wish harm on him.

Because if Khan fires him, Khan is on the hook for a lot of money. And I can’t see why khan would ignore the financial implications

Because $120 million is like renting out the Kismet for a year.

It's a drop in the bucket.

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2021, 03:59 PM by HURRICANE!!!. Edited 2 times in total.)

Did someone say they need Rage .....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWXazVhlyxQ

(11-01-2021, 03:35 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://youtu.be/A63bKsBLMG8

I like this guy. He knows his stuff. I'm gonna subscribe to this channel.

I see the city of Jacksonville losing the Jags to another owner and city very likely.

(11-01-2021, 03:40 PM)Upper Wrote: Shad chased the headlines and the 'hottest ticket in the NFL' with the Meyer hire. There were red flags galore, which were pointed out by more than just me, and he ignored them all because he wanted the splashy name.

The vast majority of the time that you prioritize style over stubstance it's going to backfire like this.

Amen!

I know I won't be wasting $40 or $50 to go watch them at Buffalo Wild Wings anymore this year. I somehow made it until halftime on Sunday.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(11-01-2021, 03:40 PM)Upper Wrote: Shad chased the headlines and the 'hottest ticket in the NFL' with the Meyer hire. There were red flags galore, which were pointed out by more than just me, and he ignored them all because he wanted the splashy name.

I couldn't agree more with you. My fear is that Khan will give Meyer one more season using Jimmy Johnson as an example. It would also be difficult for him to admit he made a huge mistake in hiring Meyer. The best thing that could happen is for Meyer to realize he is in over his head and come to some agreement with Khan in which he could resign at the end of this season.

As bad as this team is, they still have Lawrence. They will have a top 5 draft pick and plenty of salary cap room to acquire at least two top free agents ( Terron Armstead and Chris Godwin, please). Add in a pass rusher in round 1 (Thibodeaux/Hutchinson) and corner in round 2 (Trent McDuffie) and the Jaguars would immediately be able to hold their own with the Titans in the AFC South.

HOWEVER, for any good things to happen moving forward Shad Khan must find a General Manager who knows talent and new coaches who know what they are doing. If this doesn't happen, our fans may never get to see Lawrence take this team to the Super Bowl.

So true. What a wasted year. we should have gone after a real GM last offseason

5 years instead of 8?  He gave Dave Caldwell an eternity.  I hope he gave this regime a shorter lease but Time will tell.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]