Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL Sunday Ticket stream quality this year?

<p style="background-color:transparent;">I was thinking about getting it this year until I heard in years past it wasn't worth the $50 a month because the stream quality was awful each week. So just checking in to see how it was last week and this year so far from anyone that has it? Same problems from years past?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Stream quality is fine for me. I don't have HD on Directv though so my TWC looks better. My problem is that every week CBS has sound issues or technical difficulties. Why are they allow to get NFL games if they still can't air them well after so many years.

Poor for me I assume it's server overload on their end. I have zero issues with Netflix so I know it's not my end. Luckily I receive it free as STH or else it would aggravate the pee out of me.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

CBS has no sound difficulties on TV. If you are having a sound problem it is on your end.

I checked my eligibility because satellites are not allowed in my condo complex. Unfortunately I am not.

it would buffer for about 15 seconds about every 20 minutes for me. I can live with that

Quote:it would buffer for about 15 seconds about every 20 minutes for me. I can live with that

I would not tolerate that.

Great for me.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

One more thing: You better have a computer with a great sound system. I rarely watch videos on mine because even at 100% volume it is barely audible, no matter what website I am on.

Quote:One more thing: You better have a computer with a great sound system. I rarely watch videos on mine because even at 100% volume it is barely audible, no matter what website I am on.

Have you checked your hearing lately?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Have you checked your hearing lately?

It sucks.

Quote: 

<div style="margin:0px 0px 20px;color:rgb(39,42,52);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">
<p style="background-color:transparent;">I was thinking about getting it this year until I heard in years past it wasn't worth the $50 a month because the stream quality was awful each week. So just checking in to see how it was last week and this year so far from anyone that has it? Same problems from years past?

</div>

One thing worth considering is the speed of your Internet connection.   I'm sure there are people reading this with much more technical computer knowledge than I have and can provide many more details.   Yet,  there's no question that the Internet connection factor should be looked into before you make your decision.  

Quote:One thing worth considering is the speed of your Internet connection. I'm sure there are people reading this with much more technical computer knowledge than I have and can provide many more details. Yet,  there's no question that the Internet connection factor should be looked into before you make your decision.  

I always heard cable modems are faster than DSL. Never had DSL to compare.

Quote:I always heard cable modems are faster than DSL. Never had DSL to compare.

I have DSL and overall like the service.  I believe in some cases DSL is faster and in other cases cable modems are faster.  

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2016, 09:20 PM by rfc17.)

Was flawless for me in week 1.  I had issues last seasons but I changed my modem/wifi setup earlier this year.  Wasn't sure if would do anything for the sunday ticket streaming but again, was flawless.  Had the sunday ticket on my tablet via the wifi and used chromecast to sync it to my tv.  

Sometimes I miss NFL Sunday Ticket, especially when CBS shows the Dolphins instead of us.

For whatever reason Microsoft edge web browser has given me the best experience. And that goes for pretty much any streaming content.

But my go to is the ps4, no issues what so ever.

Quote:One more thing: You better have a computer with a great sound system. I rarely watch videos on mine because even at 100% volume it is barely audible, no matter what website I am on.

Turn the speakers on.
Huh

I have sunday ticket once again(this year thankfully my college gets the discount) and last weeks was pretty solid compared to what I felt was a bad season last year from ST. I did have like 3 spots of buffer/drops that really annoyed me, however picture quality was amazing

My only real issue is I'm typically about two plays behind twitter/forums/ect which Im not sure if that is just ST or something else.

Streaming on Xbox One thus far on a 75' 4K tv(4k is not an option yet obviously), Last year I had to go between X1 and PS4 with odd issues with each ones apps or other problems, hopefully I wont be go between the two(or having to use my laptop or something else)

Also my internet connection is around 50-100megs(Comcast varies) so my speed shouldn't be the issue. You can check your speed(thanks to netflix lol) here https://fast.com/