Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
OBJ (merged)

Should the Jags claim him on waivers?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I would. Will we? Doubt it.

I don't believe he is subject to waivers.

(11-05-2021, 08:03 AM)rufftime Wrote: I don't believe he is subject to waivers.

He is.

I'd put a claim in for him, but he has to make it to the Jaguars in the order. I wouldn't be shocked if someone ahead of us puts in a claim.

After the trade deadline, even the vested vets are subject to the waiver process.

(11-05-2021, 08:11 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote:
(11-05-2021, 08:03 AM)rufftime Wrote: I don't believe he is subject to waivers.

He is.

Oh OK, my mistake.

I would consider claiming him. His salary is high moving forward, but you don't owe anything past this year. If he does well in a tryout capacity in a different environment, that's great! If he doesn't do well, we move on.

I worry a bit about his affect on a locker room, but maybe being released is a wake up call.

I would claim him for sure

(11-05-2021, 08:38 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: I'd put a claim in for him, but he has to make it to the Jaguars in the order. I wouldn't be shocked if someone ahead of us puts in a claim.

We’re 3rd in the order, I believe. Lions and Texans are the only ones ahead, so .33% chance of a successful claim. IF the jags put in a claim, which lets be honest. They won’t.

I’d need to understand cap implications first.

If he wants out of the browns then he's going to pitch a fit and retire if he goes to a losing team.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

(11-05-2021, 09:27 AM)Protozoa Wrote: If he wants out of the browns then he's going to pitch a fit and retire if he goes to a losing team.

No loss by us if that’s the case. We’d owe him nothing ??‍♂️. Maybe he’d want to play with Trevor, seeing as his main gripe with the Browns was Baker.

He’s owed something like 15mil next year and 7/8mil remaining this year. Browns did some kind of restructuring to turn his remaining salary into a roster bonus, so I’m not sure of the implications of that. Cap gurus on this board could better explain maybe?

1DET
2. MIA
3. HOU
4. JAX

(11-05-2021, 09:27 AM)Protozoa Wrote: If he wants out of the browns then he's going to pitch a fit and retire if he goes to a losing team.

Perhaps. Or he'd enjoy being so close to South Beach and he'd instantly be the#1 Target get and also big fish in a little pond.

That all being said I'm not sure I want him.

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2021, 10:29 AM by Craigukjag. Edited 2 times in total.)

I’ve gone back n fourth on this all week, and I still don’t know.

My thought on veterans on the tail end of there careers has always been let a contending team pick them up and take the gamble, it’s hard to build a roster by loading up on aging players with so few cores on your roster.

That been said as far as I’m aware although obj has 2 years after this year left on his deal, I’m sure I read with going to waivers his last 2 years are void so the team are only on the hook for 8 mil this year then he walks away as a free agent.

A couple of weeks ago urban did a press conference saying Trevor was held back doing certain things as there focus this year was developing him, again I could be wrong but I remember a quote along the lines of “if we’d of let Trevor run early on we could of won a game or two” so if everything really is about developing Trevor do you get all the help you can so he can continue his growth this year.

Now on to obj You get a receiver who as I keep reading is name bigger than game, but he’s still arguably more talented than any receiver in our locker room. Again I get the arguments of he’s a locker room cancer, which if he is, he’s only here for 2 months how much damage can he really do. You might get a motivated obj knowing he has 2 months to put some good tape out there to get his big move in free agency.

It might be a good deal for both sides. But we will see, I’m still unsure so a pretty pointless post really

(11-05-2021, 10:18 AM)Jag88 Wrote: 1DET
2. MIA
3. HOU
4. JAX
Detroit claiming him would be HILARIOUS.

We need some talent. Having Jones and OJB as targets for Lawrence would instantly improve his confidence and outlook for the rest of the season.

(11-05-2021, 10:28 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-05-2021, 10:18 AM)Jag88 Wrote: 1DET
2. MIA
3. HOU
4. JAX
Detroit claiming him would be HILARIOUS.

Yeah. It would be. Well I hope the jags would pull the trigger. It should be for trevor. The problem is would the guy want to go to a losing team so far.

You have to go get him. It’s that simple.

no way jags even go after OBJ.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them.