Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
AFC South Week 2 Predictions

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2016, 08:35 AM by Bullseye.)

I am hoping to recover from a horrific week of prognosticating.  Although the teams I picked were in a decent position to win the games last week, including my beloved Jaguars, they didn't come through.  Fortunately, the season is a marathon, not a sprint.  Now on to my picks.

Jaguars (0-1) vs. San Diego (0-1)-Phillip Rivers and the Bolts have traditionally represented a house of horrors for the Jaguars.  Over the past 5-6 years, Rivers and the Chargers passing game has absolutely shredded the Jaguars defense, not scoring less than 31 points per game IIRC.  But I believe times they are a changin'.  The Jaguars have had an infusion of defensive talent this offseason in particular, and it has already started to pay dividends.  The Jaguars defense held one of the top 2-3 QBs in the game, Aaron Rodgers, to less than 200 yards passing.  I noticed that there were very few passes of his where receivers were running wide open.  In the overwhelming majority of cases, the Jaguars' defenders were in an excellent position to make a play on the ball, but were beaten by insanely accurate passes from a future Hall of Fame QB.  While I am a Jaguars fan, I certainly do not slight Phillip Rivers when I say he is not quite as good as Aaron Rodgers.  What's more, they have lost their best WR, Keenan Allen, for the season with a torn ACL.  I think the Jaguars' secondary continues the good coverage, I think they manage to get a little more pressure on a less mobile Rivers, and the Jaguars pull it out on the West Coast.  Jaguars win 24-20.

Tacks (0-1) vs. Lions (1-0)-The tacks did a good job shutting down Adrian Peterson last week, holding him to an unheard of 30 something yards.  I have to give credit where due, no matter how nauseating.  The good news is they face a far more diversified offense with a far better QB than the Vikes had.   Mariota cost the tacks 14 points with his turnovers in a Garrardian type performance, which was satisfying to see.  I think he will be better this week, but so will the Lions' offense.  Detroit wins 28-17.

Chiefs (1-0) vs. Texans (1-0) Last year, the Chiefs proved to be a matchup nightmare for the Texans, crushing them in Houston in the playoffs.  While Houston has added speed to the WR corps, I am still not ready to say they have bridged the gap, especially with Watt still recovering from his back injury.  Based upon the clips I saw last week, he wasn't quite himself yet.  Chiefs win 23-20.

Colts (0-1) vs. Broncos (1-0)-While the Colts' O-Line performed better than expected against Detroit last week, they go up against a defense a couple of notches better in defending Super Bowl champion Denver.  In Mile High.  With Denver having ten days to prepare.  Broncos win 26-21.

Last week:  1-3

Overall:  1-3

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2016, 08:59 AM by JagFan4Life78.)

Quote:No, although I wouldn't be surprised if the Colts lost either. The Colts actually match better on paper vs. Broncos than the Lions. Colts issue is defensive, obviously. Broncos don't have a quality QB that presents and huge threat. That favors the Colts.

Basically...

Strengths: Colts offense, Broncos defense.

Weakness: Broncos offense, Colts defense.

Should be pretty even, IMO.

And like a poster stated above me, Colts and Luck have been historically great against the Broncos.

This is not true... At all.
They don't say defense wins championships for no reason.

New Jersey Jaguars fan.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">The Colts and Titans looked terrible this week. The Texans looked pretty good, they of course looked good against a team that many predict to be the worst if not top 3 worst teams in the NFL this season. The Jags looked like they could compete with a top team in the NFL.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;"> 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Now this is week 1 so this all could change.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">I predict this to be a race between the Jaguars and the Texans.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">The Colts defense is soooo bad I cannot see them making the playoffs or competing for the playoffs this year. There offense will be good enough to win a decent amount of games though. This being said they play against the best defense in the NFL which I believe will nullify there offence and they will make the Broncos offence look above average and will lose going 0-2.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">The Titans just look like they are still missing way to many pieces. They did play the Vikings which were a great team last year so it is hard to tell, but once the Vikings got into the groove of things the Titans couldn't do anything. I personally think the Titans will be last in this division and will not be a serious contender to the playoffs. This being said the division will be close but I still believe the Titans will be last. The Titans looked poor on both sides of the ball and the Lions looked great offensively and poor on defense. I believe the Titans will also start 0-2.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">The Texans played well against a bad Bears team. Hard to tell where they stand just from this game alone but I do think they will be contending to win the division. They will go against the Chiefs at home which IMO is a toss up at this point and will really show where the Texans are as a team. I say they use there home field advantage well and barely win a close game 2-0.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">The Jaguars played well against a team contending for the Superbowl. This game could have gone either way and went down to the last play. The Jaguars played well against a very good team the first game of last year and it was a close game as well and we all know how that season turned out... I do not believe that is the case this season. The Chargers played well last week but lost there 2 starting WR's and dropped a huge lead in embarrassing fashion. I believe the Jaguars pull out a W making there week two record 1-1.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">In short:

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Jags

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Denver

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Houston

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Detroit

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Last week: 3-1

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Season: 3-1

New Jersey Jaguars fan.

Last week 1-3

This week

Jags

Broncos

Lions

Chiefs

jags

lions

chefs

broncos

(3-1 last week)

Quote:jags

lions

chefs

broncos

KC and Houston together!  Damn right the BBQ Chefs win that day!

Jaguars

Lions

Texans

Broncos

Last week 3-1

Last week: 3-1

Jaguars

Titans

Colts

Texans

Great week for AFCS

Quote:Last week: 3-1

Jaguars

Titans

Colts

Texans

Great week for AFCS

By the way PorkChop, I got to see Unknown Hinson in concert last night. Damn good show.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

That's awesome!

Last week 2-2

Jags over Bolts

Lions over tacks

Chiefs over tinhorns

Broncos over clots

Quote:No, although I wouldn't be surprised if the Colts lost either. The Colts actually match better on paper vs. Broncos than the Lions. Colts issue is defensive, obviously. Broncos don't have a quality QB that presents and huge threat. That favors the Colts.

Basically...

Strengths: Colts offense, Broncos defense.

Weakness: Broncos offense, Colts defense.

Should be pretty even, IMO.

And like a poster stated above me, Colts and Luck have been historically great against the Broncos.

This is not true... At all.

I don't know that I would call the Colts offense vs. the Broncos defense a strength.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Last week: 3-1

Jaguars

Titans

Colts

Texans

Great week for AFCS
LOL

We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2016, 03:50 PM by Sosa.)

Jags - Almost pulled out a win against the Packers if it wasn't for poor officiating and a freak Rodgers play. Gates is much older and will be planned for this time around. Keenan is out, jags should have an easier game than last week.

Lions - Dominated the Colts in the first half, but let their lead slip towards the end. Still came away with a win thanks to how well Stafford was playing that game. Tacks don't have an offense like Indy, Mariota played bad and is not at the level of Luck. Lions have the advantage on defense. Lions will have a harder time on offense this week, but I still think Stafford leads them to a win. Go catbros!

Chiefs - Came back and smashed the Chargers in amazing fashion. I think they keep it together for all 4 quarters this time and win a close one. They've had the Texans number for awhile now.

Broncos - This game will get out of hand for the Colts. They struggled against the Lions defense, who have a good defensive unit, but Denver is on another level. Colts also have no answer for CJ Anderson, Demaryius, or Sanders. Will be a field day for the ponies.

4-0 last week.

0-0 last week i forgot to make my picks.   

Lions over tittians

Chiefs beat texans. 

Broncos pull off a win in close game cause of it being in denver.  

Chargers over jags.   Jags look like same team,and same response by HC after lose. some things were good,some were bad. He says that every year after jags lose.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Quote:0-0 last week i forgot to make my picks.

Lions over tittians

Chiefs beat texans.

Broncos pull off a win in close game cause of it being in denver.

Chargers over jags. Jags look like same team,and same response by HC after lose. some things were good,some were bad. He says that every year after jags lose.

Wolfie, your pessimism is upsetting. Not to mention Gus' response to this loss was different than he's ever been
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

The Colts defense will get beat worse this week than last. I also don't know how you'd call the offense a strength facing that Broncos defense. Colts are outmatched badly, it's gonna get ugly.

Quote:I don't know that I would call the Colts offense vs. the Broncos defense a strength.

Not what I was saying. I was saying Colts strength is their offense, Broncos strength is their defense.

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2016, 01:52 AM by lastonealive.)

Quote:Not what I was saying. I was saying Colts strength is their offense, Broncos strength is their defense.

I'd say your strength is the Kicker and punter

Last week 3-1

Overall 3-1

Jaguars beat Chargers 31-20

Chiefs beat Texans 21-13

Lions beat Titans 24-10

Colts beat Broncos 27-24

'02