Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How do we match up against the chargers?

I haven't really been following other teams besides Jaguars. So how do we match up against them. Are we a better overall team?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I haven't really been following other teams besides Jaguars. So how do we match up against them. Are we a better overall team?

I'd say so. What do you think?

We have better players on paper, but our matchup against the state of California is terrible.

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/BoldCityCap'>Mr. Throw My Way ‏@BoldCityCap </a> 5h5 hours ago

We've played San Diego in 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015 & now 2016. 6 out of last 7yrs. Haven't beaten em in that span. Has to change, right?

I mean, kinda hard to say we are better until it happens right.

Quote:Mr. Throw My Way ‏@BoldCityCap  5h5 hours ago

<div>
We've played San Diego in 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015 & now 2016. 6 out of last 7yrs. Haven't beaten em in that span. Has to change, right?

I mean, kinda hard to say we are better until it happens right.

</div>

It is easy to say we are a better team overall. The hard thing to say is we can beat Philip Rivers and the West Coast.

Quote:Are we a better overall team?

Talent wise, absolutely. Just gotta put it together
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I think we have match up well wit the Chargers. Didn't feel that way against the Packers and we still almost took it. I think Rivers vs our defense is a lot more favorable compared to last year. Our secondary looked really solid against Green Bay. Pass rush worries me a bit, but I think it'll be a bit better against San Diego. Gotta watch Woodhead and Gates. Gates vs Cyp is in their favor, unless we decide to put Ramsey on him.

If we have Ivory, I like the running game vs their D. Just Yeldon and D-Rob against their defense? Yeah, we will probably be one dimensional. Hoping Ivory can play.
No commercial messages in sigs

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2016, 10:02 PM by kenudo.)

This is why we drafted Jack. Stick him on Gates and let the rest of the secondary blanket the receiving corps which frankly is unimpressive without Allen.

Of course that probably won't happen and well be seeing our lbs getting burnt by gates more than a few times.

What if myles jack played Strong safety on 3rd down to take away the tight end? We saw Cyprien not so good in coverage

Quote:This is why we drafted Jack. Stick him on Gates and let the rest of the secondary blanket the receiving corps which frankly is unimpressive without Allen.

Of course that probably won't happen and well be seeing our lbs getting burnt by gates more than a few times.

Can't have Jack out there, he still needs to learn the MIKE WILL, LEO, OTTO, LOTTO, DONNER, BLITZEN, and SPRINKL positions before he can play.

Lots of acronyms man! But they all mean the same thing man! Gotta go out there and play with Jay-gwire spirit man! Overcome adversity man!
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2016, 10:58 PM by sublime92.)

I think our secondary can handle their recievers, we got to stop Melvin Gordon and Danny Woodhead. Woodhead especially on screens can murder us. Verrett is AR15's [BLEEP] and their defense doesnt have the personel to stop ALL of our weapons. We stop the run and get decent pressure we win.

Quote:I think our secondary can handle their recievers, we got to stop Melvin Gordon and Danny Woodhead. Woodhead especially on screens can murder us. Verrett is AR15's [BAD WORD REMOVED] and their defense doesnt have the personel to stop ALL of our weapons. We stop the run and get decent pressure we win.

Decent pressure is not good enough. We need to harass Rivers all day.

I don't know if we are better but I would at this point say evenly matched. just my opinion but its qb vs qb

Quote:Decent pressure is not good enough. We need to harass Rivers all day.
Im hoping we can but I have no clue about the Chargers OLINE or how good they are.

Quote:Im hoping we can but I have no clue about the Chargers OLINE or how good they are.

The Chargers offensive line was said to be horrible last year and we still could not get past them.

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2016, 11:37 PM by wg171.)

Jags a better team on paper imo

But that doesn't mean a win

I feel Jags win this one "if"

- At least decent, consistent pressure on Rivers

- Better running game

- Fewer penalties and minimize turnovers

- Need much better coverage on their TE's than in the past

Actually, this should count for every game. Not just San Diego

Quote:Can't have Jack out there, he still needs to learn the MIKE WILL, LEO, OTTO, LOTTO, DONNER, BLITZEN, and SPRINKL positions before he can play.

Lots of acronyms man! But they all mean the same thing man! Gotta go out there and play with Jay-gwire spirit man! Overcome adversity man!

Sounds like one of many early excuses to give the Gus one more year.

Quote:Decent pressure is not good enough. We need to harass Rivers all day.
But do the Jags have the talent "currently" to do it??

Quote:The Chargers offensive line was said to be horrible last year and we still could not get past them.
My point exactly