Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Who is our starting RB

I see trolling is in season this week...must be a lot of bait on the beach.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Our RB1 is obviously James. But Urban loves Ohio state products and has so much bias towards them. I don't agree with it at all but I surely hope ETN will be a nice compliment to James next season. Also I believe that Jordan Wilkins deserves a shot to be our third down back instead of Hyde. I would even take Ozigbo over Carlos Hyde. Ozigbo showed some flashes in the preseason.

(11-15-2021, 11:57 AM)Jagsman Wrote: Our RB1 is obviously James. But Urban loves Ohio state products and has so much bias towards them. I don't agree with it at all but I surely hope ETN will be a nice compliment to James next season. Also I believe that Jordan Wilkins deserves a shot to be our third down back instead of Hyde. I would even take Ozigbo over Carlos Hyde. Ozigbo showed some flashes in the preseason.

But Hyde isn't the 3db, that's ETN's role. Hyde started the year as Co-#1 not as a CoP guy, and that hasn't really changed since September. Hyde should be the starter if Robinson can't go and on the field for an occasional carry and special teams play as any other back up running back should. That he's used differently is another strike on the personnel and coaching.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-15-2021, 12:00 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 11:57 AM)Jagsman Wrote: Our RB1 is obviously James. But Urban loves Ohio state products and has so much bias towards them. I don't agree with it at all but I surely hope ETN will be a nice compliment to James next season. Also I believe that Jordan Wilkins deserves a shot to be our third down back instead of Hyde. I would even take Ozigbo over Carlos Hyde. Ozigbo showed some flashes in the preseason.

But Hyde isn't the 3db, that's ETN's role. Hyde started the year as Co-#1 not as a CoP guy, and that hasn't really changed since September. Hyde should be the starter if Robinson can't go and on the field for an occasional carry and special teams play as any other back up running back should. That he's used differently is another strike on the personnel and coaching.

I agree with you. I just hate when I see Hyde on the field. Man is washed.

Bottom line is they do not have the running backs on the roster to operate this offense the way they want to. We really have only 1 running back and he was gimped last week. They need 1 more quick/fast 210lb+ quick running back. (It was suppose to be our rookie, now on IR) They have been trying to fill that spot with receivers or anyone else. They need to do one of the famous deep dives and tailor the offense to what they have on the roster.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(11-15-2021, 06:45 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 02:27 AM)LMD Wrote: Yeah, I was still operating off the basic initial reports of a 2-year $6 mil deal without looking into any further specifics of the terms. That one's my bad. Thanks for clarifying.

The point, I think, is that in early free agency the Jags paid Carlos Hyde really good money to be here, then spent a 1 on ETN, then couldn't see that JRob is better than either of them. It was 3 mistakes in a row at RB to get us started this year.

My point is that the highlighted part is false.  His salary this year is less than $2 million.  I know it sounds like a lot of money to you and me, but by NFL standards, it is not.  He makes up less than 1% of the Jaguar's salary cap.

(11-15-2021, 08:47 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 06:45 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: The point, I think, is that in early free agency the Jags paid Carlos Hyde really good money to be here, then spent a 1 on ETN, then couldn't see that JRob is better than either of them. It was 3 mistakes in a row at RB to get us started this year.

My point is that the highlighted part is false.  His salary this year is less than $2 million.  I know it sounds like a lot of money to you and me, but by NFL standards, it is not.  He makes up less than 1% of the Jaguar's salary cap.

It's your opinion that my statement is false. I don't care how much he takes up of the cap, he's overpaid for what he is.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I think we need to give Corey Grant a call.

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2021, 11:16 AM by TheDuke007. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-15-2021, 09:19 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 08:47 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: My point is that the highlighted part is false.  His salary this year is less than $2 million.  I know it sounds like a lot of money to you and me, but by NFL standards, it is not.  He makes up less than 1% of the Jaguar's salary cap.

It's your opinion that my statement is false. I don't care how much he takes up of the cap, he's overpaid for what he is.

Overpaid and "really good money" are too different things.  In NFL terms, it is false that he makes "really good money".  He makes less than $2 million.  The league minimum for a player with his tenure is over $1 million.  Again, his salary represents less than 1% of the Jaguar's salary cap.  Tre Herndon makes more money.  Chris Manhertz makes more money.  Even Rodney Gunter takes up more of this year's salary cap and he isn't even on the team anymore.  He never even played a down for us.

If you think Hyde sucks, that's fine, but it's a false narrative to portray him as an expensive free agent signing when he wasn't.

Is Hyde below Agnew at this point?
s
;

;

(11-18-2021, 11:20 AM)Norman Mushari Wrote: Is Hyde below Agnew at this point?

In terms of salary, yes.  Agnew makes more money than Hyde.  In terms of the depth chart?  I would consider that "n/a" as they play different positions.

Too bad they can’t get Agnew more open field. That dude has a serious top gear.

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2021, 08:55 PM by jaguarmvp. Edited 1 time in total.)

I have no idea why they love Hyde so much.  He does so little with the ball in his hands. Guy is slow!
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(11-18-2021, 08:53 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I have no idea why they love Hyde so much.  He does so little with the ball in his hand.

Have you learned nothing about Urban Meyer and his methodology since March?

Tbw last 2 games that James robsinon has been healthy Hyde has a total of 2 carries. What's with the overreaction here?

(11-18-2021, 08:53 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I have no idea why they love Hyde so much.  He does so little with the ball in his hands. Guy is slow!

Urbz, like his boss, is loyal to a fault.

Unfortunately, thanks to injury, there is little other choice besides Hyde if JRob is unable to answer the call. He's a bandaid, nothing more.

I think some people are blowing this completely out of proportion.  Robinson has had 100 carries this year compared to 56 for Hyde.  However, even this number is misleading as it includes the game where Robinson was injured and inactive.  If you take that out, it's 100 carries for Robinson compared to 35 for Hyde.  Again, even this is misleading because it includes the game where Robinson got injured early.  If you take that game out, it's 96 carries for Robinson compared to 26 for Hyde.  It's almost a 4 to 1 carry ratio in games where Robinson is healthy for the full game.

(11-20-2021, 01:12 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: I think some people are blowing this completely out of proportion.  Robinson has had 100 carries this year compared to 56 for Hyde.  However, even this number is misleading as it includes the game where Robinson was injured and inactive.  If you take that out, it's 100 carries for Robinson compared to 35 for Hyde.  Again, even this is misleading because it includes the game where Robinson got injured early.  If you take that game out, it's 96 carries for Robinson compared to 26 for Hyde.  It's almost a 4 to 1 carry ratio in games where Robinson is healthy for the full game.

Here's the context:
  • The thread was started after a game wherein Hyde received the ball in two plays crucial to extending a drive or scoring and he fell short on both counts - it was overreaction, but the frustration is understandable
  • Most of us realize Hyde has taken a back seat to Robinson -  despite this staff's unforgivable squandering of Robinson for two weeks early on and again for a number of quarters sprinkled throughout the season. They just inexplicably abandon him when he's gaining 5 yds per carry 
  • That ^ makes it even more insufferable when Meyer pulls Robinson for Hyde on a crucial down - and he's done that at least 5 times this season - probably more. 
  • Also - Robinson should be getting 18 carries and  22 touches per game at minimum and he's not. He's our only sure fire playmaker at this point. Not giving him a proper workload is insane. 

(This post was last modified: 11-20-2021, 02:11 PM by Kane.)

(11-20-2021, 01:12 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: I think some people are blowing this completely out of proportion.  Robinson has had 100 carries this year compared to 56 for Hyde.  However, even this number is misleading as it includes the game where Robinson was injured and inactive.  If you take that out, it's 100 carries for Robinson compared to 35 for Hyde.  Again, even this is misleading because it includes the game where Robinson got injured early.  If you take that game out, it's 96 carries for Robinson compared to 26 for Hyde.  It's almost a 4 to 1 carry ratio in games where Robinson is healthy for the full game.

It's about when and not really how much...
It's about situational play calling. It's about a lack of football IQ by the Urban Meyer regime. 

JRob (prior to injury) should have been used as a workhorse and we're just throwing the ball way too much when the game is still close. 
Bevells successful years as OC have been propped up by HOF QBs and HOF RBs. 
We got Detroit Bevell not SB winning Seattle Bevell or Favre and All Day Vikings Bevell.

We got passing on 2nd and goal with Lynch in the backfield and losing the SB Bevell.

Oh and Urban Meyer. We got Urban Meyer

(11-20-2021, 01:22 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Here's the context:
  • Also - Robinson should be getting 18 carries and  22 touches per game at minimum and he's not. He's our only sure fire playmaker at this point. Not giving him a proper workload is insane. 

Yeah he's averaging 17 carries a game I think removing the 2 games he didn't play.
He definitely needs 20-25 imo. He should only be spelled when HE taps his helmet for a break.
He pass pros well and can catch. He doesn't need to come off the field if he isn't hurt or tired.

(11-18-2021, 11:18 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Tbw last 2 games that James robsinon has been healthy Hyde has a total of 2 carries. What's with the overreaction here?

Do you see it now ?