Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mid Season Rookie Thoughts

(11-10-2021, 11:00 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-10-2021, 10:48 AM)Upper Wrote: Well you misspelled "C+" wrong earlier when you graded him too.

Lol, so your opinion is fact but his opinion is wrong. Got it.

You obviously don't understand how 'expert' opinions work.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-10-2021, 11:17 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(11-10-2021, 11:00 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Lol, so your opinion is fact but his opinion is wrong. Got it.

You obviously don't understand how 'expert' opinions work.

In fairness I hang out here so it's not like I have a lot of experience with them...
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-09-2021, 11:25 PM)Upper Wrote: Not a single rookie has impressed yet. Trevor included. I'm still not worried about him, but it would be a lie to say he has been anywhere near as good as we hoped thus far.

First please do not include me in the "we" you have in your opinion as your criteria for evaluation most likely is different from mine. My expectations for this team has been a good season would be 3 to 4 wins. I did not expect any of our rookies to jump off the page and impress me.  It is very different being a rookie joining an established team with established processes/systems with guys around him that have been playing together for years.

Here they come, jump into the dumpster fire we have been with mostly new faces playing together and a new coaching staff.  I expected Urban and our rookies would be welcomed to the "big boy" league rudely during the first half of the season. I did expect they would rally the second half as things settled down a bit.  All this said:

Trevor - A - has impressed me
Little - A - after not playing for over a year has impressed me. Yes he can be better. Can he be consistent. We will see. (remember Robinson's first few games?)
Cisco - I - Ton of upside but needed to watch a bit and see how teams attack the safety. Bet we see him more the second half of the season.
Campbell - C - Unfortunately, he is pressed into service because of need?  Maybe when the game slows down for him he will learn to locate the ball.
Farrell - C - See Campbell,  needs this year to develop.
Tufele - I - Flashes during limited play time. (but not many)
Etienne - I - We will see next year.

Anyway ... my uneducated opinions...LOL
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(11-10-2021, 11:18 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-10-2021, 11:17 AM)RicoTx Wrote: You obviously don't understand how 'expert' opinions work.

In fairness I hang out here so it's not like I have a lot of experience with them...

just @me next time, geez