Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I need to rage

(This post was last modified: 11-02-2021, 09:27 AM by TheDuke007. Edited 2 times in total.)

(11-01-2021, 03:35 PM)Newton Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 03:27 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Thing is normally I am a voice urging patience.

But I can't make a compelling case for patience for this regime.  Nothing they have done with the draft or on the field gives me any confidence fan patience will be rewarded.

Agree totally. I always try to see the glass half full, but there has just been nothing there to suggest that patience will be rewarded. There’s everything there to suggest that patience may result in continued mediocrity (that is being kind).

I'm also in total agreement.  I do think fans are often quick to want to fire coaches, but in this case, it is completely justified.  I see little reason to believe patience will be rewarded.  I also see a high chance that patience will not only set us back by a year, but maybe by two or three years.  We currently have a decent salary cap position and extra picks in the draft.  If Meyer/Baalke know that they must win now, they are going to sign a bunch of back-loaded free agent contracts.  They may trade away future draft picks.  Not only are we likely to lose a year, but may take another year or two or more to get out of the mess they could create.  They need to be gone by the end of the season.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-02-2021, 08:21 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-02-2021, 07:50 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The beginning of the end was Poz retiring and Telvin Snith going loco. That was the beginning of the end for the defense that quickly spiraled out of control.

Poz was forced into retirement by Caldwell and Marrone.

I think securing him as a LB coach would have paid dividends. IIRC, he remained in Jax after retirement.

(11-01-2021, 04:03 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I know I won't be wasting $40 or $50 to go watch them at Buffalo Wild Wings anymore this year.  I somehow made it until halftime on Sunday.

I think the experience of watching multiple games with various fan bases is definitely worth it.

(This post was last modified: 11-02-2021, 10:00 AM by RicoTx.)

Well it does give me the opportunity to follow my fantasy teams more closely.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(11-02-2021, 09:59 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Well it does give me the opportunity to follow my fantasy teams more closely.

I just wish their food was better.
Overpriced beer I'm used to everywhere except the house.
But food at basically every chain sucks these days. Bunch of frozen crap off a Sysco truck.

(11-02-2021, 10:32 AM)Kane Wrote:
(11-02-2021, 09:59 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Well it does give me the opportunity to follow my fantasy teams more closely.

I just wish their food was better.
But food at basically every chain sucks these days. Bunch of frozen crap off a Sysco truck.

Pretty much.

It's just more profitable - millions of people complain about McDonalds every single day - they still go back.

(11-02-2021, 10:40 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(11-02-2021, 10:32 AM)Kane Wrote: I just wish their food was better.

Pretty much.

It's just more profitable - millions of people complain about McDonalds every single day - they still go back.

Sick  I gave up all the drive thru fast food in 2020 (first new years resolution that I've ever kept) and have never felt better.
I do still hit up a Bdubs or Chili's every now and again but almost always regret it.

(11-02-2021, 10:46 AM)Kane Wrote:
(11-02-2021, 10:40 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Pretty much.

Sick  I gave up all the drive thru fast food in 2020 (first new years resolution that I've ever kept) and have never felt better.
I do still hit up a Bdubs or Chili's every now and again but almost always regret it.

God the wings are so fatty and full of gristle. Just gross - you can taste that it's been frozen forever.

What brings the rage is the fact that we are unifying on what a train wreck this franchise is in all reality. The wheels are falling off and everything is being exposed.

When Lawrence pulled the ball down instead of trying to hit Marvin Jones on a deep pass, I wanted to cry because they are starting to break him.

The oline is injured and is back to turnstiles that good qb play can't cover. We are seeing how difficult it is to go from a 4-3 to a 3-4 and we didn't even draft or sign free agents to speed it up.

Honestly I liked the win but the Miami game wasn't really anyone turning a corner. We are Detroit of the AFC.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.