Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Virginia gubernatorial election

It's already a matter of forum record that you're only registered as a Republican to pick the worst Republican candidate possible, because you think you're outsmarting the system.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-06-2021, 08:04 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-05-2021, 11:53 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: The ballot might be legitimate, but how do you know the person doing the voting was? The mailman gonna be handling them too?

Honest inquiry, are you ok with the government knowing who you voted for? It seems to me that the People run a great risk when individual political opposition is known to those in power. I personally think that we must return to in person secret ballot only voting or this slope will become a cliff.

I agree with your last sentence but exemptions must be made for active duty military and those who are disabled and can't get to a voting station (think people living in a long term care facility). Or even folks whose jobs are overseas and they can't just fly back to vote. They can't be left out of the voting process.

(11-06-2021, 09:25 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: It's already a matter of forum record that you're only registered as a Republican to pick the worst most pro-life, and electable Republican candidate possible, because you think you're outsmarting the system staying true to my views.

If there was a steady stream of pro life democrat candidates in the primary stage I might switch parties.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2021, 12:34 PM by Lucky2Last.)

So, you proved my point. If the only issue that aligns you with Republicans is pro-life. Therefore, if you pick the candidate that most aligns with YOUR values, but is pro-life, you have picked the worst candidate from a true conservative's perspective.

I guess "gaming the system" just gives you a small ego boost.

(11-06-2021, 12:34 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: So,  you proved my point. If the only issue that aligns you with Republicans is pro-life. Therefore, if you pick the candidate that most aligns with YOUR values, but is pro-life, you have picked the worst candidate from a true conservative's perspective.

I guess "gaming the system" just gives you a small ego boost.

We could start a whole new thread about what counts as true conservative values and what doesn't.  But for now let's just agree that Trump was a very bad example of conservatism, and his control of the Republican party is leading it in a less conservative and more autocratic direction.

You should be happy with that. It's like being a pro-life Democrat.

(11-06-2021, 02:18 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: You should be happy with that. It's like being a pro-life Democrat.

I'm hopeful for anybody who is a strong leader to take either party in a new direction, because both are stuck in a rut.
As I've said before, this is why I view Trump as a massive waste of political potential.
Because I have no room in my heart for autocrats. Or people who try to be autocrats.

Or people you just like to pretend are autocrats cuz you don’t like them. Rolleyes
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(11-06-2021, 07:18 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Or people you just like to pretend are autocrats cuz you don’t like them. Rolleyes

He broke his own oath of office and tried to get the vice president to do the same. One of us is pretending Trump's something he's not, and it's not me

(11-06-2021, 08:06 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-06-2021, 07:18 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Or people you just like to pretend are autocrats cuz you don’t like them. Rolleyes

He broke his own oath of office and tried to get the vice president to do the same. One of us is pretending Trump's something he's not, and it's not me

FIFY
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???