Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Good, The Bad and The Ugly from the Bills Game

I thought the coaching was better on both sides. Defensive coaching obviously looks a lot better when the dline plays really well. But I thought they were more creative on blitzes and pass rushing stunts. We actually had a number of times an unblocked rusher made it through the line.
Yes the Bills were able to beat some of those blitzes on third down but the rush was getting there. QB Allen had to make the right read, make a good throw, and the WRs had to beat their guy off the line. Sometimes the offense makes a good play. But definitely a big improvement from us blitzing and getting nobody there. As far as the offense I thought we were more creative. That 4th down play where we threw to Agnew for the first, that was one of the rare times we bunched our WRs and actually schemed a guy open. And I liked seeing us get Agnew and Viska the ball via handoffs and other ways out of the backfield.

Lawrence wasn't great in the second half but you could see him limping at times and grabbing his ankle. Especially after that 4th down sneak. So I think we can give him a pass on being off. But he did miss some big plays as others have mentioned. The fade to Arnold in the endzone was short. The deep pass to Agnew was underthrown. And then to Jones overthrown. None of them were easy throws. Don't remember the Agnew one but the other two there was definitely some pressuring coming so he had to throw maybe a little earlier than he wanted. Mentioned in another thread it feels like they are really trying to rein him in but if he only gets a handful of opportunities each game, he needs to hit them. I kind of miss the Trevor that was leading the league in downfield pass attempts.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I still don’t understand how Agnew dropped that rope Beathard put into his hands.

(11-08-2021, 09:15 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I still don’t understand how Agnew dropped that rope Beathard put into his hands.

Big moment for a guy with so little experience, everything about it was perfect except holding on to the ball. I was glad to see that Bevell remembered that Beathard throws a nice deep ball.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Good:
- Always good to see the team win. And especially in this case, it required the team to hunker down and protect a lead. That's stuff the team will be able to build upon.
- Walker Little got a bunch of PT, sounds like Cam hurt something pregame. more on this later.
- Trevor coming back in after a scare, a lot of people had to be saying their prayers of thanksgiving after that!

Bad:
- Little got beat for an early sack, but eventually settled in. Other than stepping on TLaw's ankle, I don't think much was heard from him. Not a very bad thing, but could have been disastrous play out of his control.
- I can't help but feel like we left a lot of opportunity on the table. 3 turnovers, almost no points. In the same fashion, I think the Bills did so much wrong that there's ample room for excuses to dismiss away the win as a team that lost the game more than the other team securing the win. Again, minor bad, and in the end, we got the win so screw the naysayers.
- We have no run game without JRob in the lineup. For TLaw to break out, we need a run game that commands a D's attention.

Ugly:
- The collective groan in the stadium as TLaw went back to the turf after getting his ankle rolled. Thankfully I had not just eaten, or I might have lost my lunch when he went down. So glad it was just minor.

One other good that isn't being mentioned is that by giving up only 6 points, we are no longer in talks about breaking the record for most consecutive games giving up 20 or more points.

Good is the team played as a team.

Bad and ugly us how Trevor is treated. WR drops, dumb penalties and fumbles are working against him getting in a groove. They are coaching down his potential as well. He is thinking too long on the deeper routes.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Good:
Defensive adjustments - zone coverage, Ford at NB, blitz usage, personnel rotation up front, all were improvements.

Bad:
Offensive game-plan and play-calling. OK, it wasn't terrible, but they certainly haven't figured out how to use the talent available the way Cullen's group did yesterday. I know everyone doesn't want to see Trevor limited on deep looks, and I'm in agreement to an extent, but yesterday was a day they absolutely should have ben dialing up lots of dink and dunk stuff and they didn't. A rookie LT nearly breaking your #1 pick's ankle is your result.
It should have been a bunch of 3 step drops and quick releases for Trevor yesterday but he was looking intermediate/deep too often and it cost us in production IMO. That defense they faced allows the fewest deep balls in the entire league. Not a day to challenge that with a rookie QB, missing 3 o-linemen, while your RT has been leaking pressure weekly. Bad game-plan offensively.

Ugly:
Still way too many stupid penalties on offense. They make it so difficult to accumulate conversions.

This kicker a'int it y'all.
Nice job in the clutch in London, but he's looking like another Myers in the making. He also can't boot it deep on kick-offs.
Gotta keep looking.

(11-08-2021, 02:21 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Good:
Defensive adjustments - zone coverage, Ford at NB, blitz usage, personnel rotation up front, all were improvements.

Bad:
Offensive game-plan and play-calling. OK, it wasn't terrible, but they certainly haven't figured out how to use the talent available the way Cullen's group did yesterday. I know everyone doesn't want to see Trevor limited on deep looks, and I'm in agreement to an extent, but yesterday was a day they absolutely should have ben dialing up lots of dink and dunk stuff and they didn't. A rookie LT nearly breaking your #1 pick's ankle is your result.
It should have been a bunch of 3 step drops and quick releases for Trevor yesterday but he was looking intermediate/deep too often and it cost us in production IMO. That defense they faced allows the fewest deep balls in the entire league. Not a day to challenge that with a rookie QB, missing 3 o-linemen, while your RT has been leaking pressure weekly. Bad game-plan offensively.

Ugly:
Still way too many stupid penalties on offense. They make it so difficult to accumulate conversions.

Nice job in the clutch in London, but he's looking like another Myers in the making. He also can't boot it deep on kick-offs.
Gotta keep looking.
If he's the next Meyers, Jags need to keep him! Meyers has been awesome in Seattle.

(11-08-2021, 02:23 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-08-2021, 02:21 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Good:

Bad:

Ugly:

Gotta keep looking.
If he's the next Meyers, Jags need to keep him! Meyers has been awesome in Seattle.

He kicked 63% last year and has missed 4 FGs  this season.

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2021, 02:32 PM by Cleatwood. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-08-2021, 02:26 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-08-2021, 02:23 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: If he's the next Meyers, Jags need to keep him! Meyers has been awesome in Seattle.

He kicked 63% last year and has missed 4 FGs  this season.
Huh? Last year he didn't miss a single field goal.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/p...elog/2020/

He has missed 4 this year but I was more basing my comment on last year.

(11-08-2021, 02:21 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: This kicker a'int it y'all.
Gotta keep looking.

I said it back then... Should have figured out a way to keep Lambo. PS, IR, whatever. 
Meyer in the moment made yet another horrible choice of roster management. Wright wasn't great prior to getting a couple lucky long balls. Lambo was certainly struggling mentally but his physical ability was worth "wasting" a roster spot or squad spot on a team full of cuttable players

(11-07-2021, 06:47 PM)NH3 Wrote: There's only The Good in a W. No Bad, No Ugly.

NH3...

THIS!

in pro football, you take them however they come. Just win baby

In the momen - I was really let down by the missed FG, Hyde’s fumble, and watching Trevor limp off the field. But Trevor came back and we won so all good for me.

(11-08-2021, 02:31 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-08-2021, 02:26 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: He kicked 63% last year and has missed 4 FGs  this season.
Huh? Last year he didn't miss a single field goal.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/p...elog/2020/

He has missed 4 this year but I was more basing my comment on last year.

Hmmm. I must've looked at the wrong column earlier. Interesting #becausejaguars year for him last year. LOL

(11-08-2021, 06:25 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: https://twitter.com/CJErrickson_NFL/stat...x8Mug&s=19

Wilson was flashing more than ever yesterday.
Nice to see!