Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I need to rage

(11-01-2021, 04:03 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I know I won't be wasting $40 or $50 to go watch them at Buffalo Wild Wings anymore this year.  I somehow made it until halftime on Sunday.

You think $40 or $50 is wasted money?  How about me?  I bought club seats this year.  Five more games I have to go to.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Jimmy Johnson's first year with the Cowboys he went 1-15.  Jimmy and the boys took some beatings too that year including getting shut out!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1989_Dalla...oys_season
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(11-01-2021, 05:35 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Jimmy Johnson's first year with the Cowboys he went 1-15.  Jimmy and the boys took some beatings too that year including getting shut out!

Lol as if this is the norm.

“Hey guys. It’s literally happened 1 time so maybe it can happen for us!”

Urban Meyer is no Jimmie Johnson.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2021, 06:17 PM by Kane.)

(11-01-2021, 03:18 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I feel you man.

If the Jags truly waste Trevor’s talent, then the Jags can never have nice things. Give him some WRs who can separate. Get ETN healthy and please do something about this Oline.

But the main issue is Meyer. He needs the boot.

Pretty much nobody except Khan thought it was a good idea to hire him. Maybe a few rubes on here.

I don't get the feeling Meyer is getting the boot anytime soon.

(11-01-2021, 05:57 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Urban Meyer is no Jimmie Johnson.

Urban Meyer isn't even Petrino at this point. At least that guy did the Falcons a favor and quit mid season when he knew he was in over his head

(11-01-2021, 05:35 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Jimmy Johnson's first year with the Cowboys he went 1-15.  Jimmy and the boys took some beatings too that year including getting shut out!

Stop trying to make fetch happen.
Yes... Your post deserves a "Mean Girls" reference

(11-01-2021, 05:28 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 04:03 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I know I won't be wasting $40 or $50 to go watch them at Buffalo Wild Wings anymore this year.  I somehow made it until halftime on Sunday.

You think $40 or $50 is wasted money?  How about me?  I bought club seats this year.  Five more games I have to go to.

Bruh... A 1-15 team hires Meyer and Baalke and your thought was upgrade my STs?

Bold move Cotton

This is true.

However, Jimmy Johnson was in a much stronger division than this Jaguars team.

Furthermore, the 1989 Dallas team had three immediate starters from that rookie class:. Aikman, Daryl Johnston and Mark Stepnoski, all three of whom would become Pro Bowlers.

So far we have one immediate starter... Lawrence.

Additionally, their 1 win was against Washington, who was far superior to Dallas on paper.  So far our only win is against Miami, a team comparable on strength and ineptitude to us.

Finally, that 1989 Dallas team pulled off the Herschel Walker trade that netted them 3 firsts three seconds, a 3rd and 5 players from Minnesota.  On top of that, they had Steve Walsh behind Aikman and we're able to take him for another First round pick from New Orleans.  They had a bonanza of picks for years after they arrived.  This Jaguars team had their draft haul the year before and this year, and barring a draft trade from the#1overall pick, the Jaguars won't have anywhere near the draft capital moving forward.  Oh yeah, that Dallas team had Jimmy Johnson picking the players.  We have Baalke and UM.

While there are some parallels, there are major differences in the two situations.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2021, 06:52 PM by TheO-LineMatters. Edited 1 time in total.)

And you can also find a HOF GOAT QB in the 6th round of the draft. That doesn't mean it isn't extremely, extremely rare. Urban Meyer is no Jimmy Johnson. Urban Meyer is more like Bobby Petrino......... in a lot of ways.

(11-01-2021, 05:28 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:

I had season tickets for 25 years.  Well, I'm in Texas now and going out of my way to watch this hot garbage.  Even flew back for the tacks game and another in November.

Or was going out of my way to watch it....
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Obviously this is FAR from a Jimmie Johnson situation. I have frequently said it's more like Andrew Luck with Grigson/Pagano, but even they had multiple double digit wins and playoff appearances before they got fired because it was clear they wouldn't be able to take them over the hump to true SB contender. While a better comparison than Johnson, I still think it's far too favorable to comp our regime to them.

So, what is the best comparison for this situation? A #1 picked QB, or maybe even just a very very high QB pick, who was a no brainer pick and it was just instantly obvious the front office that drafted him was just completely in over their heads. Hopefully one that was replaced very quickly and said #1 pick QB turned the franchise around very quickly. Maybe Mayfield with Hue and then Kitchens before finally getting Stefanski?

I can't think of another situation like this. Poor Trevor.

(11-01-2021, 05:57 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Urban Meyer is no Jimmie Johnson.

Even though He’s been Jimmying his Johnson on the off days?

(11-01-2021, 08:00 PM)Upper Wrote: Obviously this is FAR from a Jimmie Johnson situation. I have frequently said it's more like Andrew Luck with Grigson/Pagano, but even they had multiple double digit wins and playoff appearances before they got fired because it was clear they wouldn't be able to take them over the hump to true SB contender. While a better comparison than Johnson, I still think it's far too favorable to comp our regime to them.

So, what is the best comparison for this situation? A #1 picked QB, or maybe even just a very very high QB pick, who was a no brainer pick and it was just instantly obvious the front office that drafted him was just completely in over their heads. Hopefully one that was replaced very quickly and said #1 pick QB turned the franchise around very quickly. Maybe Mayfield with Hue and then Kitchens before finally getting Stefanski?

This is the parallel that most readily comes to mind at first thought.  You have the young fantastic rookie QB prospect who was failed by the GM.

But as you can see, while they may or may not have best utilized those picks for Luck's longevity, they DID actually get productive players out of the 2012 draft.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/t..._draft.htm

Coby Fleener, Dwayne Allen and T.Y. Hilton all wound up being productive players for the Colts, including int heir rookie years.

The Jaguars this year have gotten nothing from its rookie class, outside of Trevor Lawrence.

While the parallel isn't exact in terms of having a young QB prospect at the very top of the draft, in terms of virtually no impact and possible botched picks, the analogy I tend to draw is with the Los Angeles Rams in the aftermath of the Eric Dickerson trade.

While the Jaguars did not have the sheer amount of draft capital the rams had in the aftermath of that trade, they were just as prolific in blowing each and every one of those high draft picks as the Rams were.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Etn may also become a baller as well.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(11-01-2021, 08:00 PM)Upper Wrote: Obviously this is FAR from a Jimmie Johnson situation. I have frequently said it's more like Andrew Luck with Grigson/Pagano, but even they had multiple double digit wins and playoff appearances before they got fired because it was clear they wouldn't be able to take them over the hump to true SB contender. While a better comparison than Johnson, I still think it's far too favorable to comp our regime to them.

Someone in another thread mentioned Stafford in Detroit and I think thats another good comp.

The beginning of the end was Poz retiring and Telvin Snith going loco. That was the beginning of the end for the defense that quickly spiraled out of control.

(11-02-2021, 07:50 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The beginning of the end was Poz retiring and Telvin Snith going loco. That was the beginning of the end for the defense that quickly spiraled out of control.

Poz was forced into retirement by Caldwell and Marrone.

(11-01-2021, 04:01 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 03:35 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://youtu.be/A63bKsBLMG8

I like this guy. He knows his stuff. I'm gonna subscribe to this channel.

always liked T-Wigg when he was on 1010XL
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(11-02-2021, 08:28 AM)Mowerguy Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 04:01 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I like this guy. He knows his stuff. I'm gonna subscribe to this channel.

always liked T-Wigg when he was on 1010XL

That they fired him and kept that Special Ed kid "Hacker" is a #becausejaguars level of mismanagement.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

you recall that team was rebuilt almost completely by one key trade, right?

I'm not saying Jimmy was no slouch, but they hit on a ton of their picks and had a super solid foundation to build upon.

we're still trying to build with one or two cinder blocks and a hole pile of sand.

(11-01-2021, 10:49 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Etn may also become a baller as well.

he may also lose a step or not recover from injury. Not gonna count that chicken till it hatches.

(11-02-2021, 08:54 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-02-2021, 08:28 AM)Mowerguy Wrote: always liked T-Wigg when he was on 1010XL

That they fired him and kept that Special Ed kid "Hacker" is a #becausejaguars level of mismanagement.

They kept him so they have someone really stupid and really dense to pile on because of his immense ignorance and stupidity.

He's just a punching bag that doesn't realize he's a punching bag.