Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kyle Rittenhouse on trial

Yeah I was watching it, then he stopped him later for bringing up something that had been explicitly forbidden.

I was hoping for a mistrial then.

(11-10-2021, 10:37 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-10-2021, 10:17 AM)Hard_Eight Wrote: If Kyle doesn't walk, the right will riot

It won't be pretty.

No they won’t.

We'll see.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-10-2021, 03:39 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: Yeah I was watching it, then he stopped him later for bringing up something that had been explicitly forbidden.

(11-10-2021, 10:37 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: No they won’t.

We'll see.

The judge has been pretty friendly to the defense so if you want to see Rittenhouse walk you should hope this trial gets to the finish line.  If there's a mistrial, the prosecution gets a second chance with a new judge, right?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

No mistrial, we demand dismissal with prejudice and maybe a referral of the prosecutor and DA to the ethics panel.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-10-2021, 03:42 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-10-2021, 03:39 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: Yeah I was watching it, then he stopped him later for bringing up something that had been explicitly forbidden.

We'll see.

The judge has been pretty friendly to the defense so if you want to see Rittenhouse walk you should hope this trial gets to the finish line.  If there's a mistrial, the prosecution gets a second chance with a new judge, right?

Yeah, the last thing the defense wants is a mistrial.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Self defence is an interesting one, I guess it was if you seperate the shootings from the build up of going and looking for trouble.

How does a 17 year old get into this situation? Must have some terrible parents.

(11-10-2021, 05:31 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Self defence is an interesting one, I guess it was if you seperate the shootings from the build up of going and looking for trouble.

How does a 17 year old get into this situation? Must have some terrible parents.

He didn't look for trouble, he was standing between a riot and a private business. The trouble, as expected of such things, came looking for him. Of course we get that you are fine with surrendering to the mob, many of us are not.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 11-10-2021, 05:42 PM by homebiscuit.)

(11-10-2021, 03:42 PM)mikesez Wrote:

We'll see.

How is a judge friendly to one side or the other? The defense is doing a very competent job while the prosecution has been screwing the pooch from day one. 

I agree on the mistrial. That's the last thing the defense wants. If anyone wants this trial thrown it's the prosecution because they're obviously losing.

(11-10-2021, 05:40 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-10-2021, 05:31 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Self defence is an interesting one, I guess it was if you seperate the shootings from the build up of going and looking for trouble.

He didn't look for trouble, he was standing between a riot and a private business. The trouble, as expected of such things, came looking for him. Of course we get that you are fine with surrendering to the mob, many of us are not.

I was hoping no one would respond to him. He's obviously pushing buttons, like he always does.

(11-10-2021, 05:40 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-10-2021, 03:42 PM)mikesez Wrote: The judge has been pretty friendly to the defense so if you want to see Rittenhouse walk you should hope this trial gets to the finish line.  If there's a mistrial, the prosecution gets a second chance with a new judge, right?

How is a judge friendly to one side or the other? The defense is doing a very competent job while the prosecution has been screwing the pooch from day one. 

I agree on the mistrial. That's the last thing the defense wants. If anyone wants this trial thrown it's the prosecution because they're obviously losing.

(11-10-2021, 05:40 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: He didn't look for trouble, he was standing between a riot and a private business. The trouble, as expected of such things, came looking for him. Of course we get that you are fine with surrendering to the mob, many of us are not.

I was hoping no one would respond to him. He's obviously pushing buttons, like he always does.

Meh, a basic response is enough methinks.

How do these prosecutors sleep at night? Worse than the devil himself.

(11-10-2021, 05:40 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

You got too old to forget what it's like to be 17? 

He drove a long way to perform this protection. Not like it was a spur of the moment act that happened at the end of his street.

No doubt the firearms inflamed a situation and got everyone killed though. Which will now be on his conscience for life (if he has empathy)

(11-10-2021, 06:00 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: How do these prosecutors sleep at night? Worse than the devil himself.

He was tasked with a job that was destined to lose from the beginning. The poor guy wouldn't be in such an embarrassing spot if the DA had done his job competently and not caved to political and social pressure. When this trial is over and lost, the prosecutor should kick the DA right in the nuts.

Just walk around with your ar15 and wish a ninja would. Shoot first before you get shot.

(11-10-2021, 07:10 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Just walk around with your ar15 and wish a ninja would. Shoot first before you get shot.

Is "ninja" code for burglar, pedophile,  and domestic abuser?

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2021, 01:05 PM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

Haha. Shoot em if they move. Judge & jury

So now a 30 minute drive is “a long way” to go? Heck, you can’t get across Jacksonville in 30 minutes.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2021, 12:46 AM by WingerDinger. Edited 2 times in total.)

Kyle Rittenhouse literally took out the trash that night, whether he knew it or not.. Any parent should agree.

His 3 assailants are exactly who I think of when I think of BLM..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(11-10-2021, 06:12 PM)lastonealive Wrote:
(11-10-2021, 05:40 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: He didn't look for trouble, he was standing between a riot and a private business. The trouble, as expected of such things, came looking for him. Of course we get that you are fine with surrendering to the mob, many of us are not.

You got too old to forget what it's like to be 17? 

He drove a long way to perform this protection. Not like it was a spur of the moment act that happened at the end of his street.

No doubt the firearms inflamed a situation and got everyone killed though. Which will now be on his conscience for life (if he has empathy)

His behavior was remarkably controlled and demonsrated his successful training as a police cadet. He was participating in the defense of Kenosha as part of the local militia per a call by Kenosha alderman Kevin Mathewson. Standing invited on private property with a rifle is not a crime, being attacked by a mob for doing so makes the person a victim. If you think him having a rifle inflamed the situation then you aren't paying attention. He deterred those goons from burning the buildings without shooting anyone, he ran from the goons to avoid shooting them, he shot them after the knocked him down, assaulted him with bottles and a skateboard and then pointed a gun at him. These are simple facts that will lead to exoneration no matter how you wish it weren't so. The guy was brave and his behavior and response almost perfect. "He shouldn't have been there" is both irrelevant and nothing but an attempt at victim shaming.

The only hope of the prosecution at this time is a mistrial.

Tucker Carlson: "Joseph Rosenbaum died as he had lived, trying to touch an unwilling minor." https://t.co/YkXasBMHgO

(11-11-2021, 09:09 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Tucker Carlson: "Joseph Rosenbaum died as he had lived, trying to touch an unwilling minor." https://t.co/YkXasBMHgO

Laughing