Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This Week in the AFC South-Week 9

Last week in the AFC South was interesting, to say the least.  The tacks rallied from a 14-0 deficit on the road to beat the Colts, but in the process lost their all everything RB Derrick Henry for what is likely to be the remainder of the year.  Now we will see if the trade for Julio Jones will pay off for the tacks.  If he flops, it's likely the tacks will fade down the stretch, though the Colts may or may not have enough to catch them.  The Colts are still competitive, but I wonder how they can progress if they continue to be banged up.  My beloved Jaguars resumed their losing ways after a win in London and a bye week, with a demoralizing 31-7 loss in Seattle.  the team took some major steps back and seemingly lost all of the progress the team made since opening week with ridiculous penalties and otherwise sloppy play in all three phases of the game.  Finally, not only did Houston get beat again, they failed to finalize a trade of disgruntled QB Deshaun Watson.  So they will keep him on the roster and pay him millions to not play while they now hold out hope his off field legal matters are cleared up before the draft.  I don't even wish I could be sorry for them.  I'm glad their dysfunction continues.  Screw the texans!

As for my picks, I had a 3-0 week last week, but I wish I would have been wrong about my Jaguars.

On to this week's picks:

N.Y. Jets (2-5) at Colts (3-5)-The Colts get the advantage of being a host team on a short Thursday night week by hosting the Jets.  it's unclear whether rookie Zach Wilson will return to action after missing the last game or two with an injury, in large part because unknown and unheralded Mike White played lights out in a shocking win over the Bengals.  I don't think it'll matter much, though.  The colts have a better defense than the bengals, and their offense still manages to play well.  Colts win 26-14.

Buffahole (5-2) at Jaguars (1-6)  The only question in my mind is which game will be uglier for the Jaguars:  this game, or when we go to the Rams?  As I said in another thread, the Colts could sit Josh Allen, Diggs, and Tredavious White-their top three players-and still win by two TDs.  Though I would desperately love to be wrong...more than most times when i pick the Jaguars to lose because one of my closest friends is an obnoxious Bills fan-I see this result as inevitable.  Bills name the score and win 38-7.

Texans (1-7) at Dolphins (1-7) Perhaps the only thing more deflating for these teams than the Deshaun Watson trade that didn't happen are their seasons themselves, as the teams are a combined 2-14.  If the Dolphins didn't trade away their own pick, this game would have all of the earmarks of a Repus bowl for draft position.  but the Eagles fans will be rooting for the Texans to win.  Not sure i see that.  Dolphins win 21-17.

tacks (6-2) at L.A. Rams (7-1)-The tacks losing Derrick henry for the year last week takes some of the luster off this game.  It sucks to say that the tacks are still a solid team, but them losing Henry changes everything.  They are now much easier to defend now.  This is not a good thing going up against perhaps the most talented defense in football, who, by the way, just added Von Miller.  While Miller isn't what he was a few years ago, he is still good enough to command some attention away from Aaron Donald, which is never a good thing for opposing offenses.  Rams win 28-17.

Last week:  3-0
Overall:  19-7

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2021, 12:50 PM by snowwolf776. Edited 1 time in total.)

17-9 overall.  

this weeks winners will be 

colts

Rams

Dolphins

Bills

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

2-1 last week
20-6 overall

Clots - I think this could go either way depending on which Wentz shows up
Bills - no comment
Fins - I was considering taking the Texans and might have if they were at home.  I could see this going either way as well
Ramseys - I think this could have gone either way if Henry were OK....but...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

16-10

colts
tatanka
phins
rams

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2021, 10:21 AM by TheO-LineMatters. Edited 1 time in total.)

2-1 last week
17-9 overall

I got fooled into believing we could win last week. Never again.

Colts 27 Jets 19
Bills 56 Jaguars 13
Texans 23 Dolphins 17
Rams 31 Titans 24

Colts
Bills
Texans
Rams

1-2 last week
17-9 overall
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

2-1 last week. 19-7 on the year. I wanna get crazy, but tugging on the reins a bit.

Jets 20 indynoplace 19 - Is there enough film now to figure out Mike White? If he gets the win, does Wilson stay on the bench?
Buff 42 Duval 10 - I don't like the rumblings I've heard from some of our defensive players. They sound dejected, and I fear that the give-up is gonna start showing. Doesn't help that the Bills are a solid team on both sides.
Phins 10 tinhorns 3 - I fought hard not to pick the tinhorns here. Does flirting with Watson break Tua's desire to play in Miami or does Tua convince the team that they made the right choice?
Rams 34 tacks 13 - Do the tacks panic? Can Tannehill carry them? Maybe next week.

Colts
Bills
Fins
Rams

Last week:
2-1

Overall:
16-10
"So you're saying there's a chance!".   - Lloyd Christmas

Colts over Jets
Bills over Jaguars
Dolphins over Texans
Rams over Titans

3-0 last week
18-8 overall
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

I'll go colts, bills, Texans, rams.

Colts because the jets suck, maybe 27-16.

Bills because the Jaguars suck. Could be 56-7, Jags get a garbage time TD.

Texans because the dolphins lost to the Jaguars. Something like 17-12.

Rams because Henry is out. Something like 34-13.

3-0 last week, 18-8 so far.

Indianapolis
Buffalo
Miami
LA Rams

(11-03-2021, 03:02 PM)Mikey Wrote: 2-1 last week. 19-7 on the year. I wanna get crazy, but tugging on the reins a bit.

Jets 20 indynoplace 19 - Is there enough film now to figure out Mike White? If he gets the win, does Wilson stay on the bench?
Buff 42 Duval 10 - I don't like the rumblings I've heard from some of our defensive players. They sound dejected, and I fear that the give-up is gonna start showing. Doesn't help that the Bills are a solid team on both sides.
Phins 10 tinhorns 3 - I fought hard not to pick the tinhorns here. Does flirting with Watson break Tua's desire to play in Miami or does Tua convince the team that they made the right choice?
Rams 34 tacks 13 - Do the tacks panic? Can Tannehill carry them? Maybe next week.

I need to stop drunjposting.

https://twitter.com/pfrumors/status/1457037440192024584?t=opj4_OyYijbSYqufMl8itA&s=19

For those of you who thought the Jags had a chance to win at least one more game this year. Tyrod is back...so how 'bout "NO"

Bills
Fins
Rams

(11-06-2021, 02:12 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: https://twitter.com/pfrumors/status/1457037440192024584?t=opj4_OyYijbSYqufMl8itA&s=19

For those of you who thought the Jags had a chance to win at least one more game this year. Tyrod is back...so how 'bout "NO"

I wouldn't be confident in the Jaguars winning against the texans if they were starting Nathan Peterman.

looks like tittians are going to win again this week.  they are undeafted since beating the jags  unforttanttly.

(11-03-2021, 12:39 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Last week in the AFC South was interesting, to say the least.  The tacks rallied from a 14-0 deficit on the road to beat the Colts, but in the process lost their all everything RB Derrick Henry for what is likely to be the remainder of the year.  Now we will see if the trade for Julio Jones will pay off for the tacks.  If he flops, it's likely the tacks will fade down the stretch, though the Colts may or may not have enough to catch them.  The Colts are still competitive, but I wonder how they can progress if they continue to be banged up.  My beloved Jaguars resumed their losing ways after a win in London and a bye week, with a demoralizing 31-7 loss in Seattle.  the team took some major steps back and seemingly lost all of the progress the team made since opening week with ridiculous penalties and otherwise sloppy play in all three phases of the game.  Finally, not only did Houston get beat again, they failed to finalize a trade of disgruntled QB Deshaun Watson.  So they will keep him on the roster and pay him millions to not play while they now hold out hope his off field legal matters are cleared up before the draft.  I don't even wish I could be sorry for them.  I'm glad their dysfunction continues.  Screw the texans!

As for my picks, I had a 3-0 week last week, but I wish I would have been wrong about my Jaguars.

On to this week's picks:

N.Y. Jets (2-5) at Colts (3-5)-The Colts get the advantage of being a host team on a short Thursday night week by hosting the Jets.  it's unclear whether rookie Zach Wilson will return to action after missing the last game or two with an injury, in large part because unknown and unheralded Mike White played lights out in a shocking win over the Bengals.  I don't think it'll matter much, though.  The colts have a better defense than the bengals, and their offense still manages to play well.  Colts win 26-14.

Buffahole (5-2) at Jaguars (1-6)  The only question in my mind is which game will be uglier for the Jaguars:  this game, or when we go to the Rams?  As I said in another thread, the Colts could sit Josh Allen, Diggs, and Tredavious White-their top three players-and still win by two TDs.  Though I would desperately love to be wrong...more than most times when i pick the Jaguars to lose because one of my closest friends is an obnoxious Bills fan-I see this result as inevitable.  Bills name the score and win 38-7.

Texans (1-7) at Dolphins (1-7) Perhaps the only thing more deflating for these teams than the Deshaun Watson trade that didn't happen are their seasons themselves, as the teams are a combined 2-14.  If the Dolphins didn't trade away their own pick, this game would have all of the earmarks of a Repus bowl for draft position.  but the Eagles fans will be rooting for the Texans to win.  Not sure i see that.  Dolphins win 21-17.

tacks (6-2) at L.A. Rams (7-1)-The tacks losing Derrick henry for the year last week takes some of the luster off this game.  It sucks to say that the tacks are still a solid team, but them losing Henry changes everything.  They are now much easier to defend now.  This is not a good thing going up against perhaps the most talented defense in football, who, by the way, just added Von Miller.  While Miller isn't what he was a few years ago, he is still good enough to command some attention away from Aaron Donald, which is never a good thing for opposing offenses.  Rams win 28-17.

Last week:  3-0
Overall:  19-7

I gladly and enthusiastically take 2-2 this week.

Overall 21-9

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2021, 08:37 AM by snowwolf776. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-03-2021, 12:50 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: 17-9 overall.  

this weeks winners will be 

colts

Rams

Dolphins

Bills

2-2 this week.     19-11 overal. unforttantly looks like tittians never lose a game again. all they have done is win since beating us. we started thier win strak unforttanttly. at same time though I'm glad jags upset bills.

(11-03-2021, 06:27 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: Colts over Jets
Bills over Jaguars
Dolphins over Texans
Rams over Titans

3-0 last week
18-8 overall

2-2 this week
20-10 overall

Appreciate the Jags taking out the Bills!
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

(11-03-2021, 01:03 PM)RicoTx Wrote: 2-1 last week
20-6 overall

Clots - I think this could go either way depending on which Wentz shows up
Bills - no comment
Fins - I was considering taking the Texans and might have if they were at home.  I could see this going either way as well
Ramseys - I think this could have gone either way if Henry were OK....but...

My first 2 loss week.  2-2.  Glad I was wrong on the Bills, the Ramseys...not so much.  Tacks D looked scary.

22-8 overall
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]