Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
FORD at Nickleback mvp!

Hard sell on this. Beathard's pass was a great throw, but the Defense changed and creeped towards the box pre-snap when Beathard came into the game, they gave a different look than Lawrence was getting and essentially dared Beathard to take the shot to Arnold there. If they gave Lawrence the same look he'd probably make a similar play.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-09-2021, 12:01 PM)Firesky Wrote: Hard sell on this. Beathard's pass was a great throw, but the Defense changed and creeped towards the box pre-snap when Beathard came into the game, they gave a different look than Lawrence was getting and essentially dared Beathard to take the shot to Arnold there. If they gave Lawrence the same look he'd probably make a similar play.

It's true. 

Typical defensive adjustment to a backup QB. Sell out to stop the likely increased run calls and let the backup make mistakes in the pass game. 
And they absolutely did this. 
Bevell initially fell right into the run/run/run trap, but to his credit, he started calling pass plays when he realized the shift had occurred.

(11-09-2021, 11:18 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Not a Nickelback fan by any means but here's a fast fact:

Nickelback got its band name from the fact that a band member was working in Starbucks and the bill on a latte (or some other popular drinks) used to come up to $4.95 and people would hand him a $5 bill (essentially no tip) so he'd always yell to them "Here's your nickel back" as they were walking out the door.

I don’t go to Starbucks but… are tips expected?

(11-09-2021, 01:39 PM)FatimaJaguar Wrote:
(11-09-2021, 11:18 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Not a Nickelback fan by any means but here's a fast fact:

Nickelback got its band name from the fact that a band member was working in Starbucks and the bill on a latte (or some other popular drinks) used to come up to $4.95 and people would hand him a $5 bill (essentially no tip) so he'd always yell to them "Here's your nickel back" as they were walking out the door.

You got me.  The closest thing that I get to Starbucks is the free coffee at Publix .... and Covid-19 destroyed that entire perk (pun intended)

(11-09-2021, 01:39 PM)FatimaJaguar Wrote:

Depends on what neighborhood or town you are in, but tipping is not uncommon in American coffee shops. 
I travel constantly for work and have seen a wide range of tipping options presented at Starbucks and other coffee shops. 

A really nice coffee shop in Northern CA I visited on Saturday featured an automatic 15% tip for baristas and servers at the checkout kiosk - and you could adjust it up to 25% in increments - or select a flat 1$, 2$, 3$, 4$ option.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!