Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
OBJ (merged)

We don't make sense for him, but he makes a ton of sense for us. I'd absolutely put in a claim for him.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I’d take him. But we won’t

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2021, 04:44 PM by JagsFanSince95.)

Tape doesn't lie. He's washed up/slow. I'm sure some team desperate for wr help(Us maybe) will claim him. Wouldn't be surprised if he cleared waivers either.

At this point, OBJ is just a name.

I hate the guy and have always thought he was more hype and showboat than an actual top notch receiver. Can't deny the big-time athletic talent, but the work ethic, the diligence, and any inkling of team-first mentality are all absent.

Add in the 2 injured shoulders and the question marks surrounding health and availability - and this is NOT a sure-thing-helpful-addition.

If they can ascertain that he'll actually be available to play and do so at near 100%, then you have to consider it.

If the doctors are wary, I'd be wary too.

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2021, 06:40 PM by rpr52121. Edited 2 times in total.)

I was hopeful for him this year and even drafted him to my fantasy team. The Browns have been a complete disappointment, but he is not completely washed up.

Sure he is not a top 5 WR in the league anymore, but he can still get open and be a threat. With a good QB and some scheming he is at least a WR2. T-Law even as a rookie would be the best QB he has had since Eli in his first couple seasons.

Sure, There are risks about claiming him here. Would be if he is mad because the team is "not contending"" or whatever? Can our coordinators get him open at all or make a reasonable passing scheme? Would he be mad because he seems really into wanting to have some choice on where he ends up?

Also, no one can deny that the Jags have probably the weakest WR room in the entire league. Also, he still changes how defenses have to play coverage for the offense. He could give some life to that position group and help the Jags see what T-Law can actually do even if he leaves.

Plus none of the teams I've seen him linked to would feature him at all. He would be the No. 2 or 3 targeted guy at best in every one of those offenses.

With all the holes on this team you won't able to fix them quickly without taking some risks. Plus even at a worst case, he is a rental for only this season which is all about development anyways.

I'm not going to shed any tears if we miss out on him or even if we decide not to put in a claim. However, if he's currently even 50% of what he once was he's probably better than anything else we have at WR and giving Trevor a weapon to work with helps with his development and that's all that really matters this year especially at this point with the record being what it is.

(11-05-2021, 04:44 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: Tape doesn't lie. He's washed up/slow. I'm sure some team desperate for wr help(Us maybe) will claim him. Wouldn't be surprised if he cleared waivers either.

What tape? All sports media was just going over the all 22 his dad pointed out all the times he toasted corners being 100% open. Corners around the league were sticking up for him today as well.
No Fun

I thought we were first on the waiver wire?

I think we should definitely put in a claim. Why not.

(11-05-2021, 04:44 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: Tape doesn't lie. He's washed up/slow. I'm sure some team desperate for wr help(Us maybe) will claim him. Wouldn't be surprised if he cleared waivers either.

It's Dez Bryant 2.0.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

(11-05-2021, 09:42 PM)surfon Wrote: I thought we were first on the waiver wire? 

I think we should definitely put in a claim.  Why not.

Waiver order is generated based on reverse standings. We're not last place in the league.

I think our wide receivers are all trash and I am a big fat NO on OBJ. His current day production isn't worth the headache. I'd rather have DJAX.

If we were to claim OBJ we would definately know what type of player he would be including being A Deva.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(11-05-2021, 12:04 PM)Upper Wrote: We don't make sense for him, but he makes a ton of sense for us. I'd absolutely put in a claim for him.

Why? He isn't the player he used to be. Just an expensive body that can't get open anymore.

Even if we managed to get him, it would take a few weeks to get him up to speed with the playbook, and to get him on the same page with Trevor. So, that will be about 10 games into the season. Not enough time for him to do much for us.

His contract has been altered so he's basically a $7m 10 game rental. I think he lands in Mia based on Parker being moved to IR.

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2021, 01:59 PM by JagsFanSince95. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-05-2021, 07:54 PM)nhiverson Wrote:

What tape? All sports media was just going over the all 22 his dad pointed out all the times he toasted corners being 100% open. Corners around the league were sticking up for him today as well.

Cherry picking is nice, but when you look at 2021's body of work, he's slow on routes, takes plays off and more times than not is covered. Tony Boselli also mentioned it on Jags Happy Hour with Prisco too, its not only my opinion. Dude is not in his prime anymore... Any WR can get open, but do they do it consistently and do they play hard on every down? The answer for OBJ is no, and that's just covering his on field work. Players used to talk up Kaep too, when we all could see it plain as day he fell off a cliff when it came to production, even before he was released. Players stick up for each other all the time, but the tape never lies.

This team has plenty of cap. There is nothing to lose by picking him up and trying to give Lawrence a weapon for the rest of the season

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3257...ources-say

You can forget us claiming him.

(11-07-2021, 07:13 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3257...ources-say

Not surprising. Expected actually. This is what most ringleess superstars who couldn't live up to their hype do at the end of their careers.

(11-07-2021, 07:13 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3257...ources-say

Does that mean he’ll be a Ram too?