Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
AFC South Week 2 Predictions

Quote:Not what I was saying. I was saying Colts strength is their offense, Broncos strength is their defense.

The thing is, the Colts don't have a real strong offense.  The Broncos have a pretty respectable defense though.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Week # 1: 4-0

Projected winners for Week # 2:

Lions.   DeAndre Levy being doubtful with a quad injury is concerning against the speed of Marcus Mariota.   Yet,  when considering the Lions overall weapons on Offense compared to what Tennessee has on Offense,  especially with WR Kendall Wright out,   and that the game is in Detroit,   I think the Lions have enough to get the victory. 

Texans:   The Chiefs will be w/o their starting Guards.   Though I was wrong about my projection when these teams met in the playoffs back in January,  this time around the home team should win.

Jaguars:     The loss of WR Keenan Allen for the Chargers is huge.   With Chris Ivory,  my level of confidence in the Jags for this game would be higher.   However,  the Jags have the talent to overcome Ivory's loss providing mistakes are kept on the low side.

Broncos:    The Colts injury situation on Defense will probably be too much for them to overcome despite the inexperience the Broncos have at QB.

Jags

KC

Detroit

Denver

Last week 3-1

Quote:Due to popular demand I'll start a new thread each week for predictions. I'll try to get it going on Tuesdays after the Monday night game has been played.

Jags @ Chargers

The Jags take a trip out west to their personal house of horrors. The Jags nearly beat one of the perceived best teams in the league while the Chargers blew a huge lead in Arrowhead, one of the toughest environments in the NFL. The Chargers suffered a huge blow by losing Keenan Allen and the Jags may be without Chris Ivory for the second straight week. We all know that we've lost 5 in a row to the Chargers and have never won in Qualcomm. That streak ends Sunday. Give me the Jags.

Titans @ Lions

The Lions pulled off what I think was an upset by going on the road and beating the clots. The Titans blew an early lead to the Vikings at home as their "exotic smash mouth offense" proved to be ineffective at holding a lead. Give me the Lions at home.

Chiefs @ Texans

Probably the hardest pick of the week. The Chiefs was able to overcome a huge deficit at home and beat the Chargers at home while the Texans beat what will most likely be the 4th place team in the NFC North. I'm taking the Texans at home in what will probably be a low scoring game.

Colts @ Broncos

In what was probably my favorite game of week 1 the clots gave up a game winning FG with less than a minute on the clock while the Broncos won a nail biter in a Super Bowl rematch with the Panthers. While Trevor Siemian is only making his second start the clots defense is absolute trash. Andrew Luck can't do it all by himself, so I'm taking the Broncos.

Last week: 2-2

Another 2-2 week for me.

4-4 overall
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Quote:I am hoping to recover from a horrific week of prognosticating.  Although the teams I picked were in a decent position to win the games last week, including my beloved Jaguars, they didn't come through.  Fortunately, the season is a marathon, not a sprint.  Now on to my picks.

Jaguars (0-1) vs. San Diego (0-1)-Phillip Rivers and the Bolts have traditionally represented a house of horrors for the Jaguars.  Over the past 5-6 years, Rivers and the Chargers passing game has absolutely shredded the Jaguars defense, not scoring less than 31 points per game IIRC.  But I believe times they are a changin'.  The Jaguars have had an infusion of defensive talent this offseason in particular, and it has already started to pay dividends.  The Jaguars defense held one of the top 2-3 QBs in the game, Aaron Rodgers, to less than 200 yards passing.  I noticed that there were very few passes of his where receivers were running wide open.  In the overwhelming majority of cases, the Jaguars' defenders were in an excellent position to make a play on the ball, but were beaten by insanely accurate passes from a future Hall of Fame QB.  While I am a Jaguars fan, I certainly do not slight Phillip Rivers when I say he is not quite as good as Aaron Rodgers.  What's more, they have lost their best WR, Keenan Allen, for the season with a torn ACL.  I think the Jaguars' secondary continues the good coverage, I think they manage to get a little more pressure on a less mobile Rivers, and the Jaguars pull it out on the West Coast.  Jaguars win 24-20.

Tacks (0-1) vs. Lions (1-0)-The tacks did a good job shutting down Adrian Peterson last week, holding him to an unheard of 30 something yards.  I have to give credit where due, no matter how nauseating.  The good news is they face a far more diversified offense with a far better QB than the Vikes had.   Mariota cost the tacks 14 points with his turnovers in a Garrardian type performance, which was satisfying to see.  I think he will be better this week, but so will the Lions' offense.  Detroit wins 28-17.

Chiefs (1-0) vs. Texans (1-0) Last year, the Chiefs proved to be a matchup nightmare for the Texans, crushing them in Houston in the playoffs.  While Houston has added speed to the WR corps, I am still not ready to say they have bridged the gap, especially with Watt still recovering from his back injury.  Based upon the clips I saw last week, he wasn't quite himself yet.  Chiefs win 23-20.

Colts (0-1) vs. Broncos (1-0)-While the Colts' O-Line performed better than expected against Detroit last week, they go up against a defense a couple of notches better in defending Super Bowl champion Denver.  In Mile High.  With Denver having ten days to prepare.  Broncos win 26-21.

Last week:  1-3

Overall:  1-3

Another 1-3...yeesh! !!

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Another 1-3...yeesh! !!

We're together in that. I won't be picking the Jaguars again until they win a game.

2-2 for me this week.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

2-2 for me. 4-4 so far
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

Quote:2-2 last week.

This week's picks:

Chargers

Lions

Chiefs

Broncos

2-2 this week

4-4 overall

Quote:Jags

KC

Detroit

Denver

Last week 3-1

1-3

4-4 overall
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Ouch, 1-3 this week.

4-4 overall.

1-3 again this week.

overall: 2-6

Have you seen my baseball?

2-2

5-3 overall

2-2 this week, Titans and Colts(which I wanted) went against me, 6-2 overall.

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2016, 12:42 PM by Treestone Ice.)

Quote:Jags

Lions

Texans

Broncos

4-0 last week and overall
2-2 this week, 6-2 overall. Thx jags

Quote:Last week I was 2-2, counting on the Titans & Jags to win... pssh. 

Jags over Chargers

Lions over Titans

Texans over Chiefs

Broncos over Colts

2-2 overall

Titans surprised the crap out of me. 3-1 for week two. 5-3 overall. 

My bad... the Jags laid a freaking egg. 2-2 for week two. 4-4 overall. 

ImATexan

Quote:Jacksonville @ Whale's... uh, San Diahgo

Must be the homer in me, but I think Jacksonville takes this one. While Rivers is still deadly, I think the team as a whole took a huge blow back to back in the loss to Kansas City and losing Allen for  the season. And San Diego is only getting three points at home, so this is probably seen as a wash. I don't think the Jacksonville Defense shuts down San Diego, but I do think they will keep the Offense in the game. JAX for the win.

Ugly, just plain ugly. The whole team looked unprepared. Yikes. LOSS

Tennessee @ Detroit

Detroit at home just feels right on this doesn't it? Even Vegas is giving Detroit a -6 advantage. I don't think Mariota can keep pace with the Detroit Offense. DET takes the home game.

Tennessee won that one? How? Did anyone watch the game? LOSS

Kansas City @ Houston

I think Andy Reid pencil whips the Houston Defense here. I think the Houston offense is good enough to at least keep within arms reach, but I don't think they will have an answer for all of the weapons KC puts on the field. KC goes on the road and wins.

Ugh. LOSS

Indianapolis @ Denver

Might we actually see an NFL QB's arm get removed from his body this week? That Denver Defense brings the pressure and I'm not certain Indy can stand up to it, especially in Denver. Denver wins this one going away and probably leaving a few guys in body bags in the aftermath. DEN takes the win.

At least I got one right. WIN

<p style="font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">Last week: 1 - 3

<p style="font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">Overall: 4 - 4

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

2-2 in Week # 2,   6-2 overall.

Congrats to the Tennessee fans on your team's comeback win over the Lions.    The Lions decision to take Charles Rogers over Andre Johnson continues to plague the team even over 13 years later.   Even with the Lions massive amount of injuries during the game and highly questionable officiating  ( against both teams  ),   it's inexcusable to lose a game at home after leading by 12 in the 4th QTR against a team that's looking much more to the future than to the present. 

Bad week for me, last week was 3-1 this week is 2-2. Jaguars was a huge disappointing loss and the Tennessee game was a complete shock too.

Overall 5-3

New Jersey Jaguars fan.

1-3 followed by 1-3...

I'm well on my way to matching the Jags final record for this season....