Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
*** Official Game Thread - Week 10 Jags @ clots***

Week 10 is here. Fresh off of last week's improbable win over the Bills the Jaguars travel north to face the Indianapolis clots. Game time is 1pm.

Thoughts, commentary, and oh so much snark all day today.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If we win today we’re right back in it.

We've won 2 out of our last 3 games.

We've also won 2 out of our last 23 games.

So, we can look at it two different ways.

I hope both the offense and defense play well at the same time from start to finish today.

Keys to victory

Stop the run
Create turnovers
Pressure on Wentz

On offense

CATCH the ball
Get open
Block well
Dont miss open wrs

Go get 2 in a row Jags!

A win today gives a tiny glimpse of hope for a battle on the 7th seed for the playoffs. Though unlikely with how stacked the AFC North and West divisions are with teams having 5+ wins, one can dream.

(11-14-2021, 07:49 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: We've won 2 out of our last 3 games. 

Oh, why not reach for the stars and call it 3 out of the last 24!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Looks like Cam Robinson is going to play. I would have liked to see Little for another week. Plugging Little in a LT for next 3/4 years on a draftee salary while letting Cam go to free agency, would help Jags payroll wise.

I'll be watching this game on the edge of my seat. But I wouldn't say exactly that I am optimistic about getting a win. There are too many unknowns with this team right now. And our offense has been pitiful for most of the season. Defense showed us a little something something last week. But it's going to take more than that to string together several wins. The coaching staff for the most part have been very unprepared every week. Let's hope the Jaguars surprise everyone and get another win this week.

(11-14-2021, 07:49 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: We've won 2 out of our last 3 games. 

We've only lost 1 game since October 11th

(11-14-2021, 09:53 AM)newporttom Wrote: Looks like Cam Robinson is going to play.  I would have liked to see Little for another week. Plugging Little in a LT for next 3/4 years on a draftee salary while letting Cam go to free agency, would help Jags payroll wise.

We're paying Robinson too much to have him on the sidelines. He has been playing fairly well too. 

Since Little was just fine last week I'd expect us to let Robinson go after the season though.

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2021, 11:13 AM by homebiscuit.)

I really hope we can bring the D again this week. It was so fun seeing Josh Allen on the sidelines shell shocked and bloody after we punished him all game.

Carson Wentz started going rabbit in Philly. He seems to have recovered some of his previous confidence. Let's put him into relapse.

(11-14-2021, 10:41 AM)CanDoBetter Wrote:
(11-14-2021, 09:53 AM)newporttom Wrote: Looks like Cam Robinson is going to play.  I would have liked to see Little for another week. Plugging Little in a LT for next 3/4 years on a draftee salary while letting Cam go to free agency, would help Jags payroll wise.

We're paying Robinson too much to have him on the sidelines. He has been playing fairly well too. 

Since Little was just fine last week I'd expect us to let Robinson go after the season though.

I agree with this. Make the man earn his money. There's plenty of time for Little.

Little wasn’t just fine last week. He’s a backup on a bad team. He’s actually bad

(11-14-2021, 11:20 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Little wasn’t just fine last week. He’s a backup on a bad team. He’s actually bad

He was bad?

Let’s go Jags. We have a tough job in stopping the running game of the Colts and winning the turnover margin this week. Indy is very good at stripping the ball away and causing turnovers in general.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

In 1996 the Jaguars were 3-6 heading into week 10, which was the bye week. The Jags beat Baltimore the following week, and went on to make the playoffs.

If we can get to 3-6, ohhhhh baby. Yes sir!

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2021, 11:52 AM by Flagler Jagsfan. Edited 1 time in total.)

The only way we win this game is if we have a repeat performance from our defense from last week. I think Bevell should be on the hot seat after this game.

I mean, nothing will happen until the season is over. But it should be evident that he cannot put together a good offensive game plan.

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2021, 12:08 PM by snowwolf776. Edited 2 times in total.)

a win would be awsome ,but today I'm askign for the team to stay competiave after a win. Last win we got blowen out our next game.    beat dolphins 23-20  ,lost to seahawks  34-7.  beat bills 9-6.  I am expecting us to get blown out by colts  37 to 7 I hope im wrong,and team is compitiave at least.   Lets not forget we are winless in our division. 0-2. colts beat texans.   It will be a tough game.  one thing for sure is griffien will get beat by a wr  serveal times today. hes overrated.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

James Robinson is playing so that is something.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(11-14-2021, 11:20 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Little wasn’t just fine last week. He’s a backup on a bad team. He’s actually bad
I thought he looked like a rookie tackle that did mostly just fine with 2 or 3 ugly snaps in his first real NFL game.