Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
When Will We See Trevor’s Breakout Game?

We have seen the flashes of talent, and we have seen the rookie mistakes. When does Trevor Lawrence finally put it all together and start to lead this team with a breakout performance? Could it be this weekend, when expectations are the lowest? I think Trevor has to run the ball some to keep the chains moving and keep the defense honest. We need him to finally get the right balance of check downs versus challenging the defense down the field. I think we will all know it when we see it, but when do you guys think Trevor’s Breakout game comes? This weekend? Late in the year? Do we have to wait until next season?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-05-2021, 02:25 PM)Newton Wrote: We have seen the flashes of talent, and we have seen the rookie mistakes. When does Trevor Lawrence finally put it all together and start to lead this team with a breakout performance? Could it be this weekend, when expectations are the lowest? I think Trevor has to run the ball some to keep the chains moving and keep the defense honest. We need him to finally get the right balance of check downs versus challenging the defense down the field. I think we will all know it when we see it, but when do you guys think Trevor’s Breakout game comes? This weekend? Late in the year? Do we have to wait until next season?

I don't think we have the wide receivers for him to have a "breakout game."

He will not be fully operational until Darth Meyer is defeated. Don't believe what General Tarkin says we are not fully operational. Until Khan Skywalker hits the fans are exhausted port every game is nothing but alderaan destruction. Team is practicing in the debris field.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Week 15 at home against the Texans.

Some time next season.

When he actually gets a competent coaching staff and WRs
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

2026 when he's the QB for the Rams

I think it could happen any game now. The wrs have to quit killing drives with drops. The play calling needs to be on point

(11-05-2021, 02:49 PM)Kane Wrote: 2026 when he's the QB for the Rams

Jeez that is scary.  Stafford retires and they give us 2 First Round picks and some on the board are glad to get rid of the malcontent.  We shouldn't even type that into existence.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

I think we will see his breakout game this year. I think it may come when we least expect it. However, the guy has too much talent to just meander through a whole year of football. I agree laviska getting over the dropsies would help a lot.

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2021, 05:32 PM by NewJagsCity.)

Sometime in 2022. Not enough help this year.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Probably next year, but there's a chance we see a really strong performance one week or two this year.

(If Bevell gets out of his own way long enough to accomplish what should be obvious)

(11-05-2021, 02:27 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(11-05-2021, 02:25 PM)Newton Wrote: We have seen the flashes of talent, and we have seen the rookie mistakes. When does Trevor Lawrence finally put it all together and start to lead this team with a breakout performance? Could it be this weekend, when expectations are the lowest? I think Trevor has to run the ball some to keep the chains moving and keep the defense honest. We need him to finally get the right balance of check downs versus challenging the defense down the field. I think we will all know it when we see it, but when do you guys think Trevor’s Breakout game comes? This weekend? Late in the year? Do we have to wait until next season?

That was my first thought as well.  There's not really enough talent at the skill positions for this offense to do much more than plod along.

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2021, 06:09 PM by High Octane.)

When OBJ signs and Trevor throws him two 60+ yard TD's Big Grin

(11-05-2021, 05:40 PM)scottyg Wrote:
(11-05-2021, 02:27 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: I don't think we have the wide receivers for him to have a "breakout game."

That was my first thought as well.  There's not really enough talent at the skill positions for this offense to do much more than plod along.

I think if you had good days from Jones, Shenault and Arnold along with one of the back-up RBs collecting a half dozen catches it could happen. 
I do not think that Bevell will use those four targets appropriately enough on one Sunday to get it done though. 
Would be lightning in a bottle IMO.

I think continuing to mix in some QB runs may be helpful. We saw that against the Titans and Miami, but it seemed to disappear again last week. It may have just been due to the Seattle d -line wrecking us.

Generational WB prospect and we don't even expect him to have a breakout game this year. It's amazing to me how Urban took a 1-15 team and made it worse.

#becausejaguars

We get the colts twice and rhe jets once. As well as as Texans again. All 3 are awful against the pass. I expect one of those games to be his breakout

I’m just hoping for a respectable performance this weekend. The Bills game has the chance to get ugly.

(11-05-2021, 02:27 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:

This.

TL won't have his brekout game until he has breakout receivers and offensive linemen who can pass protect better than they did last week.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!