Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Good, The Bad and The Ugly from the Bills Game

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2021, 06:29 PM by TheDuke007. Edited 2 times in total.)

The Good

• We won against a team that some considered prior to the game to be the favorite to win the Super Bowl.  We were a 14.5 point under dog.  The Jaguars went from probably their worst game of the season last week to their best this week.
  • Defense, Defense, Defense!  We held the team that was averaging 32.7 points per game (the best in the NFL) to only 6 points.
  • Josh Allen pretty much did everything.  He had a sack, an interception and a fumble recovery.  He also had 8 solo tackles including 2 for a loss and a pass defense.  He was also very disruptive on many plays that don't appear on the stat sheet.
  • Rudy Ford played a good game including an interception and a tipped ball.
  • Taven Bryan had 2 sacks.  He only had .5 sacks all last year.
  • Great overall pressure by the defense.  Besides players already mentioned, Smoot also had a sack.
  • The Jaguars had more take aways today (3) than they have had all season (2).
  • The Jaguars were 2 for 2 in 4th down conversions.
  • Despite a scare, Trevor Lawrence was able to quickly return to the game after being injured.

The Bad
  • Bevell is still lousy at calling plays.     
  • The Jaguars were only 2 for 13 in converting 3rd downs.
  • Hyde only had a 3.2 yards per carry average and had a fumble.
  • We're still seeing too many dropped passes.
  • Campbell still sucks.
  • The refs.  They made mistakes on both sides.  They also had many flags called late, had to make corrections and often called the penalty on the wrong player. 

The Ugly
  • The Jaguars only scored 9 points today with no touchdowns.  I know we had some injured players, but that's not going to win you many games.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2021, 06:35 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

I’d add kicker to the bad category.  Wright missed three times on one attempt.  Granted penalties on it, but still. 

I almost feel bad talking about the bad.  Aside from Hyde’s fumble and the missed kicks, was a refreshing and exciting game to watch.  Most unexpected.  Sure, the offense could’ve played better.  But had Hyde not fumbled perhaps they make it in the endzone. 

Team definitely showed they were hungry on defense.

I’m not exactly on the Meyer train, but seems like things are starting to come together a bit.

Just good today. We got a win. Big Grin

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2021, 06:39 PM by TheO-LineMatters. Edited 1 time in total.)

[Image: RedAnimatedBrocketdeer-max-1mb.gif]

We won. That's all that matters.

(11-07-2021, 06:33 PM)Jags Wrote: I’d add kicker to the bad category.  Wright missed three times on one attempt.  Granted penalties on it, but still. 

I almost feel bad talking about the bad.  Aside from Hyde’s fumble and the missed kicks, was a refreshing and exciting game to watch.  Most unexpected.  Sure, the offense could’ve played better.  But had Hyde not fumbled perhaps they make it in the endzone. 

Team definitely showed they were hungry on defense.

I’m not exactly on the Meyer train, but seems like things are starting to come together a bit.

I considered that, but it only counts as one missed kick.  He ultimately went 3 for 4 on kicks with a 55 yarder.  The one miss wasn't quite enough to make the bad, IMO.

There's only The Good in a W. No Bad, No Ugly.

NH3...
"AZANE"

The biggest good from all of this is that it looks like Trevor is going to be ok. When he got up and tried to put weight on his ankle and just instantly dropped, looked like it was really bad.

Defensive play calling was very good as well. In particular, the blitz that was called on the Allen interception was well disguised and created the pressure that led to the errant throw. Good call and execution by the D.

I’ve felt like this team is actually being coached up for a while now. Give credit to whomever you wish if not Meyer. There are bad play calls at times sure, but it seems like an overall low talent roster over achieving most of the time to me.

(11-07-2021, 07:47 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Defensive play calling was very good as well.  In particular, the blitz that was called on the Allen interception was well disguised and created the pressure that led to the errant throw.  Good call and execution by the D. 

I’ve felt like this team is actually being coached up for a while now.  Give credit to whomever you wish if not Meyer.  There are bad play calls at times sure, but it seems like an overall low talent roster over achieving most of the time to me.

Cullen had a good day with putting his guys in better spots to succeed. The usage of zone to better fit his current DB room, jettisoning a struggling Herndon and using Ford, and most of his blitz calls all deserve mention.
 Interesting that he went to more man coverage when they needed that last stop. Looking forward to rewatching to get a better handle on the various coverages used. 

That Wingard blitz wasn't working (two first downs to open slot WR), but several others created pressure and more.

(11-07-2021, 06:50 PM)Eric1 Wrote: The biggest good from all of this is that it looks like Trevor is going to be ok. When he got up and tried to put weight on his ankle and just instantly dropped, looked like it was really bad.
Oh I was ready to quit after that.

However when he played, he definitely missed some throws that he needs to make. The throw to Marvin Jones down the left sideline (granted he had 3 defenders in his face) and then the wheel route to Agnew that he underthrew. With that said, Bills have the #1 ranked D in the league.

GOT THAT W THOUGH

(11-07-2021, 07:56 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-07-2021, 06:50 PM)Eric1 Wrote: The biggest good from all of this is that it looks like Trevor is going to be ok. When he got up and tried to put weight on his ankle and just instantly dropped, looked like it was really bad.
Oh I was ready to quit after that.

However when he played, he definitely missed some throws that he needs to make. The throw to Marvin Jones down the left sideline (granted he had 3 defenders in his face) and then the wheel route to Agnew that he underthrew. With that said, Bills have the #1 ranked D in the league.

GOT THAT W THOUGH

Yea he had Jones wide open on that play, but he was falling back because of the defenders in his face and threw it off his back foot.

He gutted through it though and there's no doubt some of those throws were off because of that ankle.

I'm telling you the team plays best in the teal socks.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We Win...

NH3...
"AZANE"

(11-07-2021, 08:19 PM)mikesez Wrote: I'm telling you the team plays best in the teal socks.
It is all about the socks man...
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2021, 09:38 PM by jaguarmvp. Edited 2 times in total.)

https://www.reddit.com/r/Jaguars/comment...urce=share
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(11-07-2021, 08:29 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/ESPNdirocco/status/1...42720?s=20

Jagwads strike again

In honor of Today's win, I feel like I should eat Buffalo Wings all week.

Obviously it's great to get the W. Defense was on point! But our offensive play calling is still atrocious. Bevell is a tool. When we were inside the 5, Trevor threw an out route to the right, and the same out route to the left. Both times, the receivers were not even open. Is that the only thing that Bevell could come up with from the playbook? Simplistic plan, just expecting Trevor to work a miracle.

This has to stop

(11-07-2021, 06:36 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [Image: RedAnimatedBrocketdeer-max-1mb.gif]

We won. That's all that matters.
thought we had no chance