Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mid Season Rookie Thoughts

Jags are 2-6 and are pretty much at the halfway point of the year. What are your thoughts on the rookies? Players that have underachieved and maybe some who have been better than you thought. What are you looking for out of them in the 2nd half of the season.

Although I'm not worried about him at all, I feel like Trevor is leaving too many plays on the field. Missing some throws that we all know he should make. Now he's definitely not getting help as players seem to be dropping way too many balls but still.

Campbell to me seems to be the biggest disappointment. He hasn't really made any eye-opening plays and he gets toasted way too often.

I'm hoping we see more Cisco during the second half of the season as well as Trevor really take command of this offense.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Mid season thoughts: draft was bad outside of Lawrence, and we're not seeing what he can really do because the offensive line is playing really bad right now. For example, the last throw on Sunday where he overthrew Marvin Jones by a yard was off his back foot because pressure came up the middle almost immediately.

3 rookies have had significant playing time. Trevor, Campbell and Farrel. Trevor is going to be fine. Farrel has shown some blocking ability and limited pass catching consistency. Campbell has struggled at times but may have had his best game Sunday. We finally got a long look at Walker at LT Sunday. Shows he is a rookie but, other than the sack and being pushed into Trevor on that one play, he did OK. Cisco has not gotten enough playing time to gauge him yet. Overall I would give the group that has played a B- so far

I am seeing how coaching breeds regression. Lawrence is handcuffed and coached to minimize mistakes and he is hesitating. Challenge is on the coaches to do better by him. They need to catch the passes and extend drives.

Off season was an overall loss. They didn't get much out of their first draft, free agency or installation phases. I hope they can do better because we are stuck with them.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Trevor : A+ - he's taking his share of rookie lumps and his coaches threw him to the wolves for his first two games with horrendous game planning, but he's got insane talent and should develop into a quality franchise QB quickly

Etienne : ??? Don't like the pick, but he could end up being a key part of the offense next year if the injury doesn't ruin him. Fingers crossed.

Campbell: D - They rolled the dice that the kid could learn to track the ball and so far that looks like it will be a long term project. He's a gifted athlete with some positive traits but he's not ready yet, and may never be. Fingers crossed again on this one.

Walker Little: ??? Looks like he's got the raw ability to succeed at OT in the league but needs to get some hand technique polished up and learn to finish stronger. Could be a home run pick, could be a career back-up. Fingers... well, you know.

Cisco - ??? It's absolutely insane they aren't getting this guy on the field. He needs to be playing in this secondary. I think you replace Wingard with this guy and you will see results similar to the Ford>Herndon switch.

Tufele - ??? Injured now and was a healthy inactive for weeks prior to that. Might be a good rotational run stuffer. We'll find out next year, I guess?

Jordan Smith - ??? Project player or bust. Who knows at this point?

Farrell - C - Decent blocker, below avg receiving TE.

Camp - F - waived August 31

Trevor - I like what i am seeing with Trevor, yes he has struggled last couple weeks, but he also has a bunch of drops from his playmakers. but Trevor will be good he shows alot of poise and leadership that this team needs.

Little - has been good in Preseason made his debut against buffalo and for a guy who wasn't expecting to start did well for himself, one bad play he got pushed back on, he was able to stay up instead of being pushed over which could off been a very bad situation for Trevor. but he Ran Block well and didn't hear his name called often.

Farrell - I am disappointed in the amount of bad plays he has in limited snaps. i don't understand this pick for a blocking a TE so high in the first place, he has upside though.

Campbell - has looked like a rookie, he covers well but can't make the plays, maybe with changing to more of a zone it will help him out better

DT- can't remember his name, but he has been pretty good generating penetration until he hurt his hand. he was looking good with Hamilton.

i am excited for the 2nd half of the season, i hope we see more Cisco as the season goes forward.

(11-09-2021, 02:32 PM)icey14 Wrote: Trevor - I like what i am seeing with Trevor, yes he has struggled last couple weeks, but he also has a bunch of drops from his playmakers. but Trevor will be good he shows alot of poise and leadership that this team needs.

Little - has been good in Preseason made his debut against buffalo and for a guy who wasn't expecting to start did well for himself, one bad play he got pushed back on, he was able to stay up instead of being pushed over which could off been a very bad situation for Trevor.  but he Ran Block well and didn't hear his name called often.

Farrell - I am disappointed in the amount of bad plays he has in limited snaps.  i don't understand this pick for a blocking a TE so high in the first place, he has upside though.

Campbell - has looked like a rookie, he covers well but can't make the plays, maybe with changing to more of a zone it will help him out better

DT- can't remember his name, but he has been pretty good generating penetration until he hurt his hand.  he was looking good with Hamilton.

i am excited for the 2nd half of the season,  i hope we see more Cisco as the season goes forward.

The DT, Jay Tufele, was a healthy scratch for multiple games, is on IR now, and did not record a single stat during whatever minutes he actually played. You're probably thinking of Malcolm Brown who has been pretty average this year.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

That could be. I think ibwas mixing them up

From what we have seen so far

Trevor A- He is talented and he is improving but imo he is not the generational talent everyone was saying, he hasn't shown that. Again, he is talented I don't see him ever being elite with what he has shown so far.
Etienne C hasn't played but taking a RB in the first while having Robinson is such a joke
Campbell C- Dude has no clue what to do as soon as the ball is in the air
Little C- I didn't watch most of the game but he can't even win a starting spot over Cam so...
Cisco C- Can't earn a starting spot over Wingard lol
Tufele C-
Smith D
Farrell C
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

TLaw - A
ETN - F for the pick, I for the production
Little - C
Cisco - I
Tufele - I
Farrell - B, mostly because he's playing. But it's more about how bad that unit is than how good he is; otoh, he's beat out Manhertz, so I guess that's good?
Smith - Can't get on the game day roster, D
Camp - F only because they didn't keep him when I thought they should've. 3rd day picks don't do much anyway, but the tinhorns at least made a spot for him.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I like what I saw out of little. That's not easy to play left tackle against a defense like the Bills. T-law is the franchise. Like most of us, I'd like to see cisco get some reps even if hes not starting. I wonder what the deal is. Campbell is at least fast enough to stick to his man. Hopefully he gets better at knocking the ball down. Hes right on it. Ferrel dropped a pass that pissed me off against Bills

Luke Farrell sucks. Dude is going to get Trevor killed with his missed blocking assignments. When he has an opportunity to be a receiving target, his rock hands can't hang on to the ball.

He is Urb's guy from OSU and their families are friends so I can only assume Urb will keep Luke through training camp next year to see if he can develop into backup TE in the NFL.

Can't really judge a draft class when you don't get to see them play.

We're half way through the season and really have no clue what we have in our rookie class.

Not a single rookie has impressed yet. Trevor included. I'm still not worried about him, but it would be a lie to say he has been anywhere near as good as we hoped thus far.

Trevor will be fine and is looking ok.
Campbell is smh worthy.
Etienne hasnt played yet.
Little looked ok with potential.
Cisco should be playing but because jags.
Farrel can hopefully be a good number 2 one day.

Waiting on Kayvon or stingley in the draft next year or trading down. Playoff run just hurts us unless u believe in the GM to hit on picks and FAs no matter what. I, as prob assumed, have no faith in Baalke.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(11-09-2021, 11:25 PM)Upper Wrote: Not a single rookie has impressed yet. Trevor included. I'm still not worried about him, but it would be a lie to say he has been anywhere near as good as we hoped thus far.

You spelled "I" wrong.

This Rookie class gets an I for me as a whole. Not enough are playing to give an overall grade at this point.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(11-10-2021, 12:25 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-09-2021, 11:25 PM)Upper Wrote: Not a single rookie has impressed yet. Trevor included. I'm still not worried about him, but it would be a lie to say he has been anywhere near as good as we hoped thus far.

You spelled "I" wrong.

Well you misspelled "C+" wrong earlier when you graded him too.

(11-10-2021, 10:48 AM)Upper Wrote:
(11-10-2021, 12:25 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: You spelled "I" wrong.

Well you misspelled "C+" wrong earlier when you graded him too.

Lol, so your opinion is fact but his opinion is wrong. Got it.

(11-10-2021, 11:00 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-10-2021, 10:48 AM)Upper Wrote: Well you misspelled "C+" wrong earlier when you graded him too.

Lol, so your opinion is fact but his opinion is wrong. Got it.

My opinion isn't fact, but it is patently absurd to say Trevor has been an A+ so far. Rose colored glasses so strong you might as well have got them welded onto your face.