Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
AFC South Week 2 Predictions

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2016, 08:13 PM by Eye of the Storm.)

Due to popular demand I'll start a new thread each week for predictions. I'll try to get it going on Tuesdays after the Monday night game has been played.

Jags @ Chargers

The Jags take a trip out west to their personal house of horrors. The Jags nearly beat one of the perceived best teams in the league while the Chargers blew a huge lead in Arrowhead, one of the toughest environments in the NFL. The Chargers suffered a huge blow by losing Keenan Allen and the Jags may be without Chris Ivory for the second straight week. We all know that we've lost 5 in a row to the Chargers and have never won in Qualcomm. That streak ends Sunday. Give me the Jags.

Titans @ Lions

The Lions pulled off what I think was an upset by going on the road and beating the clots. The Titans blew an early lead to the Vikings at home as their "exotic smash mouth offense" proved to be ineffective at holding a lead. Give me the Lions at home.

Chiefs @ Texans

Probably the hardest pick of the week. The Chiefs was able to overcome a huge deficit at home and beat the Chargers at home while the Texans beat what will most likely be the 4th place team in the NFC North. I'm taking the Texans at home in what will probably be a low scoring game.

Colts @ Broncos

In what was probably my favorite game of week 1 the clots gave up a game winning FG with less than a minute on the clock while the Broncos won a nail biter in a Super Bowl rematch with the Panthers. While Trevor Siemian is only making his second start the clots defense is absolute trash. Andrew Luck can't do it all by himself, so I'm taking the Broncos.

Last week: 2-2
Jaguars Fundamentalist

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Jags

KC

Detroit

Denver

Last week 3-1
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I just have a feeling the Jaguars talent is going to start overpowering their complete ineptitude when it comes to traveling west. Gates is getting too old, the defense is getting too fast, and I think the team overall is too angry after the packers game not to win this week.

As for the rest of the AFCS, let's just say they come back down to earth in the case of the texans, or keep coming back down to earth in the case of the colts and titans.

Jaguars

Lions

Chiefs

Broncos

3-1 last week.

Last week 3-1

Overall 3-1

Going with:

Jaguars defeat chargers, we have to start beating teams anywhere and especially teams beneath us in talent.

Lions defeat Titans, titans exotic run game didn't get it done and will not this week either. Lions offense too much for titans.

Chiefs defeat Texans, chiefs might be boring, but they know how to win.

Broncos defeat Colts, Broncos look like last year's team, bye bye colts.

Jags

Lions

Chiefs

Broncos

Chiefs are boring? LOL They came back from 21 points behind to win a game.

Last Week: 3-1

Overall: 3-1

Picks:

Jaguars

Titans (an upset)

Chiefs

Broncos

"It was Blake Bortles the whole time. They believe in this kid. He reminds me a bit of a young Ben Roethlisberger." ~Mike Mayock

2-2 last week.

This week's picks:

Chargers

Lions

Chiefs

Broncos

Lions

Chiefs

Chargers

Broncos

1-3 last week

2-2 last week

2-2 overall

Jaguars

Lions

Chiefs

Broncos
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

Jags

Lions

Chiefs

Broncos

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Chargers

Lions

Chiefs

Colts

Last week I was 2-2, counting on the Titans & Jags to win... pssh. 

Jags over Chargers

Lions over Titans

Texans over Chiefs

Broncos over Colts

2-2 overall

ImATexan

Jags

Lions

Chiefs

Broncos

Week 1:  1-3

We get back in the hunt.

Have you seen my baseball?

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2016, 11:23 AM by Deacon.)

Jacksonville @ Whale's... uh, San Diahgo

Must be the homer in me, but I think Jacksonville takes this one. While Rivers is still deadly, I think the team as a whole took a huge blow back to back in the loss to Kansas City and losing Allen for  the season. And San Diego is only getting three points at home, so this is probably seen as a wash. I don't think the Jacksonville Defense shuts down San Diego, but I do think they will keep the Offense in the game. JAX for the win.

Tennessee @ Detroit

Detroit at home just feels right on this doesn't it? Even Vegas is giving Detroit a -6 advantage. I don't think Mariota can keep pace with the Detroit Offense. DET takes the home game.

Kansas City @ Houston

I think Andy Reid pencil whips the Houston Defense here. I think the Houston offense is good enough to at least keep within arms reach, but I don't think they will have an answer for all of the weapons KC puts on the field. KC goes on the road and wins.

Indianapolis @ Denver

Might we actually see an NFL QB's arm get removed from his body this week? That Denver Defense brings the pressure and I'm not certain Indy can stand up to it, especially in Denver. Denver wins this one going away and probably leaving a few guys in body bags in the aftermath. DEN takes the win.

Last week: 3 -1

Overall: 3 - 1

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2016, 10:29 AM by jradMITEX.)

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">4-0 last week although I didn't put it down, so I guess it don't count

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;"> 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Houston over Chiefs - Games closer than seem last year, No Hoyer to spot points, Will Fuller + Lamar Miller, Pass rush is starting to look special, Chiefs banged up on the o-line, and no Lamar Houston  27-20

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Chargers over Jags - Jags have to prove they can win on the road, very very long trip to Cali, Rivers is still capable, still have a lot of questions about the Jags pass rush and BB's ability to play clean 27-24

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Lions over Titans -  Lions are getting disrespected however if you are paying attention they are 7-2 in their last 9 games with one of those losses being on a hail mary.  Stafford has played well under the new OC, 31-17

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Colts over Broncos (hope I'm wrong about this one) - Colts have fared well against the Broncos in the past, broke up their perfect season last year, AL looked great last week, the o-line protected well, big test for their O in Denver.  Denver's D did not look elite last week, especially against the run.  Siemian is still green, although the consensus is Denver, I think the Colts O will be able to score enough points and despite their defensive shortcomings Sieman and co wont be able to keep up especially if he turns the ball over at all.  Like I said I hope I am wrong and the broncos are able to establish a good run game that opens up the PA and they dominate the clock Kubiak style, and AL takes a beating, but I just have the feeling the headlines will be the shock of Denver losing this game, despite the fact that it really shouldn't be a shock since it happened last year against a better D.   Im going with 27-24 Colts, hoping its 31-10 Denver.

Week 1: 2-2

Chargers beat Jags

Lions beat Titans

Chiefs beat Texans

Broncos beat Colts

0-4 for the AFCS this week.

We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

Jags

Lions

Texans

Broncos

Jags

Lions

Texans

Broncos

4-0 last week and overall

Last week 3-1

Overall 3 -1

Chiefs over Texans