Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Taven Bryan love?

If the light has finally come on for Bryan this will only mean good things for us going forward
A good loser is a good loser

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

They even started to double team him a bunch today because of his disruption, was good to see.

(11-07-2021, 10:02 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: He's had such a lackluster career here with the Jags over the years,  it was good to see him produce today. Just saw his press conference from after today's game...suddenly all the past penalties and missed assignments seem to make sense.

He did come off like forest Gump. His athletic ability is there.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(11-07-2021, 10:03 PM)Jag88 Wrote: He comes across a little goofy if that's the right word. Hes super laid back? Great game for him

"Football is not a game for the well-adjusted" personified.

(11-07-2021, 10:19 PM)jag2543 Wrote: If the light has finally come on for Bryan this will only mean good things for us going forward

I'm very anxious to see if he can follow this up with more good games. It is highly unusual for someone to become a good NFL player after close to 4 years of being horrible. It would be a great bonus for this team if he proves that yesterday does not turn out to be a fluke.

(11-08-2021, 10:12 AM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(11-07-2021, 10:19 PM)jag2543 Wrote: If the light has finally come on for Bryan this will only mean good things for us going forward

I'm very anxious to see if he can follow this up with more good games. It is highly unusual for someone to become a good NFL player after close to 4 years of being horrible. It would be a great bonus for this team if he proves that yesterday does not turn out to be a fluke.

Rich Gannon was a journeyman who was one of the better QBs his last few years. Sen'Derrick Marks became a monster after a few years of mediocrity. Those two come to mind. Maybe there are others.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

Boselli indicated Cullen simplified his role. Use him on passing situations to push the pocket, using his strength, while minimizing his need to find the ball.

(11-08-2021, 10:48 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(11-08-2021, 10:12 AM)jaglou53 Wrote: I'm very anxious to see if he can follow this up with more good games. It is highly unusual for someone to become a good NFL player after close to 4 years of being horrible. It would be a great bonus for this team if he proves that yesterday does not turn out to be a fluke.

Rich Gannon was a journeyman who was one of the better QBs his last few years. Sen'Derrick Marks became a monster after a few years of mediocrity. Those two come to mind. Maybe there are others.

These are 2 good examples. 99% of players who get drafted have plenty of talent. The reason why some underachieve so much is likely due to a number of factors such as Bad coaching, bad fit for the team's scheme, lack of confidence, etc. I'm far from confident that Bryan will keep it up, but stranger things have happened. If the coaches can begin to utilize the best schemes to maximize the strengths of players like Bryan, Chaisson and Campbell the defense may not be that far away from having many more games like yesterday.

(11-08-2021, 10:49 AM)ATLjag Wrote: Boselli indicated Cullen simplified his role.  Use him on passing situations to push the pocket, using his strength, while minimizing his need to find the ball.

Sometimes players, no matter the level, can only do one thing really well. It is your job as a coach to set them up so that they can succeed.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Bryan is only 25, I wonder if Bryan can finally start putting it together. That would be huge for our d if he can

(11-08-2021, 10:49 AM)ATLjag Wrote: Boselli indicated Cullen simplified his role.  Use him on passing situations to push the pocket, using his strength, while minimizing his need to find the ball.

Whatever he did, keep doing that!

Saw him lined up at the nose on a few plays. IMO that is his best position or one gap 3 tech.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

It has taken too long, but i'm really happy to see Cullen figuring out how to use his chess pieces. (Even if his board is 90% pawns)

We saw adjustments yesterday indicating he's figuring a few things out.

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2021, 03:25 PM by Jag149.)

I do hope this means better things going forward for Taven. It would be refreshing to have a draft pick put it all together while playing here. Up to now they either get traded or released and do that for the new team. Now that would definitely be the system working.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

Do Interior Defense Linemen take a few year to normally figure things out? Like it is there precedent for Taven turn it all around?

I do not think he's the sharpest tool in the shed but hopefully we found something he can use his brute force to be productive.  TBD

[Image: xxpXfx5.jpeg]

Now we have to pay him…lol
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

If he can play like this the rest of the season, pick up his 5th year option if I'm not mistaken

He solidified himself as the NT. I’d put his behind at nose and tell him to wreck shop.

Hopefully this is a major confidence booster for him. Sometimes it just takes one game to be like "Oh yeah, that's how you are supposed to do it."