Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
AFC South Week 2 Predictions

Quote:Last week 3-1

Overall 3 -1

Chiefs over Texans

Lions over Titans

Chargers over Jags

Colts over Broncos

Is your homer switch on or do you really believe this? If so, why? I'm interested to know.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Is your homer switch on or do you really believe this? If so, why? I'm interested to know.

CW always picks the Colts to win. He is a homer every week.

Quote:Is your homer switch on or do you really believe this? If so, why? I'm interested to know.

Historically the Colts have been extremely successful against Denver. It's not a crazy pick over their history.

Jags

Lions

Chiefs

Broncos

3-1 last week.

last week  -  0-0 - oops. I'll take my chances though.

Jags

Texans

Lions

Broncos

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:Historically the Colts have been extremely successful against Denver. It's not a crazy pick over their history.

Normally I'd say that is fair but the Colts D is historically garbage. Stafford carved them up in seconds. Without Megatron.

Jaguars over Bolts: Comparable offensive talent, but I like our defense over theirs.

Lions over Titans: Lions step on the gas pedal and demonstrate how football games are won in this century.

Chiefs over Texans: Great defensive battle.  Want to see BO play a good defense before I give it to him.  Would not be surprised to see it go the other way.

Broncos over Colts: Don't think the Colts can take on a team this talented.  Can the Colts stop Anderson?

Last week: 4-0

Overall: 4-0

Quote:Normally I'd say that is fair but the Colts D is historically garbage. Stafford carved them up in seconds. Without Megatron.

Is Stafford playing for the Broncos? 

ImATexan

Quote:Is Stafford playing for the Broncos? 

Talking about last weekend.

Quote:Normally I'd say that is fair but the Colts D is historically garbage. Stafford carved them up in seconds. Without Megatron.

When watching the Lions-Colts game,   one thought that came to mind was the Colts Injuries in the Secondary were as pronounced as I've seen from an NFL Secondary in a long time.   The Colts had major injury CB issues in their MNF game against the Jets last season in Week # 2.  In that game though,  I don't recall Safety injuries being an issue.   But against the Lions,  not only did they begin without 3 out of their top 5 DBs in their primary Nickel Package,  they had 2 or 3 more injuries in the Secondary during the game.   The fact that Winston Guy was forced into action after backup rookie S T.J. Green went down helped sum up what the Colts were dealing with.    As pleased as I am about Matthew Stafford's performance in that game,   the combination of injuries in the Secondary and the personnel absences on the Colts D-Line made the Colts Defensive task extremely difficult.

As for the Colts upcoming game in Denver,  Nickel CB Darius Butler returned to practice.   But otherwise,  their Secondary situation isn't looking good.   The injury that OLB Robert Mathis is now dealing with only compounds their problems.   

Though the Colts are fortunate to be facing an inexperienced QB in this game,  they have a major uphill battle on their hands.   I plan on making my picks Saturday Night after absorbing the updated injury information.   Right now though,  my plan is to pick the Broncos w/o much hesitation.

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2016/9/14/12...ntae-davis

One more thing to note about the inexperienced QB: he was pretty good against Carolina's defense. The only glaring mistake besides two interceptions was not throwing over a linebacker's head in the end zone.

Quote:One more thing to note about the inexperienced QB: he was pretty good against Carolina's defense. The only glaring mistake besides two interceptions was not throwing over a linebacker's head in the end zone.

He played better than I expected.   Yet,  now that the opponents have game tape to watch on him in a regular season game,  the challenge for sustained success is a major issue.   Against the depleted Colts Secondary,   inexperience might not be a major issue.   But against many opponents ahead,   the QB position is a major question mark until/ unless proven otherwise for the Broncos.   To the extent that I'm sticking with my Chiefs selection as AFC West winners this season.   

Quote:He played better than I expected. Yet,  now that the opponents have game tape to watch on him in a regular season game, the challenge for sustained success is a major issue. Against the depleted Colts Secondary, inexperience might not be a major issue. But against many opponents ahead, the QB position is a major question mark until/ unless proven otherwise for the Broncos. To the extent that I'm sticking with my Chiefs selection as AFC West winners this season.   

Many people are picking the Chiefs for more reasons than Denver's QB situation. They also see the losses on defense (Malik Jackson, Danny Trevathan, and a couple DBs). The OL is full of question marks now because it has new starters at all five positions. Of course QB is always going to be the #1 issue.

Don't sleep on Oakland. The Raiders are a playoff dark horse.

4-0 last week

Jags  (Probably a homer pick, but I just think we'll get it done)

Lions

Chiefs

Broncos

Quote:Historically the Colts have been extremely successful against Denver. It's not a crazy pick over their history.

I guess I'm asking because I see that Denver defense and see just how ridiculously good it is. I feel like they tilt the balance of the game in Denver's favor. So much so that it trumps historical performance.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Last week 2-2

Overall 2-2

Jacksonville

Detroit

Houston

Denver

You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

No, although I wouldn't be surprised if the Colts lost either. The Colts actually match better on paper vs. Broncos than the Lions. Colts issue is defensive, obviously. Broncos don't have a quality QB that presents and huge threat. That favors the Colts.

Basically...

Strengths: Colts offense, Broncos defense.

Weakness: Broncos offense, Colts defense.

Should be pretty even, IMO.

And like a poster stated above me, Colts and Luck have been historically great against the Broncos.

Quote:CW always picks the Colts to win. He is a homer every week.

This is not true... At all.

Jags
Lions
Texans
Broncos

Last week 3-1

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

CW, I have been reading your weekly predictions long enough to figure out you almost never pick against the Colts. Even when it is obvious the Colts have almost no chance of winning, you picked them. That is being a homer.

Quote:CW, I have been reading your weekly predictions long enough to figure out you almost never pick against the Colts. Even when it is obvious the Colts have almost no chance of winning, you picked them. That is being a homer.

You obviously haven't been paying attention.