Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
When Will We See Trevor’s Breakout Game?

(11-05-2021, 04:14 PM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(11-05-2021, 02:49 PM)Kane Wrote: 2026 when he's the QB for the Rams

Jeez that is scary.  Stafford retires and they give us 2 First Round picks and some on the board are glad to get rid of the malcontent.  We shouldn't even type that into existence.

I was thinking a year after the franchise tag he refuses to sign with us and we probably don't even get picks.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This should put Trevor over-the-top:

https://twitter.com/JaguarsPR/status/145...87360?s=20

(11-06-2021, 05:31 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: This should put Trevor over-the-top:

https://twitter.com/JaguarsPR/status/145...87360?s=20

Now we can put the OBJ talk to bed. Finally
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Whenever the front office decides to put talent around him
Here we go again

(11-06-2021, 09:34 PM)Preach Wrote: Whenever the front office decides to put talent around him

THIS front office?

It really is a shame Chark and Etienne both got hurt, since they were projected to be our main playmakers outside of James Robinson. I think there is a chance of a 1st round receiver in the draft if there is an elite prospect (since we will be drafting top 5).

(11-06-2021, 11:16 PM)Newton Wrote: It really is a shame Chark and Etienne both got hurt, since they were projected to be our main playmakers outside of James Robinson. I think there is a chance of a 1st round receiver in the draft if there is an elite prospect (since we will be drafting top 5).

[BLEEP] would have probably worked out much better if this FO had known Robinson was an integral piece back in March 

Instead they blew a draft pick and pissed away two reg season games before discovering his talent that was obvious to everyone else on the planet

(11-07-2021, 02:47 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-06-2021, 11:16 PM)Newton Wrote: It really is a shame Chark and Etienne both got hurt, since they were projected to be our main playmakers outside of James Robinson. I think there is a chance of a 1st round receiver in the draft if there is an elite prospect (since we will be drafting top 5).

[BLEEP] would have probably worked out much better if this FO had known Robinson was an integral piece back in March 

Instead they blew a draft pick and pissed away two reg season games before discovering his talent that was obvious to everyone else on the planet

How dare you criticize Urban Meyer!

How. 

Dare. 

YOU.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-07-2021, 02:47 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Wasnt Trent Baalke here when we drafted Robinson? Not trying to excuse Urban in any form, but at least he wasnt here last season when Robinson was our only bright spot, Baalke was here the whole time. Why didnt he say anything to Urban? (Yes i know urban should have already known but when it was clear he didnt thats where Baalke shouldve stepped in...

(11-07-2021, 08:39 AM)MIJagsFan Wrote:
(11-07-2021, 02:47 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [BLEEP] would have probably worked out much better if this FO had known Robinson was an integral piece back in March 

Wasnt Trent Baalke here when we drafted Robinson? Not trying to excuse Urban in any form, but at least he wasnt here last season when Robinson was our only bright spot, Baalke was here the whole time. Why didnt he say anything to Urban? (Yes i know urban should have already known but when it was clear he didnt thats where Baalke shouldve stepped in...

Robinson wasn't drafted and Baalke is Urban's yes man.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

If Etienne didn’t get hurt then our offense wouldn’t be as stagnant as it is. Now, without Robinson we’re even worse. You need playmakers and Robinson doesn’t have break away speed. Etienne does and he got hurt. It’s not a wasted pick, but I wouldn’t expect most people that post here to understand injuries are unavoidable.

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2021, 09:02 AM by TrivialPursuit. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-07-2021, 08:54 AM)Bruuval Wrote: If Etienne didn’t get hurt then our offense wouldn’t be as stagnant as it is. Now, without Robinson we’re even worse. You need playmakers and Robinson doesn’t have break away speed. Etienne does and he got hurt. It’s not a wasted pick, but I wouldn’t expect most people that post here to understand injuries are unavoidable.

Based on...? College?

Robinson has proven to be an elite talent in the actual NFL.

My god some of you people drink the UM kool-aid way too hard, he sucks at identifying viable NFL talent. Etienne is nothing special - and now with a linsfranc? He will probably be much slower than Robinson - and oh yea, Robinson is more EXPLOSIVE than Etienne ever showed in College. He may be the fastest to the line in the entire league.

Trevor will have a breakout game when this team finally surrounds him with some consistent talent......... so no time soon.

(11-07-2021, 08:54 AM)Bruuval Wrote: If Etienne didn’t get hurt then our offense wouldn’t be as stagnant as it is. Now, without Robinson we’re even worse. You need playmakers and Robinson doesn’t have break away speed. Etienne does and he got hurt. It’s not a wasted pick, but I wouldn’t expect most people that post here to understand injuries are unavoidable.

When you need help everywhere on this team besides at QB and RB, you simply don't take another RB at #25 overall.

It was a wasted pick.

I guess I'm the optimist.  I can't say when and where, but I do think Lawrence will have a break out game this year.  It is easy to say "they suck", but with 10 games remaining, there will be one game where the offense gets it together.  It would help a ton if our receivers could have a game without so many drops.

(11-07-2021, 01:41 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: I guess I'm the optimist.  I can't say when and where, but I do think Lawrence will have a break out game this year.  It is easy to say "they suck", but with 10 games remaining, there will be one game where the offense gets it together.  It would help a ton if our receivers could have a game without so many drops.

I see Lawrence steadily improving until he looks supremely confident by the end of the season, but until we can get him some legitimate weapons, he'll struggle to break it open. There might be one game where the offense all comes together, but I don't see it being a repetitive occurrence until next season.